Discord has become a popular communication platform used by many for voice, video, and text communication. However, some users may want to take their communication experience to the next level by adding video effects, overlays, or a personalized touch. OBS Virtual Camera is free software that allows users to do just that. In this article, you will learn how to use OBS Virtual Camera on Discord.
Table of Contents
How To Use OBS Virtual Camera on Discord
Experienced Discord users understand the value of using virtual camera to make their videos look better. OBS works smoothly with Discord, and it’s easy to use. However, it is important to note that you must first set it up on your PC to use it. Keep reading to learn about OBS Virtual Camera setup as well as its use on Discord.
How to Set Up OBS Virtual Camera
Before using the software, you must learn to setup OBS Virtual Camera for Discord. Follow the step-by-step guide below for that:
1. Download and install OBS Studio from the official website.
2. Open OBS Studio.
3. Locate the Sources box at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click on the plus sign within the box.
5. Click on the Video Capture Device option.
6. Select the OBS Virtual Camera and click OK.
7. Select Start Virtual Camera at the lower right of the screen to activate the OBS Virtual Camera.
That is all you have to know to set up OBS Virtual Camera on your computer.
Also Read: How to Mute Discord on OBS
Method 1: How to Use it On Windows PC
This method involves using OBS on Discord PC application:
1. Open Discord on the PC and click on the settings icon at the bottom left.
2. Go to the left navigation and click on the Voice & Video option.
3. Go down to Video Settings and click on the Test Video option.
4. In the Camera section, click on the OBS Virtual Camera option.
You can now use OBS Virtual Camera on your Discord app. The steps above are for systems running on Windows. If you are someone who is a macOS user, then the steps for using OBs Virtual Camera are different.
Method 2: How to Use it On your Mac
You can learn the steps of using the OBS Virtual Camera on the Discord app on Mac below.
1. Open Discord and click on the Start Virtual Camera option.
2. Navigate to the Discord settings and select the Voice & Video option.
3. Go to the Video settings and click on Test Video.
4. Click on Camera and select OBS Virtual Camera as the source camera for Discord.
How to Disable OBS Virtual Camera on Discord
You can either disable OBS Virtual Camera from within Discord or from the OBS Studio program. To do this, you can follow the steps below on your Discord app.
Method 1: How to Turn it Off using Discord App
The first method includes using Discord to disable the virtual camera:
1. Open Discord and go to the voice or video call where OBS Virtual Camera is enabled.
2. Click on the gear icon to access the settings.
3. Under the Video settings, select a different camera from the Camera dropdown menu.
Also Read: How to Record Discord Audio With OBS
Method 2: How to Turn it Off Using OBS Studio
Another way to disable the virtual camera is by using OBS Studio:
1. Open OBS Studio.
2. Go to the Controls section at the bottom.
3. Click on the Stop Virtual Camera button.
Note: If you want to use the OBS Virtual Camera again, you will need to start it in OBS Studio and select it as your camera in the Discord video settings.
Features and Benefits of OBS
- This open-source software that serves the dual purpose of video recording and live streaming.
- It allows its users to capture and combine audio and video from various sources such as webcams, microphones, desktop screens, and other external devices.
- One of OBS’s notable attributes is its customizable nature, offering users the freedom to tailor the software to their preferences.
- This includes designing custom scenes and layouts, adding graphics and text overlays, and adjusting audio and video settings to meet their unique needs.
- In addition, OBS supports a vast range of plugins and extensions, enabling users to incorporate additional features and functionalities into the software.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily learn how to use OBS virtual camera on Discord and start using it in your meetings or conversations. Remember to experiment with different settings and features to find what works best for you. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.