Netflix is a popular video streaming app where you can watch TV shows, movies, documentaries, and web series. This subscription-based streaming service can be downloaded on Android, iOS, and Windows. Virgin Media is one of the famous service providers in the UK. Recently, many Virgin media users have complained Netflix not working on Virgin Media. If Netflix is not working on Virgin, you have to check whether the network connection is working well or not. Netflix not connecting to Virgin Media issue can be fixed by troubleshooting a few browser glitches. In addition, there are so many related fixes discussed in this guide to resolve Netflix is not connecting to Virgin Media problem on your device.
- How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Virgin Media
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Method 2: Flush DNS Cache
- Method 3: Troubleshoot Network Connection
- Method 4: Verify Netflix Server Status
- Method 5: Switch to VPN servers or Change Location
- Method 6: Force Stop & Relaunch Netflix
- Method 7: Re-login to Netflix Again
- Method 8: Use Private Browsing
- Method 9: Clear Web Browser Cache
- Method 10: Disable Browser Extensions
- Method 11: Restart Essential Windows Services
- Method 12: Clear Netflix Cookies
- Method 13: Update Netflix App
- Method 14: Rollback Recent Windows Updates
- Method 15: Reset Netflix App
- Method 16: Reinstall Netflix App
- Method 17: Reinstall Web Browser
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Virgin Media
Here are some reasons that cause Netflix is not working on Virgin. Analyze them deeply so that you can troubleshoot the problem so easily.
- Network connectivity issues
- Poor network signal
- Internet interference
- Incorrect network settings
- Bad network cable
- Incompatible browser extensions
- ISP services are limited
- VPN/Proxy server interference
In this section, we have compiled a list of troubleshooting methods that will help you fix Netflix is not working on Virgin. Follow them in the same order to attain the best results in Windows 10 PC.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Some of the basic methods to solve the said problem are given below;
1A. Restart PC
First and foremost, you can troubleshoot Netflix is not connecting to Virgin Media by restarting your computer. This will resolve all the temporary glitches associated with the browser and application.
1B. Refresh Page
As suggested by Netflix, reloading Netflix pages will resolve the browser conflicts and Netflix not connecting to Virgin Media ISSUE as well. Also, check if there are any server issues and if you use the latest version of Netflix.
1C. Connect to Different Network
If you have connected to a public network, your administrator might have disabled a few sites and applications. In this case, connect to a different network if possible and check if you have fixed the issue.
1D. Increase Signal Strength
You can increase the Wi-Fi signal strength by moving yourself toward the router and removing the obstacles (wireless phones, microwaves, etc) that interfere with the network.
1E. Switch to Another Browser
If there are browser-related issues in your Windows 10 PC, you could resolve the same by simply switching to other browsers. By doing so, you can identify whether the problem is associated with the app or the browser.
1F. Switch to Wired Connection
If you are using a Wi-Fi signal, connect your Windows PC and router using an Ethernet cable. Then, play Netflix and check if the problem persists.
1G. Update Windows
Also, if there are any bugs in your PC, they can only be fixed after a Windows update. Microsoft releases regular updates to fix all these bugs thereby fixing Netflix not working on Virgin Media issue.
Hence, ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if there are any updates pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can access Netflix without any issues.
1H. Update WLAN Driver
Device drivers establish a connection link between the hardware and the Operating System of your computer. Also, faulty or corrupt drivers lead to the discussed issue. Many users have reported that updating WLAN drivers have helped them fix the problem. You are advised to update WLAN drivers to improve the reliability of your network adapters, fix compatibility issues, and resolve the discussed issue. Follow our guide on How to Update Network Adapter Drivers on Windows 10 to do so.
1I. Reinstall WLAN Driver
Incompatible drivers must be reinstalled to fix the discussed Microsoft problem. You are advised to reinstall device drivers only if you cannot attain any fix by updating them. Steps to reinstall drivers are very easy and you can do so by using a third-party application or manually. Follow our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10 to reinstall drivers in your Windows 10 computer.
After reinstalling network drivers, check if you have fixed the discussed issue.
1J. Roll Back WLAN Drivers
When you roll back your drivers, all the current versions of the hardware device will be uninstalled and previously installed drivers will be installed on your PC. This feature will be very helpful when any new driver update does not work well with your computer. Follow the steps as instructed in our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10 to fix the problem.
After your Windows 10 computer has installed the previous version of drivers, check if you have fixed Netflix not working on Virgin Media issue or not.
1K. Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Your antivirus program may mistakenly prevent any new latest updates from being installed on your PC. Many compatibility issues are identified by several Windows users that are difficult to tolerate and rectify. Antivirus software like Norton and Avast may prevent any latest Netflix updates that fix the issue and you are advised to disable any inbuilt or third-party antivirus software temporarily to resolve the same. Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
After fixing the problem on your Windows 10 PC, make sure to re-enable the antivirus program since a system without a security suite is always a threat.
1L. Disable Windows Firewall (Not Recommended)
Sometimes, Windows Defender Firewall in your computer might prevent Netflix access, for some security reasons. If in case, the apps have been blocked by Windows Defender Firewall, you have to enable it or disable the Firewall securities temporarily from your computer. If you do not know how to disable Windows Defender Firewall, our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall will help you do so. You can also allow the app by following our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall
Method 2: Flush DNS Cache
To fix Netflix is not working on Virgin on your website, you can flush the DNS or Domain Name System cache of the Wi-Fi network. With reference to the answer to the question of how to fix Netflix is not connecting to Virgin Media, it is necessary to have an uninterrupted Internet Connection. You can implement the steps provided in the link given here to flush the DNS cache of your Network connection on your PC.
Also Read: Fix Error Code u7121 3202 in Netflix
Method 3: Troubleshoot Network Connection
The next method to fix Netflix not working on Virgin Media issue is to fix network connectivity problems in your PC. The glitch in the Internet Connection can be fixed by resetting the Wi-Fi Router. Read our guide to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10.
Method 4: Verify Netflix Server Status
You need to check the Netflix server status to ensure there are no technical reasons from the server itself. There have been times when the servers of the application are down which results in various unexpected errors on the Netflix users’ screens. So, check for the servers and if they are working fine, move on to the next method given below.
Method 5: Switch to VPN servers or Change Location
If you notice Netflix is not working on Virgin issue pops up after switching to a new location, you must check if your location is geographically restricted or not. Make a note that Netflix may be limited to certain areas and locations. To fix these location problems, you can try using a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
Using a VPN network will hide your geographic details and enables you to send and receive data packets across public networks. Thus, you may use your network anonymously while hiding your network identity. If you are confused about how to select an apt VPN network, have a look at our guide, What is a VPN and how it works?
Method 6: Force Stop & Relaunch Netflix
Netflix is not working on Virgin can be extremely annoying when you want to watch your favorite show eagerly. In such a situation, you can try to force stopping the application and then relaunch it to settle the error. For browser users, you can simply try closing the tab on which you are viewing Netflix and then run it again on a new tab in the browser.
Also Read: Fix Unexpected Error on Netflix
Method 7: Re-login to Netflix Again
Signing out of the Netflix account will clear any problems in your account and credentials. Wait for some time, log in to your account again as instructed.
1. In the top right corner of the Netflix screen, click on Sign Out as shown.
2. Once you have signed out of your Netflix account, wait for 30 seconds or reboot your computer. Then, click on Sign In as shown.
3. Type your credentials and check if you face Netflix not working on Virgin Media issue again.
Method 8: Use Private Browsing
Now, check if you face the problem again.
Method 9: Clear Web Browser Cache
The cached data on your web browser can hinder the usage of Netflix on the app. You can follow the instructions on the link given to clear the cache on the web browser to fix the issue.
Method 10: Disable Browser Extensions
If you have numerous web extensions like Ad-blockers on the browser, you may face Netflix not working on Virgin Media issue. You can try disabling them on the browser to fix the error.
1. Hit the Windows key, search for the Google Chrome app, and hit the Enter key.
2. Click on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner. Click on the More tools option and click on the Extensions option in the adjacent menu.
3. Toggle off the web extensions to disable them.
Also Read: How to Perform Chrome Openload Fix
Method 11: Restart Essential Windows Services
Some essential Windows services like Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer services must be enabled on your computer to avoid Netflix is not working on Virgin issue. The Background Intelligent Transfer services use available bandwidth to install any latest updates so that your computer installs any update only if there is no other installation in progress. If these services are disabled in your system, you are more likely to face the discussed error. Hence, restart essential Windows services as instructed below.
1. Type Services in the search menu and click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, scroll down and double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. Now, select the Startup type to Automatic, as depicted.
Note: If the Service status is Stopped, then click on the Start button. If the Service status is Running, click on Stop and Start it again.
4. Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
5. Repeat all these steps for other Windows services like Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and Windows Update Services.
Method 12: Clear Netflix Cookies
Clearing the cache and cookies of Netflix can fix Netflix not working on Virgin Media and issues in Netflix stored data. Follow the steps listed below to do so.
1. Navigate to Netflix clear cookies page. After going to the page, all the cookies will be cleared from the site.
2. Now, click on Sign In and login with your credentials.
Also Read: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7111-1101
Method 13: Update Netflix App
Sometimes, Netflix is not connecting to Virgin Media issue on Netflix can also occur due to the outdated version of the app. Netflix releases updates for the app from time to time and it is necessary for users to keep up with the app updates to avoid errors. Usually, users get to know about the available updates regularly but in case you have missed one, it is time that you check for an update and manually install it. Windows users can easily attempt this method by checking for the latest version with the help of the Microsoft Store. Follow the given steps to update Netflix app.
1. Press the Windows key, type Microsoft Store, then click on Open.
2. Click on Library.
3. Click on Get updates at the top right corner.
Your updates will automatically start and once they are complete, try to run Netflix app on your PC to check if Netflix not connecting to Virgin Media issue is fixed.
Method 14: Rollback Recent Windows Updates
Even if you have updated your Windows 10 to the latest version. Sometimes bugs and errors in the latest Windows version cause Netflix app errors. To resolve this issue you can try to roll back your latest Windows app. This will install the previous Windows 10 version on your computer. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Launch the Windows Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security setting.
3. From the left-side panel, navigate to the Recovery menu.
4. Locate Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 and click on Get started.
5. Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.
Also Read: 5 Netflix Proxy Detected Error Fix
Method 15: Reset Netflix App
If updating Netflix did not help in resolving Netflix not working on Virgin Media issue then resetting Netflix app can fix the issue. Netflix, like other apps, contains cache that has temporary files. These temporary cache files can become corrupt over time and eventually result in Netflix is not working on Virgin issue. Therefore, to make sure this is not the case, reset the Netflix app using the steps that are given below:
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open the Settings.
2. Click on Apps setting.
3. In the Apps & feature window locate and click on the Netflix app.
4. Then, click on the Advanced options.
5. Scroll down and click on Reset.
6. Wait for the process to finish and restart your computer.
Method 16: Reinstall Netflix App
If none of the previous methods works, and the issues in Netflix stored data have still not been resolved. You can try to uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Netflix in the Windows Search bar.
2. From the right-side panel, locate and click on Uninstall.
3. Confirm the prompt by clicking on Uninstall button.
4. Wait for the uninstallation process to finish.
5. Once the uninstallation process has finished, launch the Microsoft Store app.
6. In the Microsoft Store, search for Netflix.
7. Click on the Get button to install the Netflix app on your device.
Wait for the installation to finish.
Method 17: Reinstall Web Browser
If none of the above steps fix the said Netflix not working on Virgin Media. Then you can reinstall your web browser to solve the problem.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by: Category, then click on Uninstall a program under Programs menu as shown.
3. Select Mozilla Firefox from the list and click on Uninstall as shown.
4. Click on Yes on User Account Control prompt.
5. Click on Next > button in Mozilla Firefox Uninstall wizard.
6. Click on Uninstall.
7. Click Finish to close the window.
8. Press Windows key, type %localappdata% and click on Open to go to AppData Local folder.
9. Right-click on Mozilla folder and select delete.
10. Press the Windows key again, type %appdata% and click on Open to go to AppData Roaming folder.
11. Repeat Step 9 to delete the Mozilla folder.
12. Finally, restart your PC.
13. Download Mozilla Firefox from the official website.
14. Run Firefox Installer from Downloads folder and install the browser on your computer.
- How to Send Anonymous Email for Free
- How to Update Disney Plus Account
- Fix Netflix Error 70371101 in Windows 10
- Fix Netflix This Title is Not Available to Watch Instantly Error
We hope the guide was useful and you were able to fix Netflix not working on Virgin Media on your Windows 10 device. Keep visiting our page for more cool tips & tricks and leave your comments below. Let us know what you want to learn about next.