We’ve all been there, right? That moment when we pull off a jaw-dropping game and just can’t wait to show it to our friends. Capturing epic victories and unforgettable moments in games is half the fun. If you’re on the hunt for an ideal tool to snag and share your best gameplay, you’re on the right page. Read on to find the best clipping software for gaming out there, making sure you never miss flaunting a feat.
Best Clipping Software for Gaming on PC
Clipping software serves as a digital instrument designed to capture specific highlights from your gaming experiences. These highlights can vary from setting a new record, or executing an impressive maneuver, to capturing breathtaking visuals within the game environment.
|Modular Dock UI makes rearrangement of layout easier
|macOS, Windows, Linux
|NVIDIA GeForce Experience
|Nvidia’s Shadowplay enables manual recording and instant replay
|Xbox Game Bar
|Facilitates on-the-fly game screenshots, lets you tweak in-game audio settings
|Uses AI to capture game-specific highlights based on shout and laughter detection
|Records in MP4 (H.264/AVC) and enables live streaming on Twitch.tv, YouTube
Many gamers and professionals use OBS Studio. one of the best open-source video recording, live streaming, and clipping software even for low-end PCs. It is available on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Real-time video and audio capturing and mixing
- Configure video settings such as resolution, frame rate, and bitrate
- Scene-based system allows users to set up multiple scenes with different sources such as window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, and more.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes and switch between them effortlessly
- Audio mixer with audio filters such as noise impression, gate, and control audio levels for individual sources
- Modular Dock UI allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like.
- Studio Mode lets you preview scenes before switching them live.
Developed by NVIDIA, GeForce Experience, formerly ShadowPlay is a competent game recording software that allows you to capture, share, and stream videos, screenshots, and live content. It also captures content at the resolution matching your display; hence, if you’re using a 4K monitor, your recordings will also boast 4K quality.
- Instant Replay lets you save the last 30 seconds of your gameplay by simply pressing a key, even if you aren’t recording actively at that time
- NVIDIA Highlights automatically capture key moments, clutch kills, and match-winning plays
- GeForce Experience makes broadcasting your favorite games fast and easy with just two clicks
- Create up to a 15-second GIF from your favorite ShadowPlay video, add text, and upload it to Google, Facebook, or Weibo with a single click
If you’re seeking integrated and free game clipping software within your PC, all you need is to enable the Xbox Game Bar. You can stream your gameplay live to platforms like Twitch and YouTube directly from it.
- Capture screenshots and record video clips of your gameplay
- Tweak game audio settings, including volume levels for games and other applications easily
- Connect with your Xbox friends and Monitor current player counts for their game
- View real-time performance metrics such as CPU, GPU, and RAM usage
- Voice and text chat feature lets you interact while playing
4. POWDER PC
Powder PC integrates the capabilities of AI to detect and record your game-specific moments such as kills, victories, & assists, and create short montages using those clips. It monitors your gameplay in real-time, detects in-game achievements, and captures them.
- Presently the clipping software supports over 40 popular games including Valorant and Fortnite
- Powder PC comes with AI tools that can detect shouting and laughter during a stream based on which it can record clips in the background
- Speech-to-text feature provides creators with a transcript of their streams
- You can manually clip or record a full session as well
- Makes it easy to create montages with a click
Also Read: How to Download Powder PC Recorder App
Action! is known for its ability to capture high-quality video recordings of gameplay on low-end PCs. One smart feature that sets it apart is that it can be remotely controlled via an Android app. So, you can do a quick recording and tweak audio settings even when you are away from your computer.
- Supports hardware acceleration that uses GPU to improve video capturing
- Allows you to live stream your gameplay on Twitch.tv, YouTube, Ustream, and more
- Video recording starts directly to MP4 (H.264/AVC) and can record smooth HD clips at up to 120fps
- Benchmarking tool allows users to measure and display system performance during a session
- Timeshift recording can capture unexpected game highlights
- Greenscreen Mode can remove the background from the webcam feed during live streaming
XSplit Gamecaster stands as a prominent software for recording and clipping gaming sessions, designed especially for gamers and creators. While it is known for its user-friendly interface, it can easily integrate with Twitch and automatically adjusts recording settings based on the PC’s specifications.
- Layout Wizard helps you build multiple professional scenes
- With multistreaming capabilities, you can stream on YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and many more
- Captures from various sources including games, applications, and webcams
- In-game Heads-Up Display provides quick access to important features, so you can control the stream without exiting the game
- Intuitive audio management system
- Other features include picture-in-picture mode, watermarking, and video annotations
Bandicam stands out for its use of hardware acceleration which captures high-definition videos without compromising game performance. Many creators and streamers use it to create video tutorials, record live streams, and gameplay footage as it can either record the entire screen or its specific areas
- Supports recordings up to 4K UHD and 480 FPS while efficiently managing storage requirements
- Capture audio from multiple devices, and save these tracks as individual WAV files
- Record with external video devices such as a webcam, Xbox/PlayStation, smartphone, IPTV, and more
- Customizable video resolution, frame rate, and quality
Also Read: 17 Best Free Screen Recorders for PC
For gamers like you keen on showcasing their gameplay moments to friends or audiences, Medal. TV is an ideal game clipping tool. You can easily capture and share short game clips without needing to manually edit them. It offers both a web version and a desktop application.
- Incorporate audio commentary, captions, and diverse video effects
- Make your clips into trends with meme templates, gifs, and stickers
- Easily clip, trim, edit, add effects, and share with your friends in seconds
FBX allows you to record gameplay footage from your PC and snap high-quality images of standout moments to share with your friends. You do not need to record everything. Rather, with just a single hotkey activation, you can capture specific moments in your session.
- Trim and edit your footage add GIFs, animated stickers, sound effects, and many other elements
- Supports live streaming on multiple platforms
- Write your captions and change font, color, and size
- Records in the background without affecting the game
FRAPS has been a notable screen recording application known to capture real-time video from DirectX and OpenGL games. Moreover, you can take screenshots in various image formats with a single key press. However, with the free version, there are limitations such as a watermark on the video or pre-defined maximum recording time.
- Manually adjust the frame rate, ranging from 30 to 120 FPS, video resolution, and hotkeys
- Benchmarking tool measures the FPS during gameplay and can also record the same in real-time
- Allows you to record external sounds as well as game audio
- Record videos are split into manageable file sizes at around 4GB each
- Loop buffer recording mode lets you save the last specified number of minutes of a gameplay
Also Read: 18 Best Free Cloud Gaming Apps
DemoCreator by Wondershare serves both as a screen recorder and a video editor. It enables you to capture screen activity, audio, and webcam footage and also provides you with annotation tools for added clarity. No doubt it serves best for educators, freelancers, and professionals.
- Boasts features like green screen effects, transitions, and a rich collection of video effects
- Transform the text into various voiceovers
- Add or remove cursor effects on the fly during recording to capture your audience’s attention.
- Can automatically record your screen at scheduled times.
- AI-powered tools such as Noise Reducer, Voice Changer, Portrait Enhancer, Speech-to-text converter
Dxtory is packed with tons of recording features. It captures video in a lossless format. You have the flexibility to record both game audio and microphone input simultaneously. Additionally, it offers customization options for video codecs, frame rates ranging from 10 to 120 FPS, as well as settings related to sources, dimensions, and formats.
VideoProc is a video editing software program for macOS that lets you record in 3 modes on your desktop with voiceover, webcam, or both simultaneously in picture-in-picture mode. You can add subtitles, watermarks, and effects, and also balance shaky clips. Moreover, you can easily apply the chroma key for the webcam overlay, remove your background, and create a virtual trip, office, or room for your live recordings.
D3DGear allows you to capture screen and gameplay in crisp 1440p resolution without compromising video quality. It also offers an intuitive interface, so you can initiate and conclude recording sessions easily with start and stop buttons. You get a 15-day trial version after which you can upgrade to the full version at $29.85.
Whether you’re gaming on a mobile device or desktop, ScreenPal clipping software offers easy editing tools and even provides access to stock footage. It lets you quickly capture part of your screen, a window, or a full screen, and then mark it up with arrows, text, highlights, and more. You can create screencast videos, add overlays, and go further with animations and effects.
Whether you prefer full-screen or selective region recording, EaseUS RecExperts has tons of customizable options to match your needs. You can automate game recordings by setting start times, and all of it is directly stored on the device. It has advanced capabilities to capture recordings from your screen and webcam and also audio for both system sound and microphone inputs.
RAV.AI uses artificial intelligence to identify and clip high-action moments in your gameplay. One of the most popular features of Rav.AI is the ability to edit a video using another video as an inspiration. You can even resubmit revisions with comments until you are completely satisfied. Once done, you can easily export the file and directly share it on social media platforms.
Gecata by Movavi provides gamers with an easy and seamless approach to capture and stream gameplay. With its specialized game mode, it automatically starts recording the moment your gaming session begins. Additionally, its setup promotes effortless live streaming directly to platforms like Twitch.
19. Opus Clip
Opus Clip is a clipping tool tailored for low-end PCs. Simply input a YouTube link, and it performs well with content heavy on dialogue, such as podcasts, educational content, reviews, and inspirational talks. The tool offers language support in English, German, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
20. Spikes Studio
Spikes Studio emerges as an all-in-one tool for gaming creators aiming to create extensive clips and share them on platforms such as YouTube, TikTok, and Reels. With its robust AI editor, complete with auto-captions and additional features, it will enhance your presence and influence across social media platforms.
Factors to Consider While Choosing Clipping Software
Here are a few points that you should check when opting for clipping software for gaming:
- Easy to use with no to a minimal learning curve
- Works well with the gaming device, whether a PC, console, or smartphone
- Captures clear and high-quality clips as low-quality can spoil the fun for viewers
- Lets you easily share your clips on different platforms or save them for later use
- Some software are free, while others come with a price tag. Consider what features you need and if it’s worth paying for them.
Clipping software for gaming is an indispensable asset for those who play, create content, and aim to build a community. We hope our blog helped you find the perfect one according to your requirements. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section. Stay tuned to Techcult for more software suggestions.