Whenever you have a query in your mind, you hop onto your favorite browser and use the Google search engine to get the desired results in no time. And Google makes this process a bit easy and quick for you by suggesting the previous searches you made. But those searches may not be useful for you every time you enter the same initial letters of your keyword. Besides, nowadays, it takes no effort for any living or non-living thing to irk humans for their own actions. And we know you are not one of them as you’ve found this perfect guide with your calm mind to get the solutions to stop Google suggesting previous searches. If you don’t know how do you stop google from showing your previous searches and turn off related to recent searches, we suggest you read this guide until the end, as you’ll also get to learn if there is any difference between Clear History and Delete history. Let’s not waste any time!
How Do You Stop Google from Showing Your Previous Searches
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how do you stop google from showing your previous searches in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Why is Google Showing Your Recent Searches?
Google shows you the recent searches you have made to personalize your search results based on your previous activity. It helps you get to the desired website or webpage quickly, resume the activity you may have left willingly or accidentally, and also helps you save time by not wasting it on the past searches you have already made.
How Do You Stop Google Suggesting Previous Searches?
You can stop Google from suggesting you the previous searches after entering similar initial words in the Google search bar. To do that, follow the upcoming steps:
2. Tap on the profile icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Tap on Personal results.
5. Turn off the toggle for Show personal results, as shown below.
Turning off the Show personal results feature will not see the new searches auto-filled based on your previous searches or search history. So, this way, you can turn off the suggestions on Google for searches.
How Do You Stop Google from Showing Your Previous Searches?
You can stop Google from showing your previous searches by turning off the Show personal results feature. Follow the steps mentioned above to do that exactly the same on your Google app.
How Do You Get Rid of Previous Searches?
Let’s see how you can get rid of previous searches on Google.
1. Launch the Google app and tap on the profile icon > Search history.
2A. Swipe down and tap on the cross icon (X) next to the desired search you want to delete from the stored history.
Note: It may take some time to reflect the recent searches you have just made on Google.
2B. You can also tap on Delete drop-down menu to delete specific searches within desired time range.
Why Can’t You Delete Recent Searches on Google?
Let’s see the reasons why you can’t delete your recent searches on Google:
- Unstable or no internet connection
- Disabled auto-delete feature
- Malware or antivirus preventing deletion of searches
- Outdated Google app for your Android or iOS phone
- Google server issues
Should You Clear Your Browsing History?
Yes, it is better to clear your browsing history on Google or any other browser. It helps to:
- Stops browser from misbehaving due to stored data
- Deletes your past browsing history for privacy
- Helps to run the browser application to perform better
- Avoids having personalized ads based on the browsing history
What’s the Difference between Clear History and Delete History?
Mostly clear history and delete history are similar and interchangeable terms used to remove the history from a device or account. Clear history is usually used for the deletion of the search history on the browser or app. And the delete history terms denote the activity to delete the general activity on a specific account or app. These terms have a subtle difference that can be used per the choice of the service that provides these features. Read this article from the start to learn how do you stop google from showing your previous searches.
Why Does Your Search History Show Things You Haven’t Searched?
This issue can be caused because of:
- Logged into a different account
- Stored browser advertisements and popups in search history
- Data breach on the said account
- Malware and phishing attacks
How Do You Turn Off Related to Recent Searches?
Below are the steps to turn off related to recent searches on the Google mobile app.
1. Open the Google app on your phone.
2. Tap on the profile icon > Settings.
3. Then, tap on Personal results.
4. Turn off the toggle for Show personal results.
Read this article from the beginning to understand how do you stop google from showing your previous searches.
Also Read: How to Turn Off SafeSearch on Google
How Do You Change Google Search Settings?
You can change the Google search settings on your PC browser with the help of the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Google website on your browser.
2. Click on Settings > Search settings from the bottom.
3. From here, you can switch to the Search results, Languages, and Appearance sections to change the associated settings as per your choice.
4. After making the desired changes, scroll down and click on Save to save those changes made.
- How to Delete Your Wish Account
- How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Instagram
- How Do I Delete History on Reddit App
- How to Delete File Explorer Search History
We hope that you learned about how do you stop google from showing your previous searches and turn off related to recent searches. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.