LinkedIn is a dream place on the internet for professionals. It is one of the largest communication sites for the working class all over the world. It is a great platform to find a job, internship, and employees, and to connect & strengthen professional relations over the internet. Millions -of users around the world use LinkedIn religiously to create their network. The app was founded in 2002 and since then has been a great guiding path for someone looking for a job and even for people who like to showcase their professional resume to others. Even though there are so many pros of LinkedIn, people tend to face some issues while operating the application online. One of the issues that are commonly encountered by users is LinkedIn app not showing images. If you are someone facing the same error, then you have landed on the right page. We have a perfect guide for you today that will take you through different methods that can help you with LinkedIn not showing profile pictures. You will also explore the reasons that lead to the LinkedIn app not viewing images. So, if you are fed up with this persistent LinkedIn does not load images issue, then be with us till the end of the guide to know all about it.
- How to Fix LinkedIn App Not Showing Images
- Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
- Method 2: Update LinkedIn App
- Method 3: Clear Browser Cookies and Cache
- Method 4: Tweak Privacy Settings
- Method 5: Update Browser
- Method 6: Disable Extensions and Pop-Up Blockers
- Method 7: Reinstall LinkedIn App
- Method 8: Use Post Inspector
How to Fix LinkedIn App Not Showing Images
LinkedIn is an easy-to-use app that tends to work smoothly on several browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari on a PC and on Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Android on mobile phones. If you happen to face an issue where you are not able to see or load images on LinkedIn, it can occur due to a number of reasons that are listed below:
- You must check your internet connection as it can be a common reason that stops images from being loaded.
- Stored browser cache and cookies are one of many reasons that is known to cause the image issue on LinkedIn.
- Another reason can be an outdated version of the browser that tends to interfere with various features of the LinkedIn app.
- The next possible reason behind the LinkedIn app not viewing images are extensions and pop-up blockers.
- You must also check if the LinkedIn version is old, if so, it can also be a reason why you are not able to see profile pictures on the platform.
Let us now have a look at some of the possible solutions that can resolve the above-mentioned cause of the image not loading issue on LinkedIn.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Before starting with other methods, you must first check your internet connection as weak or no network connectivity can be the primary reason to lead to profile picture not showing up issue. If you are unable to connect to a network or are facing low connectivity issues, you can read our guide on troubleshoot network connectivity problems and resolve all possible problems that are hindering LinkedIn from working.
Method 2: Update LinkedIn App
It is also possible that LinkedIn app not showing images has occurred due to an outdated version of the application which is not compatible with your system and is causing issues with images & other features of the app. If so, try updating LinkedIn on your system using the steps given below to fix LinkedIn app not showing images issue.
Note: The following steps have been performed on an Android phone (Vivo 1920).
1. Open the Play Store application on your device.
2. Now, type in LinkedIn in the search bar to open the app.
3. Now, tap on Update to download the latest version available.
Note: You can only see uninstall and open options if it was already up to date. In that case, reinstall the app
Also Read: How to Delete Indeed Account Permanently
Method 3: Clear Browser Cookies and Cache
Every browser store cookie and caches that can become corrupt with time. The browser you are using may have kept an outdated version of LinkedIn or a page that you are trying to visit leading to LinkedIn does not load images issue. If so, you must clear browser cookies and cache right away, and perform the same on Google Chrome, check our guide on How to Clear Cache and Cookies in Google Chrome right away.
Method 4: Tweak Privacy Settings
The possibility that you might have set privacy settings of your LinkedIn account to no one that stops you from viewing the profile picture of other users, is high. Therefore, it is important to change these settings which you can do with the help of the following steps and fix LinkedIn app not showing images problem.
1. Click on the Me icon at the top of the home screen of your LinkedIn account.
2. Now, select Settings & Privacy from the drop-down menu.
3. Next, in the Account preferences option, click on Showing profile photos.
4. Now, make sure to select an option other than No one to make profile pictures of other users visible to you.
Also Read: Fix No Data Available on Facebook Likes
Note: Here, the Google Chrome browser is shown as an example.
Method 5: Update Browser
It is also important that you use a supported browser to enjoy an uninterrupted LinkedIn experience. To make sure of this, you must run LinkedIn on an updated version of the browser. You can also try switching to a different browser altogether to avoid any inconvenience while using the platform like LinkedIn app not showing images. On a PC, it is quite easy to update applications. Follow the steps below to update your web browser.
1. Launch the Google Chrome web browser.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon to expand Settings menu.
3. You can see the Nearly up to date message in the About Chrome section if chrome is updated and click on the Relaunch button.
Note: If there is an update available, you will be prompted to update Chrome.
Method 6: Disable Extensions and Pop-Up Blockers
LinkedIn not showing profile pictures issue can also arise due to enabled extensions and pop-up blockers in your browser. These extensions and pop-up blockers work by blocking certain scripts on the website when you browse. These can sometimes cause issues with some features of the apps that you run on a browser. The same happens in the case of LinkedIn where these utilities make it impossible to load images on the platform. Follow the steps below to disable these utilities on the Chrome browser:
1. Open Google Chrome and click on three vertical dots to open More Tools and then Extensions.
2. Turn off the toggle for the web extensions you are using for your Google Chrome app.
Note: If the web extension is not essential, you can delete them by clicking on the Remove button.
Method 7: Reinstall LinkedIn App
Lastly, try reinstalling LinkedIn app to solve LinkedIn app not showing images issue as shown below.
1. Launch the Google Play Store app and go to LinkedIn app.
2. Now, click on Uninstall and Wait till the process ends.
3. Now, tap on Install to download the latest version available.
4. Once done, login to your LinkedIn account in the app and check if LinkedIn not showing profile pictures issue has been resolved.
Also Read: How to Send Anonymous Email for Free
Method 8: Use Post Inspector
At last, you can take the help of LinkedIn’s in-built feature, Post Inspector to resolve LinkedIn does not load images issue. This tool helps you to update the data on your content, debug various issues, and more. It is very simple to use this utility, all you have to do is paste the URL and scroll down to Debug issues to check what is wrong.
In case LinkedIn app not showing images that you have uploaded; you may be using the wrong format and image size.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why am I unable to load images on LinkedIn?
Ans. One of the possible reasons why you are unable to load images on LinkedIn is that the image might not be on the same domain as the page that you are viewing.
Q2. Why am I unable to add a photo to a post?
Ans. When it comes to LinkedIn photos in posts, certain policies need to be followed. If you are using a personal logo or image that is related to your company, you will not be able to upload it.
Q3. Why my LinkedIn picture is not showing?
Ans. If your LinkedIn picture is not showing, it might be due to the visibility privacy settings. You might have enabled 1st-degree connections only option in the visibility section of your account.
Q4. How can I clear the cache on LinkedIn?
Ans. You can easily clear the cache on LinkedIn using the Post Inspector built-in tool.
Q5. How can I refresh my LinkedIn app?
Ans. To refresh the LinkedIn app, you can simply update the application on your mobile device.
- Fix Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling Error
- Fix Skype Does Not Ring on Incoming Calls
- How to Put Multiple Pictures in One Post on Instagram
- How to Find Someone on LinkedIn by Email Address
We hope that our guide on LinkedIn app not showing images helped you out with all your queries regarding this recurring issue and was able to resolve it with the methods given above. If you happen to have any other issues, queries, or suggestions too, please leave them in the comments section below.