We all have been through that heart-wrenching moment when we hoped the phone screen would not be cracked after it fell on the rock-hard floor. As cautious as we try to be, accidents like this are common. Fortunately, a cracked phone screen is not the end of the world, and there are quite a few ways to fix broken phone screen. Read along to find out about it as well as get to know how much does it cost to fix a cracked phone screen Android.
- How Much Does it Cost to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen on Android
- Can You Fix a Cracked Phone Screen?
- How Much Does it Cost to Fix a Crack Screen?
- Is it Worth it to Fix a Cracked Screen?
- Factors That Affect the Cost of Cracked Screen
- 1. Removing Screen by Yourself
- 2. Brand Oriented
- 3. Model and Company
- How to Fix Broken Phone Screen
- How to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen at Home
- How Long Does it Take to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen?
How Much Does it Cost to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen on Android
A broken phone screen can always be repaired but is always repairing an option? If the crack is negligible, then you might not even need to repair it but if the crack is highly visible and hampering the usability of your phone, then keep reading to find out how much does it cost to fix a cracked phone screen on Android.
Can You Fix a Cracked Phone Screen?
Yes, in most cases, a cracked phone screen is worth the repair only if it’s getting done at a lower price. If the repair requires you to pay a lump sum or a considerable amount, then it’s better to consider repairing a broken one to increase your device’s life by a few months, especially if it’s due for an upgrade.
How Much Does it Cost to Fix a Crack Screen?
Are you curious how much does it cost to fix a cracked phone screen android? To get it straight, it completely depends on the model or brand that you’re using. To some extent, it also depends on where you’re getting your broken phone screen fixed. The variety of price ranges on this is solely affected by multiple other factors too, but on average, repairing a cracked phone screen can cost from $50 – $600.
Is it Worth it to Fix a Cracked Screen?
It depends in most cases, on the size of the crack on the screen. It can be negligible if it’s a small crack, but that is the opposite. If the screen is horrendously broken, you might as change the phone screen.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Cracked Screen
It can depend on many factors that can affect the price of the repair of your cracked smartphone screen. Let us jump right into the elements.
1. Removing Screen by Yourself
Removing a broken phone screen glass on your own could be arduous, especially if you have no experience with electronics repair. Since it requires not just removing the phone battery but also wiring and rewiring various cable ribbons and some good command of electronics knowledge, getting it done by a professional is considered the best option, rather than making a mistake and destroying the phone completely.
It is much more than just removing a glass, as the top layer might look like panes of glass. However, it isn’t. It is much more than building a phone, it requires multiple layers, and that comes with extra cost, too. The top layer on mobile phones is formed from a combination of aluminum, silicon, and oxygen. This is to ensure the durability and quality of the phone screens.
Further, the second layer is air which is responsible for identifying the area of touch on the screen. Such screens or even older smartphone screens would require expert hands to work on. The fourth and final layer is another sheet of glass with a sticky substance to make it mount to the rest of the phone.
Safe to say, all of these procedures take a hefty amount of time and cost that would make sure to reflect itself while these broken layers are getting replaced.
2. Brand Oriented
It Is not unknown that most people are inclined toward branded stuff. Branded items, for sure, provide the stability of having things that are durable and trustworthy. So, it is an obvious and understandable reason why people prefer branded items more. This, in turn, affects the overall cost of fixing broken phone screen, since most people would prefer to get their cracked phone screens recovered from the stores or brand they had initially purchased the phone from. However, there are alternatives to this, and you can get it done for much a cheaper price from other smaller stores but getting it repaired from them might result in your phone having some issues such as poor adjustment, glitching of the phone screen, etc.
3. Model and Company
As time passes, every minute a new smartphone model is being developed and of course, the make of every electronic product is different. This is why it is essential to take the company of the model number into account, as the older the smartphone is, it gets harder to repair but it might cost a few bucks also. Obviously, the latest models will cost more due to the brand value. Models with the curved screen are more expensive to repair than those with flat screens.
There are other factors such as the type of display such as LCD, and OLED used, which contribute to the cost factor of repairing a broken phone screen also.
How to Fix Broken Phone Screen
No matter what, there are times when you might accidentally damage your phone screen. There could be multiple reasons why your screen might have cracked. Some of them are the obvious falling off the phone on a concrete surface, while others may include instances where you may have sat on your phone by mistake or it bumped into another hard surface. Depending on the severity of the damage caused to your phone, here are some ways to know how to fix broken phone screen on Android.
- Use super glue. It can seal small cracks but use as little as possible, and carefully wipe the excess adhesive with a cotton swab or cloth.
- Go to your mobile carrier as it could be an option to get your broken screen fixed. They could help to get you a discount for their customers. Professional and cheap, too, and there you have killed two birds with one stone.
- Go to local electronics repair shop. The cost will solely depend on the device’s model and the degree of damage caused to the device. You might also be able to bargain the cost while at it.
- Use warranty card if available. Another way to fix a broken phone screen is to take advantage of your phone warranty and get it fixed by the device’s manufacturer. This would be done for free, so you will get professional help without worrying about any charges.
- Trade your phone. You might consider trading your old phone for a new one if it’s due for an upgrade. That would be a much better option, especially if you’re unable to get your broken screen fixed at a cheaper price. Buying a new phone would be worth more than paying almost a similar price or half the price of a new phone just to fix a broken screen. A lot of websites do appreciate exchanges. There are electronics stores, too, that could get you a new phone with a lot lesser cost and an exchange offer.
Also Read: How to Fix Android Screen Won’t Rotate
How to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen at Home
There are a bunch of ways stated out there how to fix a cracked phone screen at home. Putting the smartphone in rice is not the logic we are heading for, though things that are easily available at your home can be a temporary solution to a cracked phone.
Here are some quick and effective ways that will tell you how to fix a cracked phone screen at home. Have a look at it.
- Try using nail lacquer. Using clear nail paint can be quite risky but it could fix some small cracks. And as it is a common accessory in most households, it can act as a quick fix.
- Try using an eraser. It is something that is available in almost every household. An eraser can buff out the cracks. Using an eraser will have more buffing power that might help to buff the cracks out.
- Use toothpaste to fill out small cracks on the screen. Yes, you have heard it right, toothpaste is often used to fill up things other than cavities. Not all toothpaste can fix the cracks as some do tend to make a huge mess on the screen.
As ridiculous as it sounds, some have worked and some have not. Besides, your cracked phone screen needs professional and proper help, and here’s why:
- You don’t want to ruin your already cracked screen further by experimenting with DIY tricks and tips rather than actually getting it repaired by someone who is an expert. Getting your hands on them may lead to the loss of the device’s warranty.
- Applying a liquid like nail paint can be hazardous to your device. A dry phone screen is gullible to damage when in contact with a liquid substance. This can lead to the damaging to the battery and other short circuits attached to the device.
The tech world is rich in information that you might want to use and fix all by yourself. However, it is very possible that you could be misled. If you’re not an expert, do not play with your electronic devices just by hoping it wouldn’t go wrong. Besides, discerning a reliable space for technical treatments could be a task, so it’s better to leave some things for the technical experts.
Also Read: Fix Android Screen Flickering
How Long Does it Take to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen?
If you repair your cracked or broken screen at any repair shop, you will be returned with a fixed smartphone screen. Book your appointments ahead of time; it will take about an hour or two to get the screen fixed.
- How to Restrict YouTube on Android
- How to Remove Safe Mode in Samsung Tablet
- Top 10 Ways to Fix Android Screen Goes Black During Calls
- Fix Android Screen Flickering
To conclude, you certainly don’t have to risk getting your cracked screen fixed all by yourself. With no expertise, you might ruin the condition of the already cracked phone screen further ruin screen. Now that you’re aware of how much does it cost to fix a cracked phone screen Android and how to fix a cracked phone screen at home. Feel free to ask questions and do not forget to add your suggestions in the comment section below.