Whether for work, entertainment, or gaming, Discord is a very useful and popular instant messaging app. But are you facing an error when signing up or logging into Discord? This would be disheartening when you cannot access the platform. So, we have come up with an article to resolve the Discord email is already registered issue.
How to Fix Discord Email is Already Registered Error
Discord is a very useful and popular instant messaging app. Likewise, it is a preferred app for communication in different circles. Whether it is for work, entertainment, or gaming, the services and features available in the app are very useful for communication. You can access and use Discord on different platforms including PC, Android, and iOS, as well as web browsers. Here, you will get to know about email already registered Discord error and how to fix it in detail.
Follow the below steps to fix this Discord issue:
1. Click on Settings icon in the Discord window.
2. Go to My Account.
3. Click on Delete Account under the Account Removal section.
Why Does Discord Say My Email is Already Registered?
There are a number of common reasons why Discord may say that your email address is already registered. Knowing what is the main cause of this issue can help you in fixing it. Here are some of the common reasons why you may encounter this issue below.
- You have already signed up to Discord using a particular email address and are attempting to sign up again with the same email address.
- You have mistakenly gone to the sign up page of Discord when trying to log into your Discord account.
- There is some issue in Discord where your email address and password are not matching to the saved account.
- There is another Discord account that is already linked to a particular email address that you are trying to use to sign up with.
- Your email already registered Discord as a linked account.
In order to know the solution for discord email is already registered follow the methods below:
Method 1: Use One Email for One Discord Account
Discord does not allow users to have multiple accounts that are linked to one email address. A simple fix that you can follow to resolve this issue is to make sure there is only one account linked to that email address. In this case, it is a good idea to sign up to Discord with a different email address for a new Discord account.
Method 2: Go to Login Window
Another simple fix that you can also follow is to make sure that you are not on the sign up or create an account page of Discord. Likewise, it is pretty common for users to mistakenly enter their email addresses on the sign up page when trying to log in. As a result, you will encounter the message that your Discord email is already registered on this page. Therefore, you can fix this issue by simply going to the login page instead.
Also Read: Fix Discord Server Owner Crown Not Showing
Method 3: Reset Password
Follow the steps below to reset your password.
1. Launch your browser and open the Incognito tab. Check our guide to open incognito mode in Chrome browser.
Note: For reference, we have shown Chrome browser.
2. Go to the Discord website.
3. On the Discord home page, click on the option to Login on the top-right side of the page.
4. Type in the email address that is causing the issue in the Email or Phone Number text field.
5. Leave the Password field empty.
6. Click on the Forgot your password? option right below the password text field.
7. In case a verification pop-up appears, complete the human verification.
8. A window will now appear that says Instructions Sent. Click on the Okay button at the bottom.
Note: You will now receive instructions on how to reset your Discord account password in your given email address.
9. Open the new email from Discord and click on the Reset Password button in the mail.
10. Type in a new password in the New Password text field.
11. Click on the Change Password button.
The registered email address and its new password are now available.
Method 4: Delete Discord Account Linked to the Email Address
This is a fix that you can follow only if you want to sign up to a new Discord account with the existing email address. In this case, you have to first delete the old Discord account.
1. Log in to the Discord account.
2. Click on the User Settings icon at the bottom.
3. Go to the My Account option of the settings.
4. Click on the Delete Account button under the Account Removal section.
Method 5: Contact Discord Support
As a last resort, you have to contact the support team to fix this issue. Follow the below steps:
1. Open a browser and go to the official Discord support page.
2. Click on the Submit a request option at the top of the page.
3. Click on the What can we help you with? section.
4. Select the Help & Support option from the drop-down list.
5. Type in the email address facing the error in the relevant box
6. Click on the Type of questions section and select “Email is Already Registered” Error from the drop-down list.
7. Add the Subject of the issue and a Description of the issue in their respective field.
Note: You can also attach a screenshot of the error by clicking on the Add file button under the Attachments section.
8. Click on the Submit button.
- How to Download Visual Studio for Windows 10
- 8 Ways to Fix Disney Plus Autoplay Not Working on Chrome
- How to Screen Record on Discord Mobile
- How to Remove Someone from Discord Group
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn Discord email is already registered error. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.