Facebook’s tagging feature enables users to engage with each other and share content seamlessly. However, there are instances when you need to disassociate yourself from certain post comments or avoid unnecessary notifications. In this article, we will guide you through how to untag yourself from a Facebook comment, enabling you to remove tags you no longer wish to be associated with.
Table of Contents
How to Untag Yourself from a Facebook Comment
If someone tags you in a post or comment in this format @[your FB username], you can easily remove this tag without notifying anyone. Once you remove the tag from a comment, your Facebook profile link will be eliminated, leaving only your name displayed in the comment. Facebook empowers every user with the authority to manage their tags on posts and comments.
If you find yourself tagged in someone’s post or comment and wish to remove it, follow these steps to untag yourself from a Facebook comment on a PC:
1. Visit the Facebook website and Log in to your account by providing the required credentials.
2. Click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the Settings & privacy option.
4. Click on the Activity log from the Settings and privacy section.
5. Click on the Your activity across Facebook option from the left pane.
6. Click on Activity you’re tagged in > Posts and comments you’re tagged in.
7. Select the desired comment mentions to select all the tagged comments.
8. Then, click on the Remove tags option to untag yourself from these Facebook comments.
9. Click on Remove Tags from the confirmation popup.
How to Untag Yourself from Facebook Comments on Android?
If you don’t like a comment or a post where you were tagged on the Facebook app, you have the option to remove yourself from it. You can choose to remove tags from a specific comment or all comments. In this section, we will guide you on how to untag yourself from comments on Facebook using your Android device.
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the Hamburger menu icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon.
4. Swipe down to the Your activity section and tap on the Activity log option.
5. Tap on the Public tags option, as shown below.
6. Select the desired mentions or tags from this list by marking the checkboxes for them.
7. Then, tap Remove Tags from the bottom of the screen to untag yourself from these Facebook comments.
8. Tap on the Remove tags option from the prompt to confirm the action.
9. Enter your Facebook account password and tap on SUBMIT to remove all tags from the selected comments.
Also Read: How to Report a Comment on Facebook
Does a User Gets Notified When You Remove a Tag from Facebook Comments?
No, when you remove a tag from a comment on Facebook, the user who originally tagged you will not receive a notification about it. Removing a tag is a personal choice that grants you control over your online presence and the content associated with you.
With this method, we have clarified the process of how to untag yourself from a Facebook comment on PC and Android. If you still have doubts regarding this process, let us know in the comments below. We also appreciate your suggestions for future articles. Stay tuned!