WhatsApp is a well-known messenger app that enables users to interact with people all over the world via the internet. WhatsApp has become so ubiquitous today that it’s difficult to imagine life without it. In February 2009, WhatsApp was started by former Yahoo! employees Brian Acton and Jan Koum. It is used globally and almost everywhere as it is completely free for customers and easily used for business objectives. Knowing that your phone number must be verified before creating a WhatsApp account is common knowledge, but you should know that you can use a WhatsApp account without number. If you are wondering whether can I create WhatsApp account without phone number, keep reading until the end. You will indeed learn some ways you can use WhatsApp account without number.
Table of Contents
How Can I Create WhatsApp Account without Phone Number
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how can I create WhatsApp account without phone number in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
Will WhatsApp Work If I Remove SIM Card?
Yes, WhatsApp doesn’t require a SIM card to access your network provider details or anything of the sort. The only things needed are a number to associate your account with, only after verification, and an Internet connection, which can either be mobile internet or Wi-Fi. So as long as you have internet connectivity and your phone number is linked to WhatsApp, you can use the app to send and receive messages.
Note: If you have not activated the WhatsApp account on the phone app, you can’t access it on the phone without the SIM card as the verification process requires a SIM card to be inserted into the phone and be active.
Can I Login to WhatsApp without SIM Card in My Phone?
Yes and no. If you want to log in to your existing WhatsApp account without the connected SIM card, you will need to verify the phone number again. And it requires the SIM card to be inserted into the phone and remain active for the said verification.
However, you can do this only if:
- You access your WhatsApp account on the phone browser via WhatsApp Web.
- You have that SIM card inserted into another phone device and is active.
- You opt to use the virtual phone number which does not require the physical SIM card to be placed in any phone.
Also Read: Can a Deleted FB Account be Traced?
How to Use WhatsApp without SIM Card on Android?
You can use WhatsApp account without SIM card on Android phone with the help of the three methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Use WhatsApp Web on Other Android Phone
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS phone.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of your screen.
3. From the options, tap on Linked devices.
4. Tap on Link a device.
5. The Scan QR code camera scanner will open up automatically.
6. Now, navigate to the WhatsApp Web website from the browser on your other Android phone.
Note: We have used the Chrome browser for this demo.
7. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
8. Select the Desktop site checkbox from the options.
9. Now, from the opened WhatsApp on another phone, point the Scan QR code camera scanner on the QR code loaded on the other phone browser.
10. Your WhatsApp account will load on the other phone browser which does not have the respective SIM card.
Also Read: How to Recover Old WhatsApp Account without SIM Card
Method 2: Verify Number from Other Phone
If you have inserted and are using the associated WhatsApp phone number SIM card on another phone, you can easily enter the verification code sent to that phone number. On the phone you are trying to log in without the SIM card, you must enter that code to get access to the account. But make sure that the SIM card is active, no matter any phone it is on.
Method 3: Use Virtual Number
You can use a virtual number service, such as Google Voice, to get a phone number without a SIM card that also does not need to be inserted into your phone.
Step I: Create New Phone Number via Google Voice
Note: Google Voice is only available in selected countries.
1. Visit the Google Voice Official Website and Sign in with your Google account.
2. After signing in with your Google account, click on Continue.
3. Now, enter the desired city name or area code to select the number accordingly.
4. Then, click on Select next to the desired number.
5. Click on Verify.
6. Enter your existing phone number which you will like to get inbound calls from the selected Google Voice number.
7. Then, click on Send code.
8. Enter the received code and click on Verify.
Now, you have generated a separate virtual number that you can use without a phone. Now, let’s see the next step to learn how can I create WhatsApp account without phone number.
Also Read: How to Use Different Phone Number on WhatsApp
Step II: Register on WhatsApp using Google Voice Number
1. Install and launch the WhatsApp app.
2. Tap on Agree & Continue and enter the Google Voice number with the area code.
3. Then, tap on Done.
4. Now, enter the received verification code from your Google Voice account.
5. Lastly, enter your Name, Add your Profile Photo, and tap on Done to successfully activate your WhatsApp account.
- How to Add a Temporary Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to Hide Chat on Twitch
- How to Change WhatsApp Number without Notifying Contacts
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp Status from Specific Contacts
We hope that you learned about how can I create WhatsApp account without phone number. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.