Image viewers are essential tools for editing, viewing, and organizing images on your Mac. It also offers an automatic arrangement of photos based on date or location. However, Mac’s native image viewer, Preview, may encounter compatibility issues with certain file formats, resulting in an error when viewing a photo. In this review, let’s explore the best free image viewers for Mac that suit your needs and deliver an optimal photo viewing experience.
16 Best Image Viewers for Mac Users
Let’s find out different Mac image viewers with unique and impressive features. So, take a look at their features to decide which one you prefer.
ApolloOne – Photo Video Viewer is one of the best image viewers for Mac. It works swiftly with your folder structures that existed before. It is compatible with macOS 10.12 or later. Check out the other features below:
- It provides tools like rating and culling pictures, smart memory card imports, controlling metadata, etc.
- ApolloOne has a user-friendly interface with a HUD display.
- Additionally, you can flip, mirror, and rotate pictures and videos with this app immediately.
- This application provides a split view with accompanied scrolling and zooming so that the pictures can be compared quickly.
- Moreover, you can also write and read photos in HEIC format.
- You can crop images and make adjustments in the RAW image with ApolloOne.
Several professionals make use of the Photo Mechanic software to edit photos effectively. It keeps the users organized and helps them to save their time. Read below to learn about its features:
- You can manage, organize, view, and export digital photos.
- It manages the images quickly and easily.
- Photo Mechanic works well with other post-processing and creative tools.
Also Read: What is EASM Extension Viewer?
3. XnView MP
XnView MP is a free photo viewer for Mac. You can use it to edit your image file. It offers various awesome features, such as:
- XnView MP supports photo formats like PNG, TIFF, JPEG, PSD, WEBP, HEIC, DNG, PDF, CR2, and more.
- Also, you can edit metadata, crop, resize the image, adjust color, and screen capture using XnView MP.
- Moreover, it lets users resize, enhance, add text, convert, and filter in batch mode.
- This application lets users see their pictures and images quickly.
- You can also make a slideshow and contact sheets.
- Other features of this software include photo management, image comparison, batch rename, duplicate photo finder, and a batch converter.
4. Adobe Bridge
Another best image viewer for Mac is Adobe Bridge. It allows users to edit, preview, publish, and organize assets quickly. The features of Adobe Bridge are as follows:
- This application lets users work on several folders at a time.
- You can also edit metadata, locate assets with the help of filters and add labels and keywords.
- It helps people to batch rename their images with several size options.
- Furthermore, you can arrange your assets with keywords, metadata, ratings, and labels.
- Moreover, launch the raw photos that you want to edit in Adobe Camera Raw straight from Bridge.
- By using the export panel, users can export images in several formats.
qView interface is so visually appealing as it is simple and minimal. To learn about the features of qView, read the list given below:
- qView is lightweight and fast, and it launches the images instantly.
- It has features like file history, animated GIF controls, rotation/mirroring, and more.
- It is compatible with picture formats like WebP, PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP, and TIFF.
- Additionally, it is free and open-source software.
Movavi is an excellent alternative to the in-built image viewer on macOS, and you can try Movavi for free. The noteworthy features of Movavi are as follows:
- With Movavi, you can arrange, edit, and organize several images, enhance your pictures, and locate photos by location or date.
- Furthermore, with Movavi, you can easily see your image collection.
- Besides that, with Movavi, users can launch the pictures in RAW files and compressed formats such as PNG, JPEG, and more.
- This application lets users make changes to the pictures with the help of editing tools.
Picturama is the best photo viewer for Mac free. To gain insights into the features of Picturama, check out the below list:
- It supports image formats like TIF, PNG, JPG, HEIC, and WebP.
- With Picturama, you can see the images in detail, view pictures by dates and see EXIF information.
- Moreover, users can crop, delete, tilt, and rotate pictures using Picturama.
ACDSee handles digital assets, provides essentials for RAW image editing, and more. It is a one-in-all software you can use to make your work easier. ACDSee offers awesome features like:
- It aids users in their photography and graphic work.
- ACDSee is a powerful, lightweight, and speedy software.
- Additionally, it provides several organizational tools, drag-and-drop searching, batch presets, etc.
- This helps users to see and manage the photos with ease.
- Moreover, it is the best image viewer for Mac which comes with an Advanced Light EQ.
Also Read: 14 Best Free Live Wallpapers for Mac
Nomacs incorporates photo manipulation methods for hue, gamma, contrast, exposure, and brightness. The other features of Nomacs are as follows:
- It is a free, open-source photo viewer.
- Nomacs can be used to see photo formats such as RAW and photos.
- It also gives translucent widgets that shows information like histogram, thumbnails, or metadata.
- Furthermore, it lets users browse the photos in Zip files and MS Office documents.
- The features to manage the library helps users to look for the photos and to retain them speedily.
- You can make false color photos with its pseudo-color function.
- It lets users differentiate between photos by zooming and panning at a similar position.
Xee3 is the best photo viewer for Mac free. It supports various image formats. To make yourself familiar with the other features of Xee3, read below:
- Xee3 makes the arrangement of the photo gallery quick and easy.
- It provides a good view of the files and makes the organization part simple.
- With this, users can quickly copy and move photo files, looking for archives and folder contents.
- Besides that, you can make use of Xee3 when your preview does not show the photos due to an unsupported file format.
- It works with every picture and is fast and smooth.
Are you looking for an image viewer for your Mac? If so, you can try out Lyn, as many people love it. You can effortlessly view, share, edit, and manage your images with this software. Its key features are mentioned below:
- It is a fast and lightweight image viewer for your Mac.
- Lyn has a flexible and user-friendly interface.
- This application offers geotagging technology; you can edit and share your photos with it.
- Moreover, it is compatible with several photo formats, such as HDR, RAW, etc.
- It lets users modify brightness, contrast, exposure, and color temperature.
- In addition, you can also share your photos on Dropbox, Flickr, and SmugMug.
Viso is a minimal and fast photo viewer for Mac. It provides users the information about the photo, including the location information, color profile, camera lens, etc. Its features are as follows:
- Viso lets people delete and share pictures, zoom in and out of photos, and go through the images in a folder with the help of arrow keys.
- It supports Intel and Apple Silicon Macs.
- Additionally, you can quickly change the photo formats with Viso.
- This software provides images in the best resolution.
Also Read: 19 Best Screen Recorders for Mac
If you want an easy-to-use and lightweight photo viewer for your Mac, you can consider LilyView. It offers several mind-blowing features, mentioned as follows:
- It is a fast, efficient, and simple image viewer.
- LilyView lets users view the images immediately by clicking on the photo file.
- Moreover, you just have to use your keyboard to look at the image folders.
- Furthermore, you can also view the gigapixel images so swiftly.
Phiewer is another best image viewer for Mac. You can speedily and easily view your photos, audio, and videos with Phiewer. Check out the following points to know about its features:
- The image formats supported by Phiewer include JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, DNG, ERF, EIP, NRW, OBM, PEF, RAW, ORF, HEIC, HEIF, and more.
- Phiewer offers various shortcuts for rotating, browsing, pausing, playing, etc.
- In addition to that, the audio formats also support WebA, WAV, FLAC, MP3, OGM, OGG, and WebM.
- It is compatible with video formats, such as MOV, MKV, MP4, M4V, M4U, and M4A.
- Besides that, you can also view the information in detail for your media.
- It also provides multimedia slideshow and stunning effects.
Pixea has a user-friendly and minimal interface. The formats supported by Pixea include JPEG, PSD, HEIC, WebP, RAW, GIF, PNG, and more. Now, let’s discuss more features of Pixea:
- It helps to rotate and flip images and offers photo processing.
- Pixea is compatible with trackpad gestures and keyboard shortcuts.
- Additionally, you can also view photos inside archives.
- Furthermore, you can also view EXIF, color histogram, and other information with Pixea.
- The video formats support FLV, MKV, MP4, A4V, MOV, WMV, MPEG, etc.
You can also try out iFotosoft to view images on your Mac. It offers amazing features such as:
- You can change non-popular formats of files to popular ones.
- Its batch editing features let users resize several photos at a time.
- You can also read the EXIF metadata of the photos with iFotosoft.
- Furthermore, it also enables you to see the image thumbnails.
By opting for any best image viewer for Mac for free mentioned in this article, you can enhance your overall photo viewing and editing experience, unlocking a range of tools and features to better manage and enjoy their visual content. Share your preferred image viewer choice from this article in the comments and don’t miss out on the upcoming guides we have in store for you.