WSClient.dll is a type of DLL or Dynamic Link Library file. A DLL file is a guide which means they store information and provide already inputted instructions for relevant executable files. The fact behind the invention of this kind of file is to save memory allocation space between similar-minded programs and efficiently run your PC. It is developed by Microsoft as system files concerning the Windows operating system and designed with a set of procedures and driver functions. No technology is perfect. They evolve better after infliction upon their problems. Now, this concept applies to WSClent.dll error as well. Hence, this guide will help you to know more about what is WSClient.dll error and how to fix it.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Error in wsclient.dll in Windows 10
Though WSClient.dll, also called Window Store Licensing Client, helps to be efficient, they are also vulnerable at times. If the shared DLL file got corrupted or goes missing, it generates various runtime error messages which are triggered while trying to load or start Windows. A few such error messages are listed below:
- Access Violation at address – WSClient.dll.
- WSClient.dll could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\WSClient.dll.
- Cannot register WSClient.dll.
- Cannot start Windows. A required component is missing: WSClient.dll. Please install Windows again.
- Failed to load WSClient.dll.
- The application has failed to start because WSClient.dll was not found.
- The file WSClient.dll is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because WSClient.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
There are various causes such as using an older version of Windows and drivers, malware infection, bad sector on storage media, accidental deletion of WSClient.dll and much more. Hence, the solutions to resolve these kinds of errors are given below. Try out every upcoming method till you find your potential fix.
Method 1: Update Windows
Windows Update is a first-thought solution for any file-related errors. This is the case certainly also applicable to the error in wsclient.dll. Thus, it is necessary to check if the Windows operating system is functioning smoothly. Error and bugs are always meant to happen in Windows OS as they are inevitable. To rectify it, Microsoft often releases an updated version of the OS by fixing those bugs and errors. In addition, they also enhance security features to protect the system from cyber-related concerns and compatibility attributes. To know more about Windows updates, read our guide on What is Windows Update.
If you are using an outdated version of Windows 10 and Windows 11, then check our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
At last, check if the error wsclient.dll missing is resolved or not.
Method 2: Update Device Drivers
The graphic driver is an essential feature of a computer. GPU manufacturers often release updates and features. So, update the graphic driver to restore the WSClient.dll Download error and see if this update works out. Read our guide on 4 ways to update graphic drivers in Windows 10 to do the same.
Method 3: Run Malware Scan
The error in WSClient.dll Download can happen if there is any malware present on your system. The malicious content files can disrupt your system in various unexpected ways. One such way is causing corruption in the Windows stored files. Hence, it is imperative to scan your PC for any kind of malware presence and eradicate it as soon as possible. To run the malware, check out the guide on How do I Run Virus Scan on my Computer and follow the instruction given in that article.
Unfortunately, if you find any such malware presence via the scan process, mandatorily follow the steps given in our guide How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10 and eliminate it immediately.
Method 4: Execute WSReset Command
Running the WSReset command is quite a straightforward method to do. This is because executing WSReset can solve the issue of the error in wsclient.dll while starting Windows. Therefore, follow the steps given below and execute WSReset technique.
1. Press the Windows key and type cmd, then, click Run as administrator to launch Command Prompt with admin rights.
2. Type the wsreset command and hit the Enter key to execute it.
3. Wait for a few moments till the process gets completed. Hopefully, by now wsclient.dll missing error should be resolved. If not, try out the other following methods given below one by one.
Also Read: Fix Windows Store Error 0x80072ee7
Method 5: Turn Off WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask
One of the methods to resolve the error in wsclient.dll is to disable the task WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask via the task scheduler program. Here’s how to do it.
1. Press Windows + R keys together and launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type taskschd.msc and press the Enter key.
3. On the Task Scheduler window, navigate to the following path and expand it.
Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > WS
4. Right-click the WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask task file and select Disable from the context menu.
5. After you disable this task, check if the problem WSClient.dll Download is resolved. Also, keep in mind that if you don’t have this specific task in the WS folder, feel free to skip this solution.
Method 6: Register Back Problematic DLL File
Sometimes the problem causing DLL (dynamic link library) files may cause certain errors. For such a scenario, you are required to re-register the problematic DLL file. You are well aware of the fact about registry cleaner. They are an in-built utility tool present in the OS itself which is used to clean irrelevant files, catch the culprit behind PC slowness and rectify it, and at last resolve registry issues. If you have admin rights on your PC, then this method can be performed very easily. Here’s how to do it.
1. launch the Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Then, type the following command and hit the Enter key to execute it.
regsvr32 /u WSClient.dll
3. Then, type the given command and press the Enter key.
regsvr32 /i WSClient.dll
4. Once these commands are executed, you are good to go. Hopefully, this method resolved the error in wsclient.dll. If not, try out next.
Method 7: Repair System Files
Whenever you have a missing or corrupt file, your system doesn’t work fine. This is because corruption as the name suggests ceases to cause malfunction such as Windows crash, in your PC, if not resolved at the earliest. Here, if wsclient.dll missing issue occurred, then it is highly recommended to perform an SFC and DISM scanning process. SFC (system file checker) or DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) are the two utility tools present in Windows OS which allow users to repair missing or corrupt files by just executing certain commands via command prompt in admin mode. To execute this method, check our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the instructions given in it.
Method 8: Alter DNS Server Address
Several users reported that the error in wsclient.dll got cleared when they changed their DNS server. This is because DNS (domain name system) plays a significant role in causing this issue. This server is responsible for efficient communication. Yet, sometimes the DNS server you use may slow down for various possible reasons and create a vulnerable state for DLL (dynamic link library) file such as WSClient.dll. In such cases, it is necessary to change your DNS server address. Read our guide on How to Change DNS Settings in Windows 10 to do the same. If you are using Windows 11, use the guide How to change DNS Server Settings on Windows 11. After making the relevant changes in your DNS server, you need to switch to Google DNS or OpenDNS for resolving the error completely. To do so, read our guide on How to Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS on Windows.
Method 9: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package
If you are using the outdated version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package, then you may be experiencing WSClient.dll Download error in wsclient.dll. Therefore, you need to update this software or remove it entirely and reinstall it again with its latest version. Both ways work out pretty well, however, it is recommended to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package application by following the steps given below.
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Click on the Apps setting.
3. Now, select Apps & features on the left pane. Then, search and locate every Microsoft Visual C++ program and select Uninstall.
4. Finally, click Uninstall on the confirmation prompt.
To install Microsoft Visual C++ programs back into your PC, follow the steps.
5. Go to the official Microsoft webpage. Then, Select Language and click the Download button to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
6. Choose the type of file you need to download and click the Next button to finalize it.
7. Double-click the downloaded setup file and open it to begin the installation process.
8. Check to mark the I agree to the license terms and conditions and select Install to start the installation.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further and complete the installation.
10. Once done, reboot the PC for the changes to be effective. Then, check if the error in wsclient.dll is cleared.
Also Read: Fix Runtime Error C++ on Windows 10
Method 10: Reinstall Specific Program
If a program or software fails to open or load due to missing wsclient.dll file, then uninstall that program in the same way as instructed above and reinstall it again to resolve the problem. This solution may look odd but could work out easily.
1. Hit the Windows key, type apps and features, and click on Open.
2. Select the conflicting program and click on the Uninstall option.
3. Click on Uninstall again to confirm the same and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
4. Navigate to Microsoft Store or official website of the uninstalled app & download it from there.
Method 11: Manually Download WSClient.dll
Sometimes it is necessary to perform WSClient.dll download manually. This is because using an older version of WSClient.dll can cause an error and thus require manual intervention. Here’s how to do WSClient.dll download on your own.
1. Go to the WSClient.dll official website.
2. On the Homepage, you will find many distinct versions. Hence, based on your operating system select either a 32- or 64-bit version relevantly. Then, along with it choose the latest version for experiencing good performance.
Note: Keep in mind that some programs you use may need an older version to perform. Therefore, it is advised to check and download the installation file as per your requirement.
3. Once the correct version setup file is downloaded, double-click the wsclient.zip folder and open it.
4. Here, extract the DLL-file to the desired location on your computer.
5. At last, place the extracted DLL file in the path of the program that is asking for the file.
6. Once done, restart the PC to save the changes made.
Note: Please be cautious and download the correct version for the efficient functioning of the DLL file.
Check if the issue persisting with WSClient.dll Download is resolved or not.
Method 12: Perform System Restore
If none of the above-mentioned methods works out, then the last thing you need to do is to perform a system restore. This option helps you to revert your entire computer state as it was before. This method will surely help you out because Windows can behave oddly as there are numerous applications and programs present in the operating system. To know more about system restore point and system restore, check our guide on How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 10 and How to Use System Restore on Windows 10, respectively.
- Fix Forza Horizon 4 Unable to Join Session on Xbox One or PC
- Fix Google Play Error Code 495 on Android
- Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900204
- Fix Windows Store Error Code 0x80073CF3
Once your PC is restored to its original version, check if wsclient.dll missing problem is resolved. Hopefully, by now you got to know What is WSClient.dll error and how to fix error in wsclient.dll. Please feel free to reach out to us for any queries or suggestions via the comment section given below.