Blade and Soul is an online role-playing game based on Korean martial art released in 2016. It has received accolades from both the east and the west. However, many gamers have experienced an error when they are about to launch the game. If you too are frustrated by this error, you are at the right place. This guide will discuss some quick solutions on how to fix Blade and Soul not launching error.
- 8 Ways to Fix Blade and Soul Not Launching Error
- Why Blade and Soul Game won’t launch?
- Method 1: Disable Bluetooth
- Method 2: Delete Client.exe
- Method 3: Using Game Launcher
- Method 4: Use Ethernet cable to fix connectivity issues
- Method 5: Delete Game Guard
- Method 6: Modify Windows Defender Settings
- Method 7: Use Multi-client option in BNS Buddy
- Method 8: Reinstall Game
8 Ways to Fix Blade and Soul Not Launching Error
Why Blade and Soul Game won’t launch?
Following are some of the causes of Blade and Soul launching error:
- Bluetooth issue
- Corrupt user configuration
- Connectivity issues
- Missing Client.exe
- Game Guard conflict
- Conflict with Windows Defender
- BNS Buddy issue
Now you’re aware of the issues behind the Blade and Soul game not launching, let’s see how to resolve this issue with the below-listed methods.
Method 1: Disable Bluetooth
Disabling Bluetooth on the machine is one of the most popular solutions for Blade and Soul not launching errors. In this approach, you need to go to the Device Manager and disable Bluetooth from there manually.
1. Press the Windows +R keys together to open the Run command box and type devmgmt.msc in the box.
2. Under Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth tab.
3. Right-click on the Bluetooth device and select Disable device.
Restart the computer to save changes. After that, try launching Blade and Soul to see if it works.
Also Read: Fix Overwatch Not Launching on Windows 10
Method 2: Delete Client.exe
‘Client.exe’ is the primary launcher for Blade and Soul. However, this exe file may become corrupt if the game installation drive is moved or due to an incomplete update. Here’s how to delete client.exe to fix Blade and Soul not launching error:
1. Press the Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer.
2. Now, go to the game installation directory and look for client.exe.
3. Right-click on the ‘client.exe’ file and select Delete.
4. Now, open the Ncsoft installer and click on the File Repair option.
Restart the computer and check if the Blade and Soul not launching error has been resolved.
Method 3: Using Game Launcher
There are two ways to launch a game: either directly from the executable file or from a launcher that comes with the game. On some occasions, launching the game through the launcher immediately loads the game without any issues, instead of launching it through its executable file.
This process seems to address the inability of the game to build a sandboxed environment in which it can run effectively. The launcher will be able to build a sandboxed environment and run the game without any errors. To check if this approach solves your game launching issue,
1. Go to the download files of the game.
2. Try loading the game via the in-built launcher.
Method 4: Use Ethernet cable to fix connectivity issues
Another workaround that we came across is connecting the laptop or PC directly to an ethernet cable. This fix resolves the issue due to a bug in the game which doesn’t let the game access the Internet over WiFi. Just make sure your Wi-Fi and all other internet devices attached to the machine are turned off. Now, check if you’re able to fix Blade and Soul won’t launch error.
Method 5: Delete Game Guard
Blade and Soul use Game Guard as an anti-cheat tool to ensure that players do not use any mods or hacks while playing the game. To fix Blade and Soul not launching issue due to Game Guard:
1. Navigate to the game installation folder.
2. Delete the Game Guard folder completely.
Once done, make sure to restart the PC. Blade & Soul not launching problem should be resolved.
Method 6: Modify Windows Defender Settings
Another issue that many players encounter is that the game is blocked by Windows Defender. The problem with Blade and Soul might be that it is being blocked by the Windows Defender, despite it being a legitimate program. You will need to adjust the Windows Defender configuration as explained below:
1. To open Settings on your computer, press Windows + I keys together.
2. Select Update & Security in the Settings window.
3. From the left-hand side menu select Windows Security.
4. Click on App & browser control and turn off all the given options.
5. Next, click on Exploit protection settings.
6. Now, Disable all options under System settings.
Restart the computer to save the changes. Your game should no longer be marked & blocked as a threat to your operating system.
Also Read: Fix Can’t Turn ON Windows Defender
Method 7: Use Multi-client option in BNS Buddy
Many people use BNS buddy to improve their game FPS, use custom mods, and so on. Enabling the multi-client system is another solution we discovered to fix the Blade and Soul launching error.
1. Navigate to BNS buddy on your computer then right-click on it.
2. Select the Run as administrator option.
3. Confirm that Blade and Soul are linked to the BNS Buddy.
4. Enable the Multi-client feature and launch the game with BNS buddy.
Method 8: Reinstall Game
If the error remains unresolved, it means there is an issue with the game installation files, which may be corrupt or incomplete. This can prevent you from starting the game. Therefore, a fresh & proper installation should help. Here are the steps to reinstall Blade & Soul:
1. Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run command box.
2. Type appwiz.cpl in the box and press Enter.
3. Look for Blade and Soul in the application manager. Uninstall it by right-clicking on it.
4. Now to go to the official website of Blade & Soul to download it.
5. Restart your computer after the installation of the game.
You will now be able to enjoy error-free gameplay.
- Permanently Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- Fix Unable to Activate Windows Defender Firewall
- Fix League of Legends Slow Download Problem
- How to Fix Steam Store Not Loading Error
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Blade and Soul not launching error. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.