Firmware is software that offers fundamental machine instructions so the hardware can run and interact with other programs installed on a device. Its updates and improvements are produced by device manufacturers. So, the present software on the device that promotes optimal efficiency may be added to or rewritten by updates. So, it becomes essential to update your device. But some users, while updating their firmware, have seen the error failed to update firmware visit Samsung service center. So, if you are struggling with an update failed error Galaxy S5 then you are at the right place. Because in this guide, we will talk about the causes for the issue and how to fix it. So, without further ado, let us get started.
How to Fix Failed to Update Firmware Visit Samsung Service Center Error
Before we begin with troubleshooting, let us discuss what are the reasons for this error are.
- Poor internet connection.
- Temporary glitches on the phone.
- Incorrect date and time on your device.
- Enough storage is not available on the smartphone.
Here are the methods that you can perform to resolve the issue on your own:
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
Method 1: Restart Device
Some temporary glitches can prevent the upgradation. So, you can restart your device by using the steps given below:
1. First, press the Volume Down button and the Side button simultaneously.
2. Now, tap on Restart.
3. Once the phone turns off and on, tap on Settings.
4. Scroll down and tap on the Software update.
5. Here, tap on Download and install.
6. Tap on Download and wait until the update gets completed.
Also Read: How to Connect Samsung Phone to TV with HDMI
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
A strong internet connection is the next important thing to remember when you update the firmware. If your internet speed is slow, then failed to update firmware visit Samsung service center may pop up. So, you must check the internet speed and troubleshoot the internet connection. You can refer to our guide to learn how to troubleshoot speed on your Android phone. Once the internet speed is ensured, update the firmware using steps 3 to 6 of Method 1.
Method 3: Set Correct Date & Time
Another possible way to fix Samsung Galaxy failed to update firmware is to set the correct date and time. An incorrect date and time on your device can cause this error. Therefore, setting the correct date and time on your gadget is suggested. So, go through the following steps to perform the same on your smartphone.
1. First, tap on the Settings icon.
2. Now, scroll down and tap on General management.
3. Under General Management, tap on date and time.
4. Toggle on Automatic date and time and Automatic time zone.
5. Now, tap on the back icon and go to Settings.
6. Repeat steps 4 to 6 mentioned in method 1.
Method 4: Delete Unwanted Apps
Space on your device will free up when you delete the unwanted application. And this extra storage space created due to deletion will create enough space for the firmware. To delete the unwanted application, follow the steps given below:
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Now, tap on the Apps.
3. Tap on the app that you want to delete.
4. After that, tap on the Uninstall option at the bottom.
5. Tap on OK.
6. Go back to Settings by swiping the screen to the right-hand side.
7. After that, perform Steps 4 to 6 mentioned in Method 1.
Method 4: Update Software in Safe Mode
You can update the software in safe mode to fix the issue. Below are the steps to perform the same on your smartphone to fix update failed error Galaxy S5.
Note: Ensure your device is charged before proceeding with the steps.
1. Press and hold the Volume down button and Side button.
2. Tap on the Power off.
3. Press the Volume down key and the side key when the screen turns off.
4. Release the side key while holding the Volume down when you see the Samsung Galaxy on the screen.
5. Release the key once Safe mode displays in the lower left corner of the screen.
6. To update the firmware perform steps 3, 4, 5 and 6 mentioned in Method 1.
7. Now, press and hold the Volume down and side keys.
8. Finally, tap on Restart.
Method 5: Upload Device Data to Cloud
This is another method which can potentially fix Samsung Galaxy failed to update firmware. Once you upload the data to the cloud, you can delete the files and create extra storage. On a Samsung phone, you upload this data on Samsung Cloud by following the steps given below:
1. Launch the Settings app on your device.
2. Now, tap on the Samsung Account.
3. Here, tap on the Samsung Cloud.
4. Scroll down and tap on Back up data.
5. Here, toggle on the app whose data you want to back up on Samsung Cloud.
6. Tap on Back up now.
7. Once the backup is completed, tap on the back icon to go back to Settings.
8. Now, perform steps from 4 to 6 mentioned in Method 1.
Method 6: Clear App Cache
Cache files are temporary files stored on your device; sometimes, these cache files can take up lots of storage space. This can cause an update failed error Galaxy S5 because an update is possible only when extra storage is available on your mobile phone. You can clear the cache files on your smartphone by following these steps:
1. Tap on the Settings icon.
2. Now, scroll down and tap on Battery and device care.
3. Tap on Optimise now.
4. Wait for a few seconds till optimization gets complete. After that, tap on Done.
Note: Do not tap on Clear data. Otherwise, all the data associated with the app will get deleted.
5. Now, tap on the back icon to return to Settings.
6. Repeat the steps from 4 to 6 mentioned in method 1.
Method 7: Use Kies Application
Samsung Kies is an application made to link your smartphone and computer seamlessly. Kies notifies you when a firmware update is required for your phone once you are connected. Make sure you have the most recent version of Kies before upgrading your phone using this programme, or else it might go wrong.
1. Open the Kies application on your PC and then use a data cable to connect your smartphone to your laptop.
2. Select the Model name of your device that is connected.
3. Now, under Basic information, click on New Firmware is available to learn about it.
4. Click on a Firmware upgrade to download the latest firmware.
5. Upgrade process will get started in the Kies window. Now, wait until the firmware gets updated.
Method 8: Through FOTA
One of the most convenient ways to upgrade the firmware is via FOTA (Firmware upgrade over the air). Using it, you can upgrade your smartphone at home, provided you have a strong internet connection. Moreover, you can purchase Knox E-FOTA. Apart from this, a 90-day free trial period is also there.
Method 9: Visit Samsung Smart Cafe
Even after trying all the above-mentioned methods, failed to update firmware visit Samsung service center error remains, then we suggest you to visit the Samsung Smart Cafe. These Smart Cafe have trained and experienced people who will upgrade the firmware on your phone.
- Does Last Seen Recently on Telegram Means Blocked?
- 11 Ways to Fix Android Phone Not Receiving Text Messages
- Fix Samsung Phone Keeps Restarting
- How to Reset Samsung Phone without Password
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix failed to update firmware visit Samsung service center. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.