Microsoft Word has one of the most robust word typing, formatting, and editing tools. Likewise, it is a popular go-to program for writers as well as for documentation. There can be quite a steep learning curve for new users who are not familiar with the program. The number of elements, as well as tools that are available to you, can be overwhelming. A very important tool that all active Microsoft Word users utilize is a Page Break. Some users may not know what is Page Break in Word. A Page Break simply refers to the market tool that you can use to end a page and start a new one in Word. After finding out what a Page Break is, you may also be having questions such as where is page break in Microsoft Word. Fortunately, this article has got you covered on all the information you need regarding Page Break in Word and types of Page Break.
Table of Contents
- What is Page Break in Microsoft Word?
- Where is Page Break in Microsoft Word?
- What is the Main Function of Page Break?
- What are the Types of Page Break?
- What is a Page Break Symbol in Word?
- How to Add a Page Break in a Word Document?
- How to Remove Page Break in Word?
- Why Would You Want to Remove a Page Break in Word?
What is Page Break in Microsoft Word?
You will get to know what is page break in Word further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Where is Page Break in Microsoft Word?
A Page Break in Microsoft Word is available in the Layout tab. Likewise, you can find this tool by going to this tab on the top section of Microsoft Word. For those who are unaware of what is a page Splitin Word, you can simply understand it as the tool that allows you to mark the ending of a page. It allows your documents to be more cohesive and formatted properly. Otherwise, you may have the contents on one page overlapping on the next page. And it looks very inconsistent. Therefore, page split plays a very important function. On the page, you can find the page split using the straight line at the bottom of the page. You can use this to tell where is page split in Microsoft word.
What is the Main Function of Page Break?
A Page Break in a Microsoft Word document’s main function is simply to maintain the word formatting. Likewise, it lets you ensure that all the contents on a page stay intact without affecting the entire format. In other words, it means that all your text from one will have uniform formatting. This means that the space between the pages will not change the format.
What are the Types of Page Break?
There are different types of Page Break that you can find in Word. It may be surprising to hear for some users of Word. Now, you may be asking what the difference between each Page Split would be. If this is the case, you can find out more details about the Page Split types below:
- Simple Page Break: A Simple Page Split is the most used Page Split in Microsoft Word. Likewise, it is what most people refer to when mentioning Page Split. It is the one you use to mark the end of one page before the start of the next page. It functions as a way to avoid the overlapping of content from one page to another inconsistently.
- Column Page Break: A Column break is a type of Page Break that you can use to make a column division of a document. Likewise, it allows you to make this division without changing or affecting the formatting that you used for your document. It is appropriate to use this Page Split when your Word document has more than a single column.
- Text Wrapping Page Break: A Text Wrapping Page Break refers to the Page Break in Microsoft Word that lets you end a page where this is a picture. Likewise, it allows you to retain the format and properly end a page with pictures.
Also Read: What are the Types of Breadboard?
What is a Page Break Symbol in Word?
After finding out what is page Split in Word, the next question you may be asking is how do you tell a Page Split from the tools in Microsoft Word? You can do this simply by knowing the symbol of this tool. The symbol for a Page Split is simply that of one-half of each of the two pages. On your document, you can tell the Page Break symbol in Word within the document by the words. You can find this in the center of a dashed line between pages in the document. Therefore, it is quite easy to identify Page Split in Word document.
How to Add a Page Break in a Word Document?
Let’s see the methods to add a Page Split on a Word document.
Method 1: Use Shortcut Keys
1. Open the Microsoft Word application on your PC or laptop.
2. Open the desired document in the Word app.
3. Move your cursor on the Word document and place it to the desired point where you want a Page Split.
4. Press both the Ctrl + Enter keys on your keyboard together. This will now apply a Page Split in your document.
Also Read: How to Insert Equation in Word
Method 2: Use Insert Tab
1. Move the cursor and place it on the Word document where you want to insert a Page Split.
2. Next, click on the Insert tab from the top navigation bar.
3. From the Pages section, click on the Page Break option.
Method 3: Use Layout Tab
1. Click on the Layout tab.
2. From the Page Setup section, click on the Breaks option.
3. Select the desired Page Break type.
Also Read: How to Delete a Section Break in Microsoft Word
How to Remove Page Break in Word?
After knowing how to add a Page Split, you may be wondering how you can remove it. Likewise, you may want to change the point of the document where you have a Page Split. In order to understand how to remove Page Split in Word, you can follow the steps below:
Method 1: Use Find and Replace Window
1. Press the Ctrl + H keys on your keyboard to bring up a Find and Replace window on the screen.
2. Click on the More option.
3. Click on a Special tab to bring up a list of options on the screen.
4. Now, click on the Manual Page Break.
5. After you see the ^m symbol appear in the Find what text box, click on the Replace All option to remove Page Split.
Note: Replace With field needs to be empty.
6. Finally, click on OK from the pop-up Window.
Also Read: How to Add a Page in Google Docs
Method 2: Use Delete Key on Keyboard
1. From the desired Word doc, click on the Home tab from the top menu bar.
2. Click on the Show and Hide icon from the Paragraph section.
3. Place the cursor at the center of the line with the Page Break text. Now, double-click on the Page Break to select this Page Split.
4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.
Why Would You Want to Remove a Page Break in Word?
There may be a number of reasons for wanting to remove a Page Split in a Word document.
- One of the main reasons is that you can make changes to the content of a page.
- Likewise, you may have to remove a Page Split and add a new one.
- Another reason is so that you can avoid them from placing in awkward places. Especially when you find such Page Split between lines of text that are together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the benefit of a Page Break?
Ans. The benefit of a Page Split is that it allows you to retain the formatting of your document from the previous page.
Q2. What is the Page Break shortcut key?
Ans. The Page Split shortcut key is Ctrl + Enter keys.
- How to Curve Text in Photoshop
- 29 Best Digital Note Taking Device
- 3 Ways to Remove Paragraph Symbol (¶) in Word
- How to Delete a Page in Word 2010
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn what is page break in Word and what are the types of it. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.