Being blocked on Messenger can be very frustrating, especially when you urgently need to communicate or clear up a misunderstanding. But you don’t need to worry, as there are other ways to get your message across! Keep reading this comprehensive tutorial to learn how you can message someone who blocked you on Messenger and understand what happens afterward.
How Can I Message Someone Who Blocked Me on Messenger
If someone has blocked you on Messenger, it means they don’t want to receive any messages or communications from you. Messaging someone who has blocked you is not appropriate and can be intrusive. However, if you have something urgent to convey to them, we can help you with some workarounds. Keep reading to learn more!
You can create a new FB account and communicate with that person. Read the steps below to learn how to do so:
1. Open the Facebook app on mobile.
2. Tap Create new account.
3. Enter name, date of birth, and gender.
4. Provide a mobile number or email for sign-up.
5. Create a password.
6. Set up the profile and log in to Messenger with the new FB account.
How to Know If Someone Blocked You on Messenger?
If you suspect that someone has blocked you on Messenger, look for the following signs:
Sign I: Profile Disappears from Chats
When you search for the person’s profile in chats using the Messenger search bar, their name might not appear in the search results.
Sign II: Unable to Call or Video Chat
If you attempt to initiate a call or video chat with the person, it won’t go through or you’ll receive a Did not answer message.
Sign III: Unable to Send Message
If you try to send a message to the person, you’ll notice that you cannot message them, and instead of a textbox, you’ll see a This person is unavailable on Messenger message.
How Can I Message Someone Who Blocked Me on Messenger?
While you cannot directly message someone who has blocked you on Messenger. Here are some of the options you can try out for yourself.
Method 1: Reach Out Through Other Platforms
If you have the person’s contact information or are connected on other social media platforms, you may try reaching out there to discuss the matter or inquire about the block. You can refer to our articles on How to Find Someone on All Social Networks for Free and How to Find Someone’s Social Media Accounts by a Phone Number to do so.
Method 2: Contact Mutual Friends
If you have mutual friends, you can take help from them to pass along a message to the person who blocked you. However, ensure that the message is polite and not intrusive.
Method 3: Create a New Facebook Account
You can begin by creating a new Facebook account to message someone who blocked your other account on Messenger. Follow these steps to learn how:
1. Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone.
2. Tap on Create new account.
3. Enter your name and tap on Next.
4. Choose your date of birth.
5. Select your gender.
6. Enter your mobile number or sign up with email address.
7. Create a password for your account and tap on Next to set up a new account to message someone who blocked you on Messenger.
8. Choose whether to save your login info or not.
9. Tap on I Agree to accept Facebook’s terms and policies.
10. Now, set up your account by adding a profile picture, friends and adjust your privacy settings.
11. Now, Log in to the Messenger app using the new account.
So, you can now send a message request to that person and address the blocking issue. Now, let’s learn what happens if you message someone who blocked you on Messenger.
What Happens If You Message Someone Who Blocked You on Messenger?
When you send a message to someone who has blocked you on Messenger, the message will not be delivered. Instead, you may observe one of the following scenarios:
- No Profile Picture or Info: When you visit the blocked person’s profile, you might notice that their profile picture and information are no longer visible to you.
- Unable to Start a New Chat: If you attempt to initiate a new conversation with the blocked person, the Messenger app may prevent you from doing so and you won’t see their name in the chat.
- Message Delivered But Not Read: Your message may still show as delivered, but the recipient won’t receive any notifications and won’t see the message content in their inbox.
- Grey Check Mark: If you message the person, you may see a grey check mark, indicating that your message has been sent but hasn’t yet been delivered to the recipient.
Also Read: Facebook Messenger: Grey Vs Blue Icons
How Can I See Messages from Someone I Blocked on Messenger?
If you have blocked someone on Messenger but later wish to review the messages they sent, you can easily do so by unblocking them. Read our guide on How to Unblock Someone on Facebook Messenger to do that without any hurdles.
Also Read: How to Fix Temporarily Blocked on Messenger
We expect this tutorial has helped you understand how you can message someone who blocked me on Messenger. With this knowledge, you can try our alternate methods to reach out to the person who restricted you on Messenger. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comments, and explore our website for additional guides!