AT&T provides telecommunications, media, and technology services. It offers wireless communications, data/broadband and internet services, local and long-distance telephone services, telecommunications equipment, managed networking, and wholesale services in Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. AT&T has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the US. AT&T is the third-largest internet service provider. AT&T is the best deal for the fastest internet as it secured the No. 1 rating on Best Internet Service Providers of 2023. But you may still want to cancel the AT&T internet for various reasons. Maybe you want to switch to a different service provider, or AT&T does not work as well for you as others, or just because you are shifting. The cancellation of AT&T is as easy as making a doodle. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will make you understand how much is ATT internet cancelation fee and AT&T early termination fee for Internet.
How Much is AT&T Internet Cancelation Fee?
Keep reading further to find out how much is the ATT internet cancelation fee and how to cancel AT&T contract without penalty.
Does ATT Have a Cancellation Fee?
No, AT&T does not have a cancellation fee but only has an AT&T early termination fee for internet if you do not cancel your internet service within 14 days of signing up. And for legacy customers, nothing may be charged.
How Much Does It Cost to Cancel AT&T Internet Contract?
Some AT&Tservices require contracts, while some don’t. For instance, there is no contract needed for AT&T Internet-only plans, but phone and TV bundles will have a two-year contract. If you decide to cancel your internet service before the said duration of the contract, you may have to pay an early termination fee. The amount will depend on how much is left from your contract.
- For one-year contracts, the fee is up to $180.
- For two-year contracts, it can be up to $360 i.e. $15 for each used month.
How Much is AT&T Internet Cancellation Fee?
The ATT internet cancelation fee may cost up to $180 as an AT&T early termination fee for internet if you do not cancel your internet within 14 days from the sign-up, and it will do down to $15 every month. The term commitment is about 12 months. However, these termination fees will be waived if you provide them with a valid reason, like moving to a different local or any health-related issue. The termination fees would be free or max $80 for legacy customers.
The estimated amount is explained in this table.
|Months in service||Prorated ETF|
How Much is AT&T Early Termination Fee for Internet?
The ATT internet cancelation fee, which is only the early termination fee, is $180, only if you do not cancel your internet within 14 days from the sign-up, with $15 every month. The term commitment is about 12 months. However, these termination fees will get waived if you provide them with a valid reason, like moving to a different local or any health-related issue. The termination fees would be free or max $80 for legacy customers. If you’re calling near the end of your billing cycle because ATT no longer pro rates for how many days the service is used.
What is AT&T Internet Cancellation Number?
The AT&T internet cancellation number is (800) 288-2020 or (877) 999-0765. Keep in mind that you are advised to call them during their normal operating hours. If you call during normal operating hours, it will take 1-4 hours only. But if you call after these hours, you need to wait till the next day to get the internet canceled.
The normal operating hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday – 7 AM to 9 PM (Central Time)
- Saturday and Sunday – 8 AM to 9 PM (Central Time)
Also Read: Does AT&T Charge for Replacement SIM Card?
How to Cancel AT&T Contract without Penalty?
Here contains the procedure to cancel AT&T contract without penalty i.e. to cancel the internet service without the ATT internet cancelation fee:
- Pay outstanding account balances: It is advisable to pay all your outstanding account balances to avoid them levying late fees and you would be prepared in case there are any disputes about equipment or restocking fees.
- Cancel after contract period ends: Internet-only plans from AT&T do not require contracts but TV and phone bundles often come with 2 years of contract terms. If you cancel service before the 1–2 year contract period, you’re on the hook for paying an “early termination fee.” Hence, try to cancel service after the 2 years.
- Request cancellation by phone or in-store: You can cancel AT&T in three ways; online, by phone via at&t internet cancellation number, and in-store. However, it is strongly suggested that you cancel your AT&T internet service in person since this is the most secure way to return equipment like your leased modem, gateway, receivers, etc, without incurring additional fees. If you are canceling your service via phone it is smart to say that since you are moving out of the USA hence you want to withdraw the internet service in this way no charges would be incurred.
However, it is best to go in-store to cancel your internet service, so that you can return the equipment in person with no charges whatsoever. Last and the most important thing is to check that you do not have any extra fees pop up. Please check your account the day after cancellation and again after the last date in your last month’s billing cycle to ensure that they are not the same date. Follow this especially when you complete your return online, by phone, and via mail rather than in person at the store.
But If you get surprised with any additional fees or with unexpected charges or bills after canceling, you can dispute the charges through AT&T directly by labeling “dispute charge” at their customer service line, which would put you through to an employee in their billing department. If he cannot solve the billing, it is recommended that you pay the bill to avoid going to collections, which may impact your credit.
- How to Manually Reset ONN TV
- 14 Best Free Live Wallpapers for Mac
- How Does EA Access Cancellation Work?
- How Much is Paramount Plus on Amazon Prime
So, we hope you have understood how much is ATT internet cancelation fee in detail. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.