When it debuted in 2008, Spotify completely changed how people listened to music. Over 80 million tracks, including over 4 million podcast episodes, are available for free discovery, management, and sharing. Even though Spotify is free to use, a few subscription options are available that provide you access to ad-free music streaming, unlimited skips, and offline streaming. Each program has a different cost, and some offer discounts as well. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you Spotify change plan process and Spotify account Family plan features. Also, you will get to learn about how to change Spotify plan in app and change Spotify account premium to free.
How Can You Change Your Spotify Plan
With 433 million users, including 188 million customers, across 183 regions, Spotify is currently the most widely used audio streaming subscription service in the world.
- If you have the necessary paperwork, you can use the Student plan, the Duo option with a friend or roommate, or the Family option for your entire home.
- If you want access to Spotify Premium exclusive music features, such as better sound quality and an on-demand, offline, and ad-free music listening experience. In that case, you must upgrade to the paid version.
- If you currently have a premium subscription and missed out on these deals, you may always alter your plan on the Spotify Account page.
Note: The service is accessible on the majority of devices, including computers running Windows, macOS, and Linux, iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, and smart home appliances like the Amazon Echo and Google Nest line of products.
Can You Change Your Spotify Subscription?
Yes, you can change your Spotify subscription. A few subscription options provide access to ad-free music streaming, unlimited skips, and offline streaming on Spotify. There are several options for the Spotify change plan process.
Can You Have 2 Spotify Accounts on the Same Email?
No, you cannot have two Spotify accounts on the same email. If you have a Gmail account, feel free to use the @googlemail.com variant to open a second account, as you won’t be able to do so with the same email address. The inbox for both email accounts will be the same.
Spotify has the new feature of Duo Plan. Couples who share a home with Spotify can now share a single subscription between two accounts. The Spotify Premium Duo plan is essentially a two-person family plan with the name changed to reflect the number of users. Two people can each have a separate account for $13/month, eliminating the need for the recommendation algorithm to mistakenly suggest music based on the preferences of the two users.
Can You Change Your Plan on Spotify?
Yes, you can change your Spotify plan. Some of the Spotify change plans allow you to access ad-free music streaming, unlimited skips, and offline streaming on Spotify.
How to Change Spotify Plan in App?
You cannot change Spotify plan in app. You will be redirected to the Spotify website if you need to change your plan. To alter your Spotify payment plan, you’ll need to use an Internet browser, although you may do it on a desktop or a mobile device.
By visiting the account settings section, you may modify your Spotify payment method. You can terminate your payment plan from your account settings page or apply for the Student or Family plans. Here are the steps for the Spotify change plan:
Note: From the date of your subsequent payment, your billing and account will transfer to the new plan.
1. Visit the Spotify page on a browser and LOG IN to your account using account credentials.
2. Click on the profile icon > Account.
3. Click on Change plan under the Your Plan section.
4. Scroll down and click on Select for the desired plan you want to change to.
5. Then, click on Change plan to switch to the desired new plan.
So, even if you can’t change Spotify plan in app but you can do it on your PC or mobile browser with the help of the steps mentioned in this section.
How Do You Downgrade Spotify?
Listeners now have many more options, even if Spotify is still one of the most popular music streaming services. Spotify Premium offers many advantages, including offline listening and no advertisements.
- However, you might consider a change if you’ve been using Spotify for a time.
- The same can be true if your free trial is about to expire, but you don’t want to renew.
Here’s how to downgrade Spotify:
1. Navigate to the Spotify website on your browser and LOG IN to your account.
2. Click on the profile icon.
3. Then, click on Account.
4. Click on Change plan > Cancel Premium to downgrade the account to a free account.
5. Lastly, click on Yes, cancel to finish the process.
Also Read: How to Cancel ATT Prepaid Plan
Why Can’t You Cancel Spotify Premium?
Below are the reasons why you can’t cancel Spotify Premium:
- None of the Spotify apps for iOS, Android, macOS, or Windows allow you to cancel your membership. Instead, you’ll need to use a web browser on your smartphone, tablet, or computer to access your Spotify account.
- While your Spotify account won’t be deleted, your paid membership will be canceled, and you’ll be downgraded to the free tier, which still allows for ad-supported music listening. All of your saved songs and playlists are also kept. You will still have access to your premium account until your next payment date, even if it is a few days or weeks away.
- If for some reason, you are unable to cancel your plan, it may be because you are receiving your subscription as part of a package from another business, such as an internet or mobile service provider, Apple, or both. You should contact the third party to terminate your paid subscription if this applies to you.
- You can leave the plan but not cancel the subscription if you’re a family plan member and not the plan manager. That is only possible for the plan’s owner to accomplish.
How Do You Change Your Spotify Account from Premium to Free?
You can change your Spotify account premium to free by following the below steps on the Spotify change plan:
1. Navigate to the Spotify website on your browser.
2. Then, LOG IN to your account and click on the profile icon.
3. Click on Account > Change plan.
4. Finally, click on Cancel Premium > Yes, cancel.
Also Read: How to Change Spotify Playlist Picture
Can You Change Your Spotify Account to a Family Plan?
Yes, you can change your Spotify account to a Family plan. It’s not hard to update your Spotify account to Family, but it’s not entirely apparent where you need to go to do it. The process to change to a Spotify account Family plan is similar when upgrading from Spotify Premium or free subscriber.
How Do You Switch from Spotify Premium to Family?
It’s not hard to update your Spotify account to Family, but it’s not entirely apparent where you need to go to do it. Every step must be completed in a web browser. The procedure for upgrading to Spotify Family is the same whether you are a current Spotify Premium or free subscriber:
1. Visit the Spotify webpage on a browser and LOG IN to your account using account credentials.
2. Click on the profile icon > Account > Change plan.
3. Scroll down and click on Select for the Spotify Premium Family plan.
4. Then, click on Change plan to switch to the Spotify Premium Family plan.
Note: You can send up to five invitations to your Spotify Family account; Family member can use their Spotify email addresses to join the Spotify Account.
How Do You Change Your Spotify Account to Family?
Here’s how to change your Spotify account to family premium plan:
Note: You must first sign in to your Spotify account on your browser to alter your family account.
1. Visit the Spotify webpage on a browser and LOG IN to your Spotify account.
2. Click on the profile icon.
3. Click on Account > Change plan.
4. Scroll down and click on Select for the Spotify Premium Family plan.
5. Lastly, click on Change plan to change to the Spotify Premium Family plan.
Will You Lose Your Music If You Switch Family Sharing Spotify?
No, you won’t lose your music if you switch Family Sharing Spotify. You’ll still have to use the same account when you go from Premium Individual, including Student or Duo, to Premium Family. You won’t ever lose your material, saved tracks, albums, following artists, subscribers, etc.
- How to See Recent Followers on Instagram
- How to Manage Hulu Account
- How Much Is It to Cancel Planet Fitness
- How to Clear Queue in Spotify?
We hope that this guide was helpful and you learned about the Spotify change plan process and Spotify account Family plan. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.