LG is a brand that is known for home appliances, especially televisions. Few people know that LG also makes smartphones and they are responsible for it. In 2015 the South Korean electronics legend launched a new smartphone series with LG V10. This specific smartphone along with the LG G4 has some issues that are serious and the most common issue is the LG V10 Bootloop. In this article, you will come through the reasons that cause the trouble along with the troubleshooting steps to fix LG v10 Bootloop problem.
- How to Fix LG V10 Bootloop Problem
- Method 1: Discharge Capacitors
- Method 2: Reinsert Micro SD Card
- Method 3: Troubleshoot Device Overheating
- Method 4: Perform Soft Reset
- Method 5: Boot Up in Safe Mode
- Method 6: Uninstall Apps
- Method 7: Update Android OS
- Method 8: Update Apps
- Method 9: Perform Master Reset
- Method 10: Reinstall Heat Sink
How to Fix LG V10 Bootloop Problem
Although LG is offering fixes and replacements for affected devices, many issues still bother hundreds of users. There are mainly two types of issues that can cause LG V10 stuck in Bootloop. It can be completely software related or it can be related to damaged hardware parts.
1. Software Issues
Even though the company blames hardware issues for LG V10 Bootloop problem, this issue may also arise due to some particular software glitches. There may be multiple reasons for this, here are some of them.
- Rooting an Android device always shows with a warning since it can damage the device and is not safe in many ways. You may face the boot loop issue if you tried rooting your device.
- Some deep changes in the settings of your device may cause this issue, this includes flashing a new ROM or installing a new firmware that is not compatible with your device.
- You may face this issue if your updated Android version has some glitch that makes the mobile unable to communicate with the system during the boot.
- It is always recommended to download an application from a verified source but some users neglect the warning, a corrupt file or app from an unverified source can cause this error which prevents the device to boot properly.
- Bootloop could also be the outcome of altering the internal settings of your phone.
2. Hardware issues
- LG admitted that the Bootloop issue was caused by faulty hardware and the company also admitted the Bootloop issue and started giving fixes to their customers.
- LG realized it was due to their negligence after introducing several smartphones and all of them face the same issue.
- The company said that this issue is the result of a loose connection between components. Android Authority explained later that it was due to a loose connection between the power supplies or memory components that can cause this issue.
Now, move to the next section that helps you attain LG V10 overheating fix. In this section, we have compiled a list of methods that will help you attain LG bootloop fix on your Android.
Note: As Android phones do not have the same settings and these settings differ for each brand, the steps mentioned below may change slightly from your device. Following steps are from the Samsung device.
Method 1: Discharge Capacitors
Discharging the electricity capacitors can fix LG V10 stuck in bootloop issue and this has been reported by users. But keep in mind that if your phone has a heating problem, this may not work all the time. Anyhow, here is how to do it.
1. Power off your LG V10 completely.
2. Try to open the back case by sticking your thumb under the micro USB port.
3. Remove the battery of your device.
4. Hold the power button for 30 to 40 seconds, this removes the remaining electricity from the internal components.
5. Reinsert the battery and then put the back case on.
6. Power on your device and check if the issue is fixed.
Method 2: Reinsert Micro SD Card
You can try removing the Micro SD card and then reinserting them into the slot after restarting your phone if you are using a Micro SD card as part of your storage. This removes the error with the SD card if there are any, this is also a great method in troubleshooting your mobile phone.
Also Read: Fix Fast Charging Not Working on Android
Method 3: Troubleshoot Device Overheating
The smartphone is a device that supports a variety of applications and features at the same time. You may also face LG V10 Bootloop issue when your phone heats up. Overheating is very common in Android devices, it occurs whenever you use your phone for a long time or when you run heavy tasks on it. You may have to cool down your device to fix this issue, read our article on fixing the phone overheating issues.
Method 4: Perform Soft Reset
If the above methods didn’t help you LG Bootloop fix, try resetting the software. Here are the steps to it.
1. Power Off your phone if it is turned on.
2. Press the Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously.
3. Release both the buttons when your device rests which might take up to 45 seconds.
If this did not fix the issue, move on to the next method.
Method 5: Boot Up in Safe Mode
With safe mode, you can boot up your phone with any third application disabled. This enables you to see if any app that you have recently installed is causing some software conflict. Safe mode uses fewer resources than normal mode so it won’t be an issue if your phone heats up. Here are the steps to boot up in Safe mode on your LG V10.
1. Power off your device completely.
2. Hold the Power button.
3. Release the power button when you see LG’s “Life’s good” logo.
4. In safe mode, check if you have attained LG V10 overheating fix. If you do not face the issue in safe mode, move to the next method to delete the conflicting device from your device.
Method 6: Uninstall Apps
If your functions smoothly in Safe mode, then there is a lot of chance that you may have software conflict. Some apps run in the background which overwhelms the resources of your device and causes it to freeze or restart. You can remove the conflicts by booting in Safe mode and then uninstalling recent apps. So, check the unused applications on your device and then uninstall the apps with Google Play Store or phone storage. This fixes the issue with apps and also helps LG V10 Bootloop fix.
Method 7: Update Android OS
You can try to install the latest version on your phone whenever you are facing some issues in your phone. Update your phone in safe mode to fix glitches on your phone and this might fix LG V10 stuck in bootloop problem.
Method 8: Update Apps
If you can operate your mobile in safe mode, try updating all the apps before your mobile enters into boot loop again. If you use an outdated app, these apps will not guarantee a good user interface, so you will have to update the apps in Google Play store. Updating the apps will help you to fix glitches and bugs in the apps and also helps in fixing Bootloop issue.
Method 9: Perform Master Reset
This method is with the highest success rate. If you do not face issues in excessive heating, it will help you with LG V10 overheating fix in most of the cases. But before doing a master reset, it is advised to back up your phone as a master reset will reset your phone to the original factory settings. All the data like images, videos, contacts, audio files and apps. Here are the steps to master reset your LG V10.
1. Backup all your data. Read our guide to restore apps and settings to new Android device from Google Backup to create a backup to Google Drive.
2. Turn Off your device.
3. Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together.
4. Release the power button when you the LG logo but continue to hold the Volume Down button.
5. Release both the buttons when you see the Factory data reset screen.
6. Use the Volume buttons to highlight Yes.
7. Confirm by pressing the Power button.
8. The entire process may take up to 10 minutes. Your device will restart automatically after the process.
Also Read: How to Hard Reset LG Stylo 4
Method 10: Reinstall Heat Sink
If none of the above mentioned methods work for you, try reinstalling heat sink. This is the most successful method LG Bootloop fix. It is recommended to install it by a technician. You yourself can proceed if you wish to. You have to disassemble your phone to access the motherboard and then install the heat sink. The complete process is long and involves removing the motherboard from the structural frame to apply heat sinks. You may have to buy all the tools which cost around $50.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I get my LG V10 out of Bootloop?
Ans. Turn off your device. Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button. Release the power button when you the LG logo but continue to hold the Volume Down button. Release both the buttons when you see the Factory data reset screen. Use the Volume buttons to highlight Yes. Confirm by pressing the Power button.
Q2. Why do LG phones Bootloop?
Ans. Even though the company blames hardware issues for LG V10 Bootloop problem, this issue may also arise due to some particular software glitches. You may face the boot loop issue if you tried rooting your device. Some deep changes in the settings of your device may cause this issue. You may face this issue if your updated Android version has some glitch and if you download an application from an unverified source.
Q3. Why does my LG V10 keep restarting?
Ans. Your LG V10 phone restarts when any new firmware update is being installed on your device. You may face this issue if your updated Android version has some glitch that makes the mobile unable to communicate with the system during the boot.
Q4. How do I reset my LG V10 phone?
Ans. Turn on your phone if it is turned on. Press and hold the Power button + Volume down button. Release both the buttons when your device rests which might take up to 45 seconds.
Q5. How do I enter Safe Mode in LG V10?
Ans. Power off your device completely. Press and hold the Power button. Release the power button when you see LG’s “Life’s good” logo.
- Fix Netflix Error F7121 1331 P7 in Windows 10
- How to Hide Data Usage Details in T-Mobile
- How to Disable Gear VR Service on Android
- Fix Phone Not Allowed MM6 Error
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix LG V10 Bootloop problem on your device. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.