Regarding instant messages, WhatsApp is the social media platform that comes to mind first. With this, you can send text messages, notes, photos, videos, and documents. You only need a phone number to start on WhatsApp, or you can recover old WhatsApp account without SIM card if you have one. Also, you can change WhatsApp number without old SIM by adding the new number to your account. So, if you are one of those who want to know how to get my old WhatsApp account back, this article is for you. Let’s get started with this article!
Table of Contents
- How to Recover Old WhatsApp Account without SIM Card
- Can I Access WhatsApp without SIM Card?
- How to Change WhatsApp Number without Old SIM?
- How to Get My Old WhatsApp Account Back? How Do I Get My Old WhatsApp Account Back?
- How to Recover WhatsApp Account on New Phone?
- How to Recover Old WhatsApp Account without SIM Card?
- How Do I Recover a WhatsApp Account If I Lost My Phone but My New Phone has a Different Number?
How to Recover Old WhatsApp Account without SIM Card
Keep reading further to find out if you can recover old WhatsApp account without SIM card in detail.
Can I Access WhatsApp without SIM Card?
No. If you created an account on WhatsApp with a SIM card, you have to verify that number again to access the account on a new or different phone. You must have the SIM card activated and present in the respective phone to access the account successfully.
How to Change WhatsApp Number without Old SIM?
Even if you don’t have your Old SIM activated or in the phone, you can change it to the new SIM card. But that new SIM should be in the phone and activated for verification.
Following are the steps to change WhatsApp number without old SIM card:
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS phone.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Settings from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on Account.
4. From here, tap on Change number.
5. Now, tap on Next to recover the current WhatsApp account with a new SIM card.
6. Enter your old phone number in the first field and your new phone number in the second field with the country code for each.
7. Then, tap on NEXT.
8. Turn on the toggle for the Notify contacts option to choose if you want to notify:
- All contacts
- Contacts I have chats with
Note: If you select Custom…, you’ll need to search for or select the desired contacts you want to notify and tap on the check mark icon. Your group chats will be notified when you change your phone number regardless of whether you choose to notify your contacts.
9. Tap on DONE.
10. Then, verify your new phone number by entering the 6-digit code you receive on it.
Read further to learn if you can recover old WhatsApp account without SIM card.
Also Read: How to Change WhatsApp Number without Notifying Contacts
How to Get My Old WhatsApp Account Back? How Do I Get My Old WhatsApp Account Back?
You can get your old WhatsApp account back after activating it on your phone. But for that, your old number must be active and on the same phone. You can read and follow our guide on How to Activate WhatsApp with Old Number to learn how to do that.
How to Recover WhatsApp Account on New Phone?
Read and follow the method mentioned above to recover your WhatsApp account on your new phone.
How to Recover Old WhatsApp Account without SIM Card?
You cannot recover your old WhatsApp account if you don’t have that old SIM card with you. You need that SIM card activated and on your phone to verify the number and activate the account once again.
How Do I Recover a WhatsApp Account If I Lost My Phone but My New Phone has a Different Number?
If you don’t have the old SIM card with you, you cannot recover the WhatsApp account associated with that number on your new phone. The old SIM card is required to reactivate the associated WhatsApp profile on any new device for verification purposes.
- What is Packet Loss in Valorant?
- How to Change TikTok Password without Phone Number
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp Status from Specific Contacts
- How to Reset Samsung Phone without Password
We hope that you learned how to recover old WhatsApp account without SIM card. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.