Gaming consoles are the most popular gaming devices around the world, especially for gaming and are not suited for other tasks. Usually, almost every console available in the market provides at least one year warranty which can be extended for a few more years. If handled properly, they can last longer. If you want to know how long an Xbox One and any other gaming console last, this article will help you know about it. Keep reading to learn more!
How Long does an Xbox One Last?
The manufacturers of gaming consoles provide at least one year warranty on their gaming consoles so that if some hardware or software issue occurs with your gaming device after purchase, you can get it repaired from the manufacturer without any cost.
Xbox One S can last up to 6 to 8 years on average. Xbox One series gaming consoles are built in such a way that they can last for a very long time. But if the proper care is taken by the user who owns it, they can extend their life up to 10 years or more.
How Long Do Gaming Consoles Last?
On average, a gaming console can last up to 4 to 6 years, based on the usage and manufacturing of the console.
What is the Xbox One’s Lifespan?
Its life span is usually between 4 and 6 years but can not be decided by anyone. These series consoles are built to last forever. But the availability of games on that device will decrease after every 7 to 8 years due to the launch of the new series consoles. As a result, Xbox One’s lifespan is not more than 6 years.
The life span is more likely to depend on the user once it has been manufactured and sold. The lifespan will increase to 8 to 10 years, provided
- the user keeps their Xbox One in a place where there is enough room for air and ventilation,
- the device is protected from any dust, and
- the user focuses on the proper maintenance of the console.
Also Read: Is PS5 Cross-Platform with Xbox?
How Long will the Xbox One be Supported?
Xbox One will be supported till 2025, and the release of new software updates will be discontinued. Because of the software discontinuity, the Xbox One will no longer be able to support newer games, and hence, it will be of no use anymore.
How Long Can an Xbox One Stay on Before Overheating?
Overheating an Xbox One will occur when a game is played on the Xbox One continuously for more than one hour. Not all games will overheat your Xbox, but some games which require maximum use of the graphics card will definitely heat your Xbox One in one to two hours.
- If your Xbox One immediately overheats whenever you turn it on, there might be some hardware cooling issue.
- If there is not any hardware issue, you must take a break while playing games, and it will prevent your Xbox One not to overheat.
How Can I Make My Xbox One Last Longer? How to Make Xbox One Last Longer
To make Xbox One last longer, you can follow some of these techniques:
- You can keep your Xbox One in a clean and dry place with a well-ventilated area.
- Open up your Xbox One and clean the internal parts with compressed air and microfibre cloth every two months.
- If you upgrade your Hard drive to a Solid-State Drive (SSD); this will increase the speed and performance of your Xbox One.
- Keep the software of your Xbox One updated.
- Clean the Xbox game disc every time you use it; this will prevent Xbox’s optical drive to get damaged.
This is how by following these techniques you can make Xbox One last longer.
Also Read: How Long Do iPhone Chargers Last?
How Long is a Xbox One S Lifespan?
The Xbox One S’s lifespan is somewhere between 6 to 8 years. If handled with proper care, it can even last up to 10 years.
How Long does an Xbox One X Last?
An Xbox One X can last up to 6 to 8 years. With every console, it provides a yearly warranty.
Recommended: Can Xbox Series X Lay on Its Side?
We hope that this article has helped you to know how long does an Xbox One last and how to make it last longer than usual. Please share your valuable experience with us if you found this article helpful. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the article, please write to us in the comment section below.