There are many popular online marketplaces available today. Likewise, eBay is one of the most popular sites available for the selling and buying of all sorts of products. Many online marketplaces that are popular are available internationally. Regarding the UK, eBay is one of the best online marketplaces you can use. However, you may be someone who is looking for best eBay alternatives in the UK. In this case, this article has got you covered. We have compiled a list of best eBay alternatives UK in this article.
Table of Contents
Best eBay Alternatives In The UK
Following is the list of best eBay alternatives in the UK.
Amazon is one of the most popular eBay alternatives that you can find in the UK and internationally. Likewise, it is also one of the largest online marketplaces. When it comes to service and delivery, Amazon is quite unparalleled.
- It has features for the buyer including one-day delivery, product reviews, fulfillment by Amazon, etc.
- It has features for sellers including platform support for inventory management, product listing, order management, etc.
2. Facebook Marketplace
Facebook’s own online marketplace is one of the most popular because it is free. Likewise, users are free to list their products and sell them on Facebook Marketplace without any charge.
- Users are free to list items on the marketplace.
- A major con is that there is no buyer or seller protection system on this platform.
Also Read: Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working
This is a marketplace that is closely similar to eBay. Likewise, it is one of the best eBay alternatives in the UK. Sellers and buyers can use eBUYgumm to exchange their products.
- It offers a platform for the listing or selling of items without charge.
- It only costs 2.8% + 20p per payment.
This is a subscription-based online marketplace where you have to pay a monthly fee instead of a listing fee. Likewise, OnBuy is the go-to eBay alternative for many sellers as it is very cheap to sell here.
- The platform uses PayPal for transactions. Therefore, PayPal gets a cut of the profits, which ranges from 1.9 to 2.9% plus 30 pence.
- There are no listing fees on this platform.
This is a very competitive alternative marketplace to eBay. Likewise, you can find all the artsy and unique handmade products that you want to buy on Bonanza.
- It is free to list products on this site.
- There is a 3.5% closing fee for any products that are under $500.
Another completely free online marketplace that is an alternative to eBay is Gumtree. Likewise, this is a marketplace where you can list your items for free. There is an option to list your items and pay for promotions so that it reaches more buyers.
- There is no listing fee is charged on the platform.
- A major con is that there is no protection for buyers or sellers.
This is one of the best marketplaces for the buying and selling of jewelry, electronic products, beauty products, etc. If you are a buyer or seller looking for a good alternative to eBay, Depop is a marketplace you may be interested in.
- The listing of items is free on this online marketplace.
- The successful selling of products has a 10% fee.
This is one of the best alternatives to eBay when looking to buy or sell electronic products. Likewise, the items on Newegg range anywhere from computer parts to gaming accessories.
- It features a great customer service option.
- It has many products that are listed at competitive prices.
This is one of the best eBay alternatives UK for the selling or buying of main items. Likewise, you can list items ranging from electronics, cars, furniture, etc. Craigslist is a great site for finding good deals on used items.
- It features a free section where you can buy products where sellers are just looking to lose items.
- The sellers have to pay for listings as well as sales.
Shpock is a free website where you can list items for free. Likewise, the site also has a buyer protection fee that you can pay. This is therefore a great alternative for eBay.
- It features paid premium membership for more promotion.
- It features a free listing of your items.
Although Vinted is a more specialized marketplace platform for buying or selling clothes, this is a great alternative to eBay. This site charges no fees when selling. Therefore, it is one of the best eBay alternatives.
- It features a Buy Now option for an extra charge of 3–8% for the item.
- It also has buyer protection support.
A great alternative to eBay for more expensive designer clothes is Rebelle. Likewise, you can use this site for the buying or selling of pricier clothes.
- It features a fee to the seller of up to 33%.
- Rebelle also has a verification system where they verify your clothes and sell them directly to customers.
Also Read: 57 Best Free BeenVerified Alternatives
HEWI or Hardly Ever Worn is a very unique online marketplace that is the best eBay alternatives UK for clothes. It is a site that lets you sell or purchase designer clothes.
- The site has a minimum charge of £15 plus VAT.
- It also charges you 18% plus VAT on any sold item.
14. Vestiaire Collective
This is one of the best eBay alternatives in the UK for clothes in general. Likewise, you can list clothes or search for clothes that you want to buy on this Vestiaire Collective.
- It features a closing fee between 10 to 25%.
- An item worth £7,000 or more has a commission of £1,750.
Ziffit is a great alternative to eBay for selling or buying music products, books, CDs, games, etc. Likewise, all you have to do is to pack your items to Ziffit for selling.
- It features an easy selling system where Ziffit directly pays you for the sale of items.
- It is a non-private selling website. Therefore, Ziffit handles all the logistics.
Preloved is one of the biggest sites for buyers and sellers in the UK. Likewise, it is a well-established website that offers all the basic features that a buyer or seller may need.
- It supports the upload of more images and videos for listings.
- It features a paid membership of 5 pounds per month.
Also Read: 11 Best Showbox Alternatives
eBay is a great marketplace for books, electronics, as well as other products. Similar to eBay, WeBuyBooks offers a great marketplace for the sale of items other than books as well. It is a great alternative when looking for a site that is less popular but more likely to get a good value.
18. Sell My Mobile
Although you may be able to find tons of smartphones on eBay, a specific site where you can buy or sell phones is preferable. Sell My Mobile is such a site where you can sell your phones. It is a site that generally offers great prices for other products including tablets, laptops, smartwatches, or even game consoles.
- It offers great value and support for the selling of your old electronics.
- It guarantees the best prices for your products in easy steps.
This is one of the eBay alternatives in the UK when looking to sell your old mobile phones. Envirofone offers potential sellers the ability to simply ship their phones for checking and receive an offer price for it.
- It features verification of quality systems for sellers.
- It offers lower prices for products that have issues or minimal damages.
This is a great marketplace for the selling of crafts, artistic works as well as collector’s items. You can find tons of unique products ranging from handmade craft products to electronics on Etsy.
- It features great buyer and seller protection.
- It charges sellers for the listing of items.
- The sellers have to pay a 5% transaction fee.
Also Read: Top 15 Best Free Spokeo Alternatives
Wish is also similar to Etsy in many ways. Wish is an online marketplace for unique products in many different categories. Likewise, you can find products that are handmade and even peculiar miscellaneous items.
- It features a direct buyer-to-seller system.
- It has an ever-expanding range of items available.
A great alternative for eBay that you can find for drop shipping is AliExpress. Likewise, you can get B2B sales on a variety of products. It is a great option for those who want to get great deals.
- It features a 5%-8% selling fee for sellers.
- It has competitive pricing for buyers all over the world.
23. Ruby Lane
It is a great alternative to eBay for niche items. Likewise, it offers access to tons of unique collectibles, rare, as well as vintage items. Ruby Lane is a legitimate and well-known marketplace. This is one of the best eBay alternatives UK.
- It features a fixed price system instead of an auction system.
- It charges $0.19 as a listing fee for sellers.
Also Read: 18 Best Wayback Machine Alternatives
This is a commission-based marketplace. Likewise, Notonthehighstreet is a great alternative to eBay where you can find a unique range of handmade items.
- It features a commission on sales at 20-30%.
- It is a company based in the UK.
This is a great B2B marketplace for buyers and sellers all over the world. For those looking for a good alternative to eBay where they can find suppliers, eWorldTrade is a great option.
- It features an international market of suppliers.
- It has a 24*7 customer support service.
This is a great option to find tons of products at discounted prices. Likewise, it is a membership-only platform. OpenSky also features a wide variety of payment services.
- The members get exclusive discount offers.
- Each payment can be made via Apple Pay, PayPal, Credit Cards, etc.
Also Read: Top 14 Best Alternatives for Windows
This is one of the best eBay alternatives UK. Mercari does not have a huge customer base like eBay. However, it is a fast-growing platform that is available in major countries including the US, UK, and Japan.
- It features a 10% selling fee as well as a deposit request fee up to a point.
- It has lower competition than on well-established marketplace like eBay.
eBid is a great alternative marketplace option where you can do almost all of the same buying and selling as you would on eBay. It offers a range of features like auctions, classified ads, etc.
- It features free listing but a 3% commission on sales.
- It also has a one-time payment of $99.98 for no commission on future sales.
This is a great alternative to eBay where you can also import all your listings. It allows you to list your items for free. However, you have to pay a commission on the successful sale of a product on eCarter.
- It features lower rates than other marketplaces.
- It has a 2.9% commission on sales.
30. Vintage Cash Cow
This is one of the best eBay alternatives for the listing of old items. Likewise, you can get good value for your secondhand products on Vintage Cash Cow.
- It features a free valuation of your items.
- It does not let you put up modern electronics or items.
Also Read: 13 Best Mininova Alternatives
musicMagpie is a great marketplace for the sale of old DVDs, music collections, etc. Likewise, this is an old school alternative to eBay for such items.
- It features a valuation system where all you have to do is scan the barcode.
- It has a free valuation system.
This is one of the most competitive alternatives to both eBay as well as Amazon. Although it has quite a high seller fee, it has a large user base. Rakuten is a good option for those in the UK looking for an international alternative to eBay.
- It features a seller fee of $33 per month.
- It has a commission fee of only $0.99.
Although you can sell books on eBay, a great alternative that is specialized in selling and buying books is BetterWorldBooks. This site offers access to over 30 marketplaces.
- It offers the sale of any kind of book from different categories or genres.
- All the logistics are handled by the site.
Also Read: What Happens If You Don’t Pay eBay Invoice?
This is a good eBay alternative for the sale of CDs, books, games, electronics, etc. You can simply send these items for valuation on Zapper.
- It features a valuation system that only requires the scanning of barcodes.
- It lets you recycle things that are worthless.
- How to Change Age on TikTok
- 19 Best Scanner Software for Windows 10
- 28 Best Apartment Rental Sites NYC
- 14 Best App to Find Clothes by Picture
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn what are best eBay alternatives UK. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.