You can easily buy and sell any games throughout the web via Origin. Error 523: Origin is Unreachable indicates an issue between the server and the web browser when trying to establish a connection with the origin server. By addressing these potential causes, you can often resolve them, as explained in this guide.
How to Fix Error 523: Origin is Unreachable
- This may be due to your outdated OS and system drivers.
- This can be due to corrupt Origin installation files or game files.
- You are launching the game without admin rights.
- Some background processes are interfering with the game.
- An outdated .NET framework on your PC can cause this error.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Restart PC
- Wait for Server Uptime
- Ensure Stable Network Connection
- Restart Origin
1. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
2. Close the Origin task, which will be under the Processes tab.
3. Next, Type Origin in the Windows search bar and click on Open.
Close all the processes given below that may consume the resources of your computer as explained above.
- Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Xbox Windows app
- MSI afterburner
- Rivatuner statistics/server
- AMD’s Wattman program
- AB overlay
- Asus Sonic Radar
- NVIDIA Shadowplay
- AverMedia Stream Engine
- Razer Synapse
Also Read: How to Move Origin Games to Another Drive
Method 2: Run Origin with Admin Rights
Accessing a few files and services requires administrative privileges in Origin. You may face error 523 Origin if you do not have the required administrative rights. Follow the steps below to run Origin as administrator.
1. Right-click on the Origin Desktop shortcut and select Properties.
2. Switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
3. Click on Apply > OK.
Also Read: Fix Origin 0xc00007b Error in Windows 10
Method 3: Clear Origin Cache Files
Follow the steps given below to delete the temporary cache files of Origin, which will help you fix Origin is unreachable issue.
1. Press the Windows key, type %appdata%, and click on Open to open the AppData Roaming folder.
2. Right-click on the Origin folder and choose the Delete option.
3. Type %programdata% in the Windows search bar and click on Open to go to the ProgramData folder.
4. Then, find the Origin folder and delete all the files except the LocalContent folder, which contains all the game data.
5. Finally, restart the PC and check if the issue is fixed.
Method 4: Tweak Origin In-game Settings
If you still face error 523: Origin is unreachable, try tweaking the in-game settings, and here are the steps to do it.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Origin, and click on Open.
2. Type the credentials and then sign in to the EA Account.
3. Click on the Origin menu at the top left corner.
4. Select Application Settings from the drop-down menu.
5. Now, turn on the toggle for Enable Origin In-Game under ORIGIN IN-GAME.
Also Read: Fix Origin Overlay Not Working in Windows 10
Method 5: Switch to Origin Client Beta
If tweaking the in-game settings didn’t fix Origin is unreachable, try switching to the Origin client Beta. Here are the steps to do it.
1. Launch Origin as done earlier.
2. Click on Origin > Application Settings.
3. Navigate to the Application tab.
4. Turn on the toggle for Participate in Origin client betas under Client Updates.
5. Restart the Origin client after switching to the Beta version and see if the issue is fixed.
Method 6: Update .NET Framework
.NET framework in Windows 10 computer is essential for uninterrupted service of modern apps and games. Many apps and games have an auto-update feature for the .NET framework; thus, it will be updated automatically whenever an update is available. In another case, if an update prompts in your PC, you can manually install the latest version of the .NET framework, as discussed in our guide, How to Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Error 9:0 in Windows 10
Method 7: Network Related Troubleshooting
Disable VPN or Proxy (If Applicable)
You may face Origin is unreachable issue if network settings on your Windows 10 are inappropriate. If you have a VPN or use any proxy servers on your PC, read our article on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 and then implement the steps as instructed in this guide.
Update Network Drivers
All the network drivers in your PC must be compatible and at their latest version so that you can use the Origin app without any issues. If your PC uses outdated drivers, you must update them to fix any issues like the one we are discussing now. You can do this task either manually or by using third-party software.
Check our guide on How to Update Network Adapter Drivers on Windows 10 to update all the drivers manually and check if you can use Origin online settings without any issues.
Roll Back Network Drivers
If the current version of the network drivers is not compatible with your game, then there is no use in updating or reinstalling them. All you have to do is to roll back the drivers to the previous version by following our guide, How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
Reinstall Network Drivers
When you still face error 523 Origin after updating or rolling back the network drivers, reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility problems. There are so many methods to reinstall drivers on Windows. Yet, if you are confused about how to implement the same, check our guide on How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10 and implement the same.
Reset Internet Connection
Despite all the above-listed solutions, try resetting the network settings if none of the methods has helped you fix error 523: Origin is unreachable. To do so, follow our guide on How to Reset Network Settings on Windows 10
Method 8: Add Exclusion in Firewall or Antivirus
If Windows Firewall is not causing conflict with Origin, the antivirus software on your system is likely blocking the Origin or vice-versa. You can add an exclusion for Origin to fix Error 523: Origin is unreachable.
Option I: Through Windows Security
1. Hit the Windows key, type virus and threat protection and click on Open.
2. Click on Manage settings.
3. Then, click on Add or remove exclusions.
4. In the Exclusions tab, select the Add an exclusion option and click on File.
5. Now, navigate to the file directory where you have installed the program and select the Origin file.
6. Wait for the tool to be added to the security suite, and you are ready to use Origin without any issues!
Option II: Through Third-party Antivirus
Note: We have shown the steps for Avast Free Antivirus as an example. Follow the steps according to your antivirus program.
1. Launch Avast Antivirus and click on the Menu option from the top right corner, as highlighted.
2. Here, click on Settings.
3. In the General menu, go to Blocked & Allowed apps.
4. Click on ALLOW APP under the List of allowed apps section.
5. Now, click on ADD, corresponding to the Origin app path to add it to the whitelist. We have shown App Installer being added as an exclusion below.
Note: You can also browse for the Origin app by selecting the SELECT APP PATH option and then click on the ADD button.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Won’t Open on Windows 10
Method 9: Reinstall Origin
If none of the methods has helped you, try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it. Any common glitches associated with a software program can be resolved when you reinstall the program. Following are the steps to reinstall Origin to fix Error 523: Origin is unreachable.
1. Hit the Windows key, type apps and features, and click on Open.
2. Search for Origin in Search this list field.
3. Select Origin and click on Uninstall.
4. Again, click on Uninstall to confirm.
5. Now, click on Uninstall button in the Origin Uninstall wizard.
6. Finally, click on Finish to remove the app from your device.
7. Then, reboot the PC.
8. Download Origin from its official website by clicking on Download for Windows button.
9. Run the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
10. Click on Install Origin.
11. Select the Install location… and modify other options as per your requirement.
12. Next, check the End User Licence Agreement to accept it and click on Continue.
13. Finally, sign in to your EA account and start playing the games.
Recommended: Fix Origin Stuck on Resuming Download in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you can fix error 523: Origin is unreachable issue on your device. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section.