We heard you created an Xbox One guest account you no longer need. Do you want to say goodbye to your guest that overstayed their welcome and start fresh? We’ve got you covered with our guide on deleting a guest account on Xbox One. Let’s get started.
How Do You Delete a Guest Account on Xbox One
On Xbox, a temporary account can be made to let someone use the console’s functions without having their account and play games. Sometimes, friends or family drop by and create guest accounts on your Xbox One. But now that they are unused, with no further ado, it’s time to clean the accounts and organize your console again.
To delete the visitor or guest account on your Xbox One console:
1. In the Settings menu, select Account.
2. Slecet Manage Guests.
3. From the list of guest profiles, select the one you want to delete and press the menu button on the controller.
4. Select Remove from this console or a similar option.
What is a Guest Account?
A guest account on Xbox is a temporary account that allows someone who is not the main account holder to access the Xbox console and play games or use apps. Such accounts have limited functionality, such as no access to purchasing or downloading content, and are meant for short-term use. They can be convenient for when a friend or family member comes over and wants to play on the Xbox without creating a new account.
Also Read: How to Zoom In in Minecraft on Xbox One
Does Xbox One Have Guest Accounts?
Yes, the Xbox One has a guest account function that enables users to access the device as a transient friend without setting up a permanent Xbox account. When you have friends or family over, and they want to use your device for a brief while, the Xbox One’s visitor account function comes in handy.
Can I Get Rid of Guest Account?
Yes, you can get rid of the guest account. It is possible to delete a guest account from your Xbox One system. However, all information and progress related to the visitor account will be erased from the dashboard as soon as you approve deleting the guest account. So, before deleting the Account, it is crucial to back up any essential data that is stored.
To delete a guest account on Xbox One, follow these steps:
1. When you are logged in with the guest account, on your Xbox One controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
2. Navigate to the Profile & system tab.
3. Select Sign out. The guest account will be removed once you sign out.
Also Read: How Long does an Xbox One Last?
How Do I Find My Xbox Passkey
An Xbox passkey allows you to protect your console and restrict access to certain features or content. It acts as a password or PIN code that you need to enter whenever you or someone else tries to sign in to your Xbox account or perform specific actions on the console. This ensures that only authorized individuals can access your account, make purchases, or make changes to your console’s settings. You can find it out by following these steps:
1. Navigate to the Home screen by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Choose Profile & system from the help option.
3. From the menu options, select System and then choose Settings.
4. Select Account, followed by Sign-in, security & passkey.
5. You may be prompted to enter your account password for security verification. Enter your password and proceed.
6. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences and then choose Change my passkey.
7. Enter your credentials. Your Passkey will be displayed on the screen.
Also Read: How Do You Recover Your Old Xbox One Account
How To Remove Guest Key In XBOX Series S
The visitor account will no longer be accessible on your Xbox Series S device once you approve deactivating the guest key. The Account will also be forever deleted, along with any associated data and accomplishments. To delete a guest key from your Xbox Series S:
1. On the home page, select Settings followed by System.
2. Go to the Account restrictions.
3. Select the Remove guest key option.
4. Enter the guest key and it will be removed.
Recommended: How Can You Delete Your Xbox Account
That’s it for our guide on how do you delete a guest account on Xbox One. Let us know in the comments which games you like playing on the console. Also, let us know if you have any more queries.