As the saying goes, Words have power. On Facebook, where billions of words are exchanged daily, understanding who can see your comments is important for responsible online engagement. This knowledge helps you protect your privacy, shape your online image, and ensure your words reach the intended audience. Hence, this article will clear your query regarding who can see your comments along with likes on Facebook pages, posts, as well as Live streams.
Who Can See My Comments on Facebook?
It depends. The visibility of your comments as well as likes on Facebook depends on the privacy settings of the post. The Facebook comments can be seen by various audiences, including your friends, friends of friends, or the public, depending on the post’s or Live stream’s privacy settings.
The comment visibility on Facebook helps you protect your privacy, particularly if you’re talking about delicate subjects or sharing personal thoughts. In those cases, you don’t want strangers or acquaintances to stumble onto your remarks. It also promotes a friendlier and more real online environment. Open and honest talks are encouraged when you are confident that the persons you intended your remarks for will see them.
Also Read: What is Comment Ranking on Facebook?
Can I Control Who Sees My Comments on Facebook?
Yes, but it has some limitations. You can control who sees your comments on Facebook for your own post, as Facebook provides endless privacy settings for that. But you can’t really control who sees your comment on a public post or someone’s else post.
How to Change Who Can See My Comments on Facebook?
You have little control over who sees your comments when you leave them on someone else’s post. Your two choices are:
- Refrain from leaving comments on posts that are open to the public
- Edit a previously added comment if the privacy settings of that post allow you to do it
Any of these things you can do to control who sees your comments among your friends on Facebook posts, pages, and Live streams.
However, you have control over the privacy settings of your own Facebook posts. There are two ways to make the changes in the privacy settings.
Method 1: Change Facebook Privacy Settings
Unless you modify it while posting, the privacy option will be the same for every post you make. Follow the upcoming steps to do this:
1. Visit the Facebook website and Log in to your account by providing the required credentials.
2. Click on your profile photo from the top-right corner.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose Settings & privacy.
4. Then, select Settings.
5. From the left pane, click on Privacy.
6. From the Your activity section, scroll down to the Who can see your future posts? field and control who can see your Facebook posts as well as comment on them.
7. Expand the drop-down option and select the desired visibility option. You can select from:
- Friends except
- Only me
- Specific friends
Method 2: Modify While Posting
In the pop-up sharing window that appears whenever you write or share a post on Facebook, you may specify who should see and comment on it. You can alter it as follows:
1. Navigate to your Facebook account and click on the What’s on your mind bar.
2. Enter your desired status or post text in the given text box.
3. Access the drop-down menu.
4. Select the desired option and click on Post.
Only the viewers that you’ve chosen will be able to see that particular post. The original privacy settings will remain in effect for all of your other posts.
Have you understood who can see your comments on Facebook with the help of this guide? If yes, you can now navigate this social media platform more confidently. If you have any more questions or need further guidance on Facebook, feel free to ask via the comments section. Also, stay tuned to our website for more insightful articles!