Boosting servers on Discord has become an exciting way to increase server engagement and reward loyal community members. Whether you’re a server owner trying to attract boosters or a Discord user considering the benefits of boosting, it’s necessary to understand its duration. So, in this guide, we’ll determine how long a Discord server boost lasts, if not forever.
Table of Contents
How Long Does a Discord Server Boost Last?
Discord server boosting is a method to enhance audio and streaming quality, as well as increase the upload limit and emoji count on a single Discord guild. To boost your Discord community, you need to pay on a monthly basis. So, a guilds boost lasts for a month from the time of purchase. If you have a Nitro subscription, you will get two free server boosts with each monthly payment.
You can cancel your community boost at any time from your user settings. However, if you do so, you will lose the perks and benefits of boosting that server immediately. You will also lose your boosting badge and streak if you stop boosting any guilds.
What are the Levels of Discord Server Boosts?
Discord boosts are not just a one-time thing. As a Discord server owner or member, you can boost a community multiple times or join forces with other boosters, to unlock higher levels of perks and benefits. There are three levels of guild boosts, each requiring a certain number of boosts to reach:
- Level 1: Requires 2 boosts. Unlocks 50 extra emoji slots, 128 Kbps audio quality, 720p 60fps Go Live streams, custom server invite background, animated server icon, and 15 custom sticker slots.
- Level 2: Requires 7 boosts. Unlocks everything in Level 1 plus 50 more emoji slots, 256 Kbps audio quality, 1080p 60fps Go Live streams, server banner, 50 MB upload limit for all members (server only), 15 more custom sticker slots, custom role icons, and audience capacity for Stage Channels with Video/Go Live: 150.
- Level 3: Requires 14 boosts. Unlocks everything in Level 1 and Level 2 plus 100 more emoji slots, 384 Kbps audio quality, 100 MB upload limit for all members (server only), custom invite link, 30 + custom sticker slots, and audience capacity for Stage Channels with Video/Go Live: 300.
Also Read: What is Automatic Gain Control on Discord?
Does Discord Server Boost Last Forever?
No, the Discord boost does not last forever. It lasts as long as you keep paying for it or have an active Nitro subscription with free boosts. If you cancel your boost or subscription or fail to renew them manually, your boost will expire, and you will lose the perks and benefits of boosting that guild.
How to Boost Discord Server Work?
Discord community boosting is easy to do. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Open the Discord app on your PC.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Click o the desired server from the right pane.
3. Click on your server name from the top and select the Server Settings drop-down menu.
4. Click on Server Boost Status.
5. Now, click on Boost This Server.
6. Select the number of boosts you would like to purchase or use your free boosts if you have Nitro.
7. Confirm your payment method and enjoy your upgraded server!
How to Transfer Your Server Boost?
You can also transfer your boost to another guild if you change your mind or want to support a different community. To do so:
1. Navigate to the Server Boost menu in the BILLING SETTINGS section.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon present next to the desired boost you would like to transfer
3. Then, select Transfer Boost.
4. Select the desired server you would like to transfer the boost.
5. Review and select the Yes, Transfer Boost option.
Also Read: 28 Best Discord Game Bots
We hope this article has helped you understand how long a server boost lasts on Discord. Feel free to ask any questions about Discord in the comments below and suggest other interesting topics you’d like us to cover in future articles. Looking forward to seeing you in our next guide!