Pokémon Go is one of the best reality games which can be downloaded in the Play Store for free. The game is famous among the Pokemon series fans and young people worldwide. Niantic developed the game. Inc, and ever since its launch, it has become a household name. Despite its success, many users have reported errors while playing game versions, including Pokemon error 29. Pokemon Go error 29 is an error that was received by many users while playing Pokemon gym battles. There are several methods to avoid the Pokemon Go error in gym battle such as starting over in the game. Let us dive into the methods to fix the error.
- How to Fix Pokemon Error 29 in Windows 10
- Method 1: Keep Batelling Next Pokemon
- Method 2: Try Different Gym
- Method 3: Go Outside Gym Battle Range
- Method 4: Avoid Spinning Photo Disk
- Method 5: Change Pokemon Line-up
- Method 6: Wait Around For 45 Minutes
- Method 7: Update Pokemon Go App
- Method 8: Reinstall Pokemon Go App
How to Fix Pokemon Error 29 in Windows 10
There could be various reasons for Pokemon error 29; some possible reasons are listed below.
- Pokemon Go algorithm
- Pokemon Go registry problems
- Pokemon Go line-up
- An outdated version of the game
- Errors due to app installation
The following guide will give you methods to resolve Pokemon Go gym battle error 29.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The following methods are from the Moto G60 smartphone.
Method 1: Keep Batelling Next Pokemon
If you receive the Pokemon error 29 while attempting to quit a gym battle after battling with a Pokemon, you can try to avoid this error by continuing battling with the next Pokemon. Many users found that once they defeated the gym’s first Pokemon and decided to rejoin the battle later, they met with error 29. If you continue to the next Pokemon battle in the gym, likely, you will not receive the same error.
Method 2: Try Different Gym
Many users who encountered Pokemon Go error gym battle, such as Pokemon Go error 29 while attempting a gym battle in Pokemon Go, could resolve this error by simply changing the gym. You can follow the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Quit the gym where you received the Pokemon error 29.
2. Locate a different gym in your area.
3. Battle in the new different gym.
4. Move back to the old gym and rejoin the battle.
Method 3: Go Outside Gym Battle Range
Often this error occurs due to issues with the Pokemon Go algorithm and the game registry. Most users could resolve the error by simply going outside the gym battle range. However, you can try to resolve this error by following these steps.
1. Move out of the current gym.
2. Step outside the gym battle range.
3. Let the other players finish their battles.
4. Finally, rejoin the gym.
Method 4: Avoid Spinning Photo Disk
Photo Disks are an important component of the Pokemon Go game. The Photo Disks help players collect rewards and points. However, many users pointed out that spinning Photo Disks was causing errors in their game. Spinning Photo Disk on Pokemon Go can even cause Pokemon error 29 while entering or exiting a gym battle. To avoid these errors in the future, just avoid spinning the Photo Disks.
Method 5: Change Pokemon Line-up
If you are having this error during a gym battle, you can try to avoid this by changing the Pokemon line-up. In addition, you can follow the following important instructions to best use this method.
1. Change the entire Pokemon line-up in your Pokemon Go game.
2. Even if you don’t use a particular Pokemon during the battle, the line-up should be changed.
Method 6: Wait Around For 45 Minutes
One of the most effective methods to avoid the Pokemon Go error 29 is to exit the gym and wait for a while. A good 45 minutes wait should be enough to rejoin the gym without having the same error because the time-out period for a gym battle is 45 minutes. Meanwhile, you can roam around and try to catch a few new Pokemons.
Method 7: Update Pokemon Go App
An outdated application error can cause the issue. To resolve this issue effectively, you can try to update the Pokemon Go app on your phone. You can follow the following simple steps to update the app.
1. Exit and close the Pokemon Go app.
2. Locate and open the Google Play Store on your phone.
3. In the Search bar, type Pokemon Go.
4. Select the Update option.
5. Wait for the App to finish installing the update.
6. Re-open Pokémon Go and check if Pokemon error 29 has been resolved.
Also Read: How to Change Location in Pokémon Go?
Method 8: Reinstall Pokemon Go App
If none of those above-mentioned methods works, and you continue to receive the same error, you can try to reinstall the Pokemon Go app on your phone. You can follow these simple steps to reinstall the Pokemon Go app on your phone safely.
1. Locate and hold the Pokemon Go app icon.
2. Drag the app icon to the Uninstall button.
3. Wait for the uninstallation to finish.
4. Now, open Google Play Store.
5. In the Search Bar type, Pokemon Go.
6. Select the Install button and wait for the installation to finish.
7. Open the game and log in with your credentials.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is Pokemon Go not working properly?
Ans. There can be many reasons for the Pokemon Go app not to work properly on your Phone. You can try to update the current version of the app.
Q2. Why can’t I enter a gym battle in Pokemon Go?
Ans. The error 29 can be why you are unable to enter a gym battle. However, you can wait 45 minutes to rejoin the gym battle again.
Q3. How to fix error 29 on Pokemon Go?
Ans. There are a few methods to fix the error 29 issue. First, you can resolve this issue by trying a different gym before returning to the current gym.
- Fix DS4 Windows Could Not Open in Windows 10
- How to Hack Any Game on Android
- Fix Pokémon Go Error 26 on Android
- Fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working on Android
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to resolve Pokemon error 29 issues on your phone. Comment down and let us know which method worked for you. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share them with us.