You can play games, make video calls, send text messages, attend online classes and do many more things on smartphones. Since this gadget has become a part of our daily life, we must ensure that our device runs smoothly. But glitches and problems can occur at any time in technological devices. One such problem many users face is that Samsung phone keep restarting while charging. You are on the right page if you are also facing the same issue. Because in this guide, we will tell you what triggers it and how to fix Samsung phone keeps restarting. So, without further ado, let us get started!
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Samsung Phone Keeps Restarting
- Method 1: Enable Protect Battery Feature
- Method 2: Disable Auto Optimization
- Method 3: Turn Off Always on Display
- Method 4: Turn Off Fingerprint Reader
- Method 5: Update OS
- Method 6: Uninstall Apps in Safe Method
- Method 7: Wipe Cache Partition
- Method 8: Reset Network Settings
- Method 9: Factory Reset Device
- Method 10: Contact Customer Support
How to Fix Samsung Phone Keeps Restarting
Before we tell you what to do if Samsung phone keeps restarting, let us discuss in brief the reasons for Samsung phone keeps restarting while charging:
- Overcharging your phone battery.
- Auto optimization mode is turned on on your smartphone.
- The fingerprint reader keeps crashing.
- The always on Display feature keeps freezing.
- Due to third-party applications installed on your device.
- Outdated operating system.
- Corrupted cache partition.
- Corrupt network setting.
- Issues in the operating system.
Keep reading further to learn how to fix Samsung phone keeps restarting at night.
Method 1: Enable Protect Battery Feature
If the discussed problem occurs because of the overcharge, enable the protect battery mode to prevent a full charge. Enabling protect battery feature on your handset will limit the maximum charge to 85%. Thus, extending the lifespan of your device battery and resolving the discussed problem. The steps to perform it are given below:
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Next, tap on Battery and device care.
3. Now, tap on Battery.
4. Swipe down and tap on More battery settings.
5. Toggle on Protect battery.
Also Read: Fix Android Phone Keeps Restarting Randomly
Method 2: Disable Auto Optimization
Wondering what to do if Samsung phone keeps restarting? You can disable toggle off restart when needed to fix the problem. The steps to toggle off the auto restart are given below:
1. First, open the app drawer and tap on Settings.
2. Now, swipe down and tap on Battery and Device Care.
3. Tap on Auto optimisation.
4. Toggle off Restart when needed.
Method 3: Turn Off Always on Display
The always on display feature is helpful as you can see the date, time, and other important information without activating the display. But it can lead to Samsung phone keeps restarting at night issue. Therefore, you can turn it off by using the following steps:
1. Open the app drawer and tap on Settings.
2. Now, swipe down and tap on the Lock screen.
3. After that, under the Lock screen, toggle off Always on Display.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Samsung Tablet S6 Lite
Method 4: Turn Off Fingerprint Reader
The fingerprint reader on the handset is a sensor that can help you unlock a device and specific applications. If the fingerprint crashes in its operating stage, it can lead to the discussed problem. You can turn off the fingerprint feature to fix Samsung phone restarting. We have provided the steps that will help you in turning off the fingerprint reader:
1. Launch Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap on Security and privacy.
3. Swipe and tap on Biometrics.
4. Tap on Fingerprints.
5. Enter your current pin and tap on Done.
6. Finally, toggle off Fingerprint always on.
Also Read: Top 10 Ways to Fix Google Chrome Keeps Crashing on Android
Method 5: Update OS
One of the methods to fix Samsung phone keeps restarting while charging is to update the software. Updating your device will ensure that the bug that is causing the problem gets fixed. Use the steps listed below to perform the method:
1. First, tap on the Settings icon.
2. After that, tap on the Software update.
3. Next, tap on the Download and install option.
4. Tap on the Download.
Also Read: 9 Reasons why your smartphone battery is charging slowly
Method 6: Uninstall Apps in Safe Method
When an Android phone operates properly in Safe mode, the discussed problem is due to installed apps. Safe Mode is a built-in feature on every Android device. All additional features are turned off; only essential ones are used when Safe Mode is activated. Enable it and see if the issue is due to the installed application or the inbuilt app. If the phone functions properly in Safe mode, it is suggested to uninstall unverified apps from your handset. When you uninstall unverified third-party applications, your device will return to its normal functional state. Apart from this, it will free up space on your phone. The steps to uninstall apps in the safe mode are provided below:
1. Press the Volume down key and side key simultaneously.
2. Next, tap on Power off.
3. After that, turn on the device; when the Samsung Galaxy appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume down key.
4. Release the key once Safe mode displays in the lower left corner of the screen.
5. Now, check if the issue is resolved or not. If your phone functions properly, the problem is due to third-party applications. So, launch Settings.
6. Now, scroll down and tap on Apps.
7. After that, tap on the application.
8. Next, tap on Uninstall.
9. Finally, tap on OK.
10. Restart your phone to exit the Safe mode.
Method 7: Wipe Cache Partition
Another method to fix Samsung phone keeps restarting at night is to wipe cache partition. The steps to wipe the cache partition are provided below:
1. First, press the Volume down and Power keys simultaneously.
2. Tap on Power off.
3. Press the Volume down and Power keys simultaneously to enter Recovery mode.
4. Next, use the Volume button to navigate to the Recovery mode menu.
5. After that, choose Wipe Cache Partition with the Power button.
6. Now, wait till the process gets completed.
7. Reboot your phone into normal mode.
Also Read: Fix WhatsApp Keeps Crashing on Android
Method 8: Reset Network Settings
When the network settings on your device are corrupt, your device can restart on its own. The steps to perform this are listed below.
1. First, tap on the Settings icon.
2. Next, tap on General Management.
3. After that, scroll down and tap on Reset.
4. Tap on the Reset network settings.
5. After that, tap on the Reset settings.
Keep reading to learn what to do if Samsung phone keeps restarting.
Method 9: Factory Reset Device
Another possible solution to fix the discussed problem is to factory reset your smartphone. If you factory reset your smartphone, all the third-party apps, user data and associated application data will be removed from the handset.
Note: Before you proceed with a factory reset, ensure that the data on your smartphone is backed up. Moreover, charge your phone before you perform it.
1. Open the app drawer and tap on Settings.
2. Now, tap on General management.
3. Next, swipe down and tap on Reset.
4. Tap on Factory data reset.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to factory reset your smartphone.
6. After the reset, check whether the discussed issue is resolved.
Also Read: How to Reset Samsung Phone without Password
Method 10: Contact Customer Support
If the methods mentioned above have failed to fix Samsung phone keeps restarting while charging, contact the Samsung support page. You can also visit the Samsung smart cafe to resolve the problem.
- Fix This Application Made Too Many Requests Error
- How Do I See Siri History on iPhone
- How to Change Samsung Account Email
- How Do You Get Samsung Out of Retail Mode
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix Samsung phone keeps restarting. If you still have any questions, then feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know which method has worked for you and what you want to learn next.