Adobe After Effects is a video editing and visual effects program that allows you to make spectacular films. It is commonly utilized in the filmmaking production process. After Effects offers high-quality virtual effects, and this application makes it simple to delete aspects from a movie. The legendary software, however, isn’t for everyone because of its steep learning curve, expensive cost, sophisticated interface, and demanding technology requirements. If you’re on the fence regarding Adobe After Effects, it might be difficult to decide with so many alternatives available. This is a handpicked list of best free After Effects alternative. Both open-source and commercial software are included in the list.
Table of Contents
- 20 Best After Effects Alternatives
- 1. Wondershare Filmora
- 2. Wax
- 3. HitFilm
- 4. Blender
- 5. Natron
- 6. Blackmagic Fusion
- 7. DaVinci Resolve
- 8. Cavalry
- 9. Lightworks
- 10. Openshot
- 11. Apple Motion
- 12. Eyeon Fusion
- 13. Nuke
- 14. Autodesk Smoke
- 15. Procreate
- 16. CreateStudio
- 17. Vegas Pro
- 18. Corel VideoStudio 2020
- 19. Animoto
- 20. Techsmith Camtasia Studio
20 Best After Effects Alternatives
Here is the list of best free After Effects alternative.
If you find Adobe After Effects to be too difficult to use, Filmora is the best after effects alternative.
- Applying effects and filters to films in Filmora is quite straightforward and results in a dramatic change in the video’s appearance.
- Green backgrounds may be added to your films, and Filmora allows you to layer photos on top of one other.
- There are over 100 well-organized effects settings in Filmora.
- More control over video effects, such as 360-degree films, keying, lighting and flares, sharpening, and so on.
- From the inner preset in Filmora, you can create animated titles and credits.
- You may also utilize matte cleaner, stylize, or motion trails in a more natural approach to produce natural effects.
- In addition, if you want to create excellent, award-winning effects with simple features, Filmora enables infinite video tracks and auto audio sync.
- Free alternative to After Effects do not have all of the effects. The Filmora Pro plan, on the other hand, comes with a lot more sophisticated capabilities and is cheaper.
- It runs on both Windows and Mac OSX.
- Nothing can stop you in this race if you provide high-quality films with outstanding content where people can learn and interact.
Wax is a lightweight After Effects replacement that is also a completely free alternative to After Effects.
- With Wax’s transition and plug-in SDK feature, you can add additional plug-ins, and there are hundreds of built-in presets to utilize.
- You may use Wax to handle compositing and special effects similar to After Effects.
- This free alternative program may be used as a standalone application or as a plug-in for other programs such as Sony Vegas.
- DirectX plug-ins, Windows Movie Maker presets, and VirtualDub filters may all be used as Wax plug-ins using the plug-in adaptor.
- Real-time or near-real-time 2D and 3D effects are available on most graphics cards.
- It’s simple to use and has a lot of capability when it comes to video creation and modification.
- It also has an infinite number of audio tracks and top-down video production.
- It accepts input video formats like wav and avi, as well as common picture formats including png, bmp, jpeg, tiff, and tga.
- It also accepts.ico icons and Photoshop files in.psd format.
- It also supports mpeg, flash, avi, wav, and all standard picture formats as output formats.
- Graphics acceleration is also included for enhanced effects.
- Wax is a versatile and strong product that is ideal for both home users and experts.
Also Read: 28 Best Free Photo Editing Software for PC
HitFilm is a video editor, compositor, and visual effects program in one.
- It has a sophisticated multi-core and GPU-accelerated architecture that allows you to create high-speed effects.
- It also supports a variety of export formats that are tailored to certain needs, such as social network postings.
- It includes over 500 video effects with which you may create effects such as flashes, explosions, and more.
- It can auto-sync speech or audio recordings from a variety of sources, including a camera or a portable microphone.
- It includes an active HitFilm forum to help you with any issues you may have.
- It also facilitates the difficult procedure in Adobe After Effects while in HitFilm.
- It also comes with several effects that make it simple and quick to create Hollywood-style videos.
- It’s incredibly easy to use, and you can do a lot more with it than you could with most earlier editing applications.
- Background audio, watermarks, and other elements may all be added and edited.
- Slow motion, title changes, and camera motions are all excellent elements.
Blender is a free and open-source tool that may be used to create animated visuals, 3D artwork, visual effects, interactive 3D apps, and video games, similar to Adobe After Effects.
- Blender was created specifically for creating animation effects that support a wide range of visual effects, including modeling, sculpting, visual effects, and drawings.
- It includes an open-source 3D creator as well as a photo-realistic renderer.
- Video editing, UV unwrapping, texturing, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation, animation, and compositing are all elements of Blender.
- It has a variety of rendering options, including Eevee and Cycles.
- It also generates fresh versions regularly, which inspires rigging and tracking innovations.
- In comparison to other applications, the preview window has one of the quickest rendering engines.
- It features an inbuilt user library that covers the complete pipeline and is basic yet strong in animations.
Also Read: 6 Best Free Alternatives to Windows for Advanced Users
Natron is a cross-platform visual effects creator with an incredible collection of over 250 plug-ins created by users all around the world.
- For people who wish to personalize the features or interface of what they’re working on, Natron is an open-source Adobe After Effects competitor.
- You won’t have to worry about cross-platform issues because the interface will be the same on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It has the same shortcuts as Nuke and requires very little learning.
- Natron can quickly produce a large number of layers of masks, mattes, and shapes for use in effects.
- It also features GPU rendering for further acceleration, as well as community-shared plug-ins.
- It has enough nodes to handle your daily graphics as well as your film compositing needs.
6. Blackmagic Fusion
Blackmagic is a 3D compositing environment that includes lighting and camera-casted shadows. It is one of best free After Effects alternative.
- You may import 3D models from Maya, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, and other programs, as well as render them to different formats and resolutions in a single pass.
- It’s a terrific choice for any devoted visual effects artist, with a large range of tools for visual effects, motion graphics, and color correction.
- In an animation context, it allows 3D and 360-degree workstations, as well as 2D and 3D compositing.
- You’ll also have access to a two-level proxy system for quick interactive responses, as well as the ability to mix and match material from various resolutions, aspect ratios, and formats inside a single project.
- Visual effects and digital compositing are frequently created with Blackmagic Fusion in professional commercials, TV programs, and feature films.
- Fusion is available for free in DaVinci Resolve or as a full-featured premium version in Fusion Studio.
- It’s a node-based architecture that provides a lot of versatility.
- If you’ve never used a node-based editor before, you’ll need patience and time to become used to it.
Also Read: 15 Best Free Windows 10 Themes
7. DaVinci Resolve
One of best free After Effects alternative is DaVinci Resolve.
- 2D and 3D composition, rich visual effects, color correction, and GPU acceleration will all be available.
- Overall, DaVinci Resolve claims to be the only software that combines video editing, motion graphics, color coding, and audio processing into a single application.
- The application offers cutting-edge features, but it takes some getting accustomed to because it deviates from standard video interface and workflow practices.
- DaVinci Resolve does not employ layers like Adobe After Effects, instead of relying on nodes for compositing and visual effects.
- The commercial version, Fusion 17, contains additional render capabilities.
- It’s been seen in large-budget films including Avatar, Deadpool, and Dark Phoenix.
- You can expect top-of-the-line VR, motion graphics, totoscope, titling, and keying.
- It’s a tremendously capable professional video production application that includes editing, keyframing, color grading, and all of the audio capabilities you could need.
With its robust integrated plug-in, snappy real-time interface, and Google Sheet data import capability, Cavalry is a breeze to use.
- It also includes strong versioning features and rapid viewport rendering to accommodate large projects.
- Cavalry focuses on straightforward techniques for non-keyframe animation, replacing Adobe After Effects’ layered complexity with accessible built-in procedurals.
- Because composting takes place on the GPU, most things happen in real-time without the need for caching, which is a significant benefit.
- Rig Control, Lottie Export, Color Palettes, Magic Easing, Sound, Quadtree, and Connect Shapes are some of the other incorporated plug-ins.
- You may use supported formats including apng, png, jpeg, quicktime, svg, and webm with file rendering exports.
- Cavalry’s ease of use will appeal to the majority of users.
- It features a timeline at the bottom with layers and keyframes. With Cavalry, you can make a 2D animation masterpiece.
- The integration of Rubberhose, which allows you to effortlessly animate a character’s arms and legs, is one of the most popular features among consumers.
- Cavalry, like After Effects, can be used as a graph editor to control and adjust your animation pace.
Also Read: 19 Best Free GIF Editor
Another one of best free After Effects alternative is Lightworks. It offers advanced video editing, keyframing, and exporting to YouTube and Vimeo, as well as the VFX Instant Preview feature.
- Since 1989, Lightworks has been a professional video editing program on the market.
- This application has a variety of editing options for creating engaging videos.
- It features a fantastic set of tools for making your films seem polished and professional.
- However, until you import a DaVinci Fusion project, you won’t be able to create high-quality motion graphics or 2D animations.
- Lightworks is a great place to start if you’re new to video editing.
- Films like Pulp Fiction, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Bruce Almighty have all used Lightworks.
- Color correction, Chroma keys, and Boris FX plug-ins will all be available for video control.
- Fusion compositor, Blend modes, Pond5 Search Integrated, and second monitor output are also included.
- When it comes to video editing, it’s no surprise that Lightworks is an excellent option.
Openshot is simple to use and navigate, with a large number of transitions, animated titles powered by Blender, and VFX Instant Preview.
- It comes with all of the necessary editing tools to help you organize and edit your films easily.
- Openshot allows you to import a wide range of data, including photographs, music files, and movies in various formats.
- You can edit films considerably faster with Openshot than with Adobe After Effects, but you won’t be able to make 2D and 3D animations or motion graphics.
- Openshot is a fantastic cross-platform video editor that’s easy to use for those of you who need to edit a movie fast for YouTube or other personal films.
- Video effects, limitless tracks, a simple user interface, and dynamic title designs are just a few of the highlights.
- It also enables the import and export of projects, as well as a variety of transitions, audio mixing, and output video formats such as avi, flv, mkv, mov, mp4, mpeg, ogg, and webm.
Also Read: How to Change Highlight Color in Adobe Acrobat Reader
11. Apple Motion
Apple Motion creates high-quality effects at all levels of video editing. It is also one of best free After Effects alternative.
- You may save your work at any moment and then begin editing with its quick editing experience.
- You may also use its filters and drag and drop ability to make your desired effects pop out the screen and change your works of art.
- Apple Motion is by far the most user-friendly program for creating high-quality motion graphics with minimal effort.
- The default settings are also extremely basic, so when you’re ready to take your visuals to the next level, you may go much further into advanced options.
- Motion, like Adobe After Effects, is a motion graphics and compositing tool that allows you to create spectacular animations in a 2D or 3D space.
- Final Cut Pro allows you to create stunning titles, transitions, and effects (a video editing application also developed by Apple).
- Motion, unlike After Effects, provides real-time input.
- To see your work, you don’t need to render it.
- Furthermore, Apple Motion has more than 200 filters to choose from.
12. Eyeon Fusion
Eyeon Fusion is a Blackmagic Design product, you may use it to create visual effects.
- It is also a professional film-making business maker.
- Fusion is a more complex video compositing program than Adobe After Effects.
- It’s commonly used in movies, HD, and commercials to produce visual effects and digital compositing.
- With its freeform tool, Eyeon Fusion is ideal for roughing out what would otherwise be exceedingly complicated surfaces, as well as developing ergonomic shapes such as handles.
- The business concept of Eyeon Fusion is without a doubt one of its greatest aspects.
- It allows you to work in a high-level compositing environment while also allowing you to apply its technologies to low-budget projects.
- On a technological level, Fusion’s 3D capabilities, deep channels, and scripts are undeniably advantageous.
- It gives compositors looking for a cost-effective solution a new level of creative flexibility.
Also Read: How to Identify a Font from an Image
To create realistic effects, Nuke, NukeX, and Nuke Studio operate in tandem. It is one of best free After Effects alternative.
- You may even use it to try your hand at a virtual reality project.
- Nuke is similar to Adobe After Effects in terms of compositing and visual effects.
- It can also handle hefty shots with ease, and once you get the hang of it, it’s extremely procedural and simple to grasp.
- It’s also reassuring to know that Nuke is continually being updated and improved, with a vast community developing plug-ins and gizmos to help one another.
- Because they recognize that Nuke is a specialist piece of software, Nuke artists are always happy to share their scripts, information, and more with one another.
- If you need to rapidly incorporate your final video into PowerPoint in a professional context, it’s quite simple to do.
- For business usage, you may simply interact with others because it comes with a toolbox that allows you to create effects from anywhere.
- It also has multi-channel processing, which allows it to be customized. It may be used to make movie effects or for personal projects.
- Nuke’s node-based architecture is a major improvement over layer-based applications like After Effects.
14. Autodesk Smoke
Autodesk Smoke allows you to create animated 3D text and titles. It is one of best After Effects alternative
- It also appropriately compares FCP X to Adobe After Effects in timeline-based editing.
- Autodesk Smoke is a professional editor like Adobe After Effects so, you’ll need extra time to learn how to use it.
- You can create effects without leaving the timeline.
- In an interactive 3D workspace, Autodesk also incorporates keying, tracking, transformation, deformation, lighting, and shading capabilities.
- You may also import 3D geometry and use bevels, textures, and per-character motion controls to create dynamic 3D titles.
- Autodesk Smoke now has better XML support, which allows for more precise translation of speed adjustments, timeline effects, and interoperability.
- It’s also possible to create 3D text effects.
- Smoke also aids studio efficiency by merging editing procedures with node-based compositing tools in a timeline-centered editing environment.
- Use an easy-to-use, track-based, non-linear editing workflow with powerful visual FX tools to focus your creative work.
- Connect FX may be accessed straight from the timeline, allowing you to build intricate effects without ever leaving the timeline.
Also Read: How to Convert Image to Grayscale Paint
You can make frame-by-frame animations and time-lapse recordings using Procreate.
- You’ll also get the opportunity to work with paint and drawings, as well as hand-drawn tools and blend frames.
- The best aspect is that you can quickly prepare your layers or movie and import them into a motion graphics program.
- Procreate is a must-have program for creating clean hand-drawn graphics, rather than a direct replacement for Adobe After Effects.
- Its animation feature is also ideal for novices, simple animations, or artists who wish to try their hand at animating their work.
- Procreate is an art program with a sophisticated animation function that allows you to let your creativity run wild.
- You may time-lapse record your whole stroke from start to finish, which is ideal for making an animation.
- Procreate is a fantastic piece of software for illustrators and traditional hand-drawing artists.
- Procreate offers a significant edge over Adobe After Effects when it comes to creating frame-by-frame animations.
- It mixes the artist’s style and the art’s intricacy with frame-by-frame animation.
CreateStudio includes pre-made doodle animations as well as the ability to make social media video advertisements.
- It’s also excellent for generating explanation films and scroll-stopping video adverts.
- CreateStudio is an animation tool that lets you make films for a variety of marketing purposes.
- It’s also a program that doesn’t require any prior animation knowledge, allowing both beginners and professionals to create rapid and appealing films with ease.
- CreateStudio deserves a lot of recognition since creating the same type of 3D character animation in Adobe After Effects would require a lot of skill and understanding.
- You can create everything from social media video advertising to vertical Instagram stories to traditional sales and explainer films fast and efficiently.
- Pre-built layouts, animations, transitions, and video editing are just a few of the capabilities available in CreateStudio.
- You may also use pre-made animated 2D and 3D characters, as well as voiceovers or audio.
- You can build the most amazing films on the block with its SVG import, one-click animation, vector shape library, and Kinetic typography.
Also Read: How to Extract Frames from Video in Windows 10
17. Vegas Pro
Vegas Pro has a particle generator, 800 transitional effects, color correction, and sound forge integration. It is also one of best free After Effects alternative.
- For video creation, Vegas is a set of creative tools that is quick, professional, and efficient.
- It genuinely gives your editing and post-production a whole new degree of creative flexibility.
- Vegas Pro also produces fantastic results, allowing everyone from novices to specialists to concentrate only on their ideas.
- There are several video effects available in Vegas that may be utilized to create a fantastic video.
- However, compared to Vegas, Lightworks, Nuke, or Filmora, the editing is still lacking.
- Keep in mind that there are four distinct Vegas versions to choose from if you’re not sure which one is right for you.
18. Corel VideoStudio 2020
For precise 360-degree video editing, Corel VideoStudio 2020 provides small planet and rabbit hole effects.
- It transforms 360-degree footage into conventional films and executes difficult graphics tasks without taxing the hardware.
- It’s also user-friendly for beginners, with lessons and help.
- For 360-degree movies, Corel VideoStudio 2020 is a well-balanced consumer video editing and effects package.
- 4K resolution editing, extensive color grading, multipoint motion tracking, video text masking, transitions, and more are all available to you.
- Users are particularly impressed by the number of transition options offered, which allows them to create films without worrying about their quality.
- Audio editing has also been lauded for being easy to use, with the overlaying and synchronization to films being a straightforward procedure.
Also Read: How to Photoshop Convert to RGB
Animoto includes a lot of capabilities and a user interface that is easy to use. It is another one of best free After Effects alternative.
- In less time, users may produce films using images and video clips.
- This program is simple enough for even novices to use.
- You may upload video and photo clips to Animoto, or select from a collection of stock Getty Images.
- One of the things that people like is the ease with which your films can be shared with others.
- You may also maintain things professional by promoting your goods in less time and with a more appealing presentation.
- The only expertise required by this program is imagination.
- It also has an excellent music and effects collection and requires less RAM.
- Animoto is one of the greatest movie-making programs available, with pre-made templates to get you started.
- It allows you to create videos for important occasions, such as birthday celebrations.
- You may use this tool to create a slideshow with a customized story.
- You may also make a video picture book and share it on social media.
Also Read: 26 Best 3D Modeling Software
20. Techsmith Camtasia Studio
Camtasia Studio is a desktop application that allows you to capture and edit high-quality audio and video.
- It comes with a library of ready-to-use animations that may be simply tweaked.
- The variety of eye-catching tiles, annotations, and callouts will appeal to you.
- Camtasia Studio is a video editor that helps you produce professional-looking films quickly and easily.
- They also feature a lot of useful options and tools for video editing, both for those who are just getting started and for those who are more accomplished.
- Each tool in Camtasia is quite intuitive since it corresponds to the dragging and dropping of your files on an editing line.
- Meetings, how-to videos, YouTube videos, and demo videos may all be recorded using this program.
- You’ll be able to zoom in, zoom out, and pan around the screen.
- You may also include quiz questions and interactivity to assess how well your video helped you learn.
- You may also record and import your presentations using Camtasia Studio.
- It accomplishes this while also delivering a diverse selection of music and sound effects to enhance your presentations even more.
- How to Install SuperRepo on Kodi
- 25 Best Adobe Premiere Pro Free Alternatives
- Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
- 30 Best Beginner CAD Software
So, these were some of best After Effects alternatives provided to you to read and choose. Keep visiting our page for more cool tips & tricks, and leave your comments below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.