No one likes disturbance in the form of a technical problem when one is watching videos on YouTube. But technical issues can occur anytime. If you are facing you’re offline check your connection error on YouTube, you are on the right web page because, in this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot it.
How to Fix You’re Offline Check Your Connection Error on YouTube
In this article, we will tell you how to solve YouTube you’re offline problem. So, please keep reading to learn about the methods that will help you fix this issue.
Try troubleshooting your network connectivity by following the given steps below:
1. Switch to Wi-Fi network if cellular data connection is poor.
2. Disable VPN server.
3. Restart your Wi-Fi router to avoid any temporary bugs.
Why does YouTube say Offline Check Connection?
Several factors can be the reason for the discussed problem. We have provided you with the list of some common causes below:
- The issue can occur because of temporary glitches on your device.
- When the servers of the discussed application experience enormous traffic.
- YouTube needs the internet to function. Therefore, a slow or unstable internet connection might prevent you from accessing content.
- Another possible answer for why YouTube say offline check connection is VPN.
- The smartphone on which you are running the app is not updated.
- Using an outdated version of the discussed application can cause the discussed issue.
- The accumulation of cache and cookies over time may cause your internet connection to lag.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
Method 1: Turn Off Flight Mode
If you use mobile data on your smartphone and airplane mode is enabled on your device, the handset will not be able to connect to cellular networks. And because of this, you may experience you’re offline check your connection error on YouTube. Therefore, disable the airplane mode to fix the discussed problem.
1. First, launch Settings on your smartphone.
2. Now, tap on Connections.
3. Disable Flight mode.
Also Read: Why is HBO Max Not Working on My TV?
Method 2: Wait for YouTube Server Uptime
Another possible method is checking the servers for the YouTube app. You should wait for the app to go back online and use it after a while if the applications servers are down, experiencing traffic or have been shut down due to a technical issue. You can visit the Downdetector website to learn about the problems the app has had over the past 24 hours. If the Downdetector webpage shows User reports indicate no current problems at YouTube, you should perform the following method.
Method 3: Restart Smartphone
You can restart the smartphone as it can fix the temporary issues causing the problem. To restart your Android phone, all you need to do is:
1. Press the Volume down and Power buttons simultaneously.
2. Next, tap on Restart.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
You’re offline check your connection error on YouTube can occur because of a poor internet connection. So, you should fix the issues related to the internet.
Option I: For Mobile Data
Your mobile data can perform poorly because of several reasons. However, you need to fix the issues if you want to watch videos on the discussed application. To learn How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone read our guide.
Option II: For Wi-Fi
In case you use WiFi, you can power cycle the router by using the below-mentioned steps:
To power cycle your router, use the steps that we have provided below:
1. First, unplug the router cable from the power board socket.
2. Next, wait for around 30-40 seconds.
3. Reconnect the router cable to the socket board, then switch on the power source.
4. Next, look for the lights on the router and launch the YouTube application on an Android phone.
Also Read: 12 Fixes for YouTube Error 400 on Android
Method 5: Force Restart YouTube
The next possible method is force restarting the discussed application. For this, you need to force stop an app and then restart it. Follow the below steps:
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Next, tap on Apps.
3. After that, swipe down and tap on YouTube.
4. Here, tap on Force stop.
5. Now, tap on OK.
6. After that, launch the YouTube app.
Method 6: Disable VPN
VPN is another factor that may contribute to the discussed problem. When using YouTube on your Android phone, you need to turn off your VPN. You can turn off VPN by performing the steps that are given below:
1. First, tap on Settings.
2. Now, tap on Connections.
3. Next, scroll down and tap on More connection settings.
4. Here, tap on VPN.
5. Now, proceed as per the instructions shown on the phone screen.
Method 7: Update Firmware
You should update the firmware of your Android phone as it can fix the bug that are causing the discussed issue. So, perform the following steps to update the software of your smartphone:
1. Launch Settings on your smartphone.
2. Next, swipe down and tap on the Software update.
3. Next, tap on Download and install.
6. Here, tap on Download and wait until the update gets completed.
Method 8: Update YouTube App
Use the steps given below to update the YouTube application on your smartphone to solve YouTube you’re offline problem.
1. Open the app drawer and launch the Play Store.
2. In the search bar, type YouTube and tap on the same result.
3A. If a pending update is available for the discussed tool, tap on Update.
3B. If it shows Open, the concerned application is already updated. Therefore, move to the following method.
Method 9: Clear YouTube App Cache
Cache files can also be the reason for the discussed issue. Therefore, you need to remove the accumulated cache files of the concerned application. The steps that will guide you on how to clear cache files of YouTube are mentioned below. So, please keep reading to learn about it.
1. First, open the Settings application on your Android phone.
2. After that, swipe down and tap on Apps.
3. Now, swipe down and tap on YouTube.
4. Next, under App Info, tap on Storage.
5. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
- How to Install AI Software Like ChatGPT on Your PC
- How Often Does Snapchat Score Update?
- How to Go Frame by Frame on YouTube
- Is GAC Family on YouTube TV?
We hope this article was helpful, and now you know how to fix you’re offline check your connection error on YouTube. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comment section below. We would be happy to help you. You can also tell us which method worked for you. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.