Snapchat has become immensely popular, especially among youngsters, because of its ease of use and various features, including interesting lenses and Snap streak. It allows users to quickly and easily send photos and videos to their friends and family and apply creative lenses and effects to their photos and videos. Snapchat also provides a feature called Recent, but what does it mean actually? If you are new to this platform, you might get confused by this indicator. So keep reading until the end to know more!
What does Recent Mean on Snapchat?
Recent on Snapchat means the group of Snapchat users you communicated with recently. These Snapchat profiles get added to the Recent list on your Snapchat app, making it easier for you to resume communication whenever you want. This feature helps to keep track of the conversations that you have had with friends and other contacts, ensuring that you will be able to find them easily when you want to pick up a conversation again. The Recent list also allows you to quickly access the recent messages that you have exchanged with someone recently and continue the conversation.
You can see the Recents list when you switch to the Chats tab and tap on the New Chat icon from the bottom right corner.
Also Read: What Does Invisible Mean on Discord?
Does Snapchat Put Random People in Your Recents?
No, Snapchat does not put random people on your recent. The people who appear in your recent are people who you have interacted with or who have interacted with you, such as:
- People you follow or who follow you
- People you have sent messages to
- People who have sent you messages
Additionally, Snapchat may suggest people you may know based on your contacts list.
Why Would Someone be in My Recents on Snapchat?
It is likely that someone is appearing in your recent on Snapchat because they have recently added you as a friend or you have recently added them as a friend. It could also be because you have recently interacted with them on the app, such as sending or receiving a message or a snap.
However, there are more aspects of it to consider let us see them one by one.
- Sent a message: One reason could be that you messaged them and it was later deleted. The interaction will remain in your recent list until you block each other.
- Responded to the story: If you see someone in your recent it could be because they might have recently responded to one of your stories. This means that they have watched one of your stories and responded to it with a reaction, comment, or direct message. If you have recently interacted with them but have not blocked them, they will still appear in your recent list.
- Recently added them: On Snapchat, it’s possible that someone you recently added as a friend or they recently added you as a friend is showing up in your recent.
- Unfriended you: If someone appears on your Recents list on Snapchat, it is likely because they have recently unfriended you or you have recently unfriended them. This could be because you sent them a message or snap, or because they responded to one of your stories.
- No interaction: Also, after understanding what is recent on Snapchat another possible reason for the recent to appear could be because you do not interact with a lot of people on the app. This means that the person may be one of the few people you have been interacting with, so they will appear in your recent list until you block them or they block you.
- Bug in app: Now, the typical reason could be that there might be a bug in the SC app. This means that there is an issue with the app, which is causing it to display incorrect information. If you are seeing someone in your recent list who you do not remember interacting with, then this could be caused by a bug.
Also Read: Why Do Some Snapchat Messages Not Disappear?
How to Clear Your Recent on Snapchat
Snapchat keeps a record of everything you do on the app, including conversations, snaps, and searches. You can clear your history by deleting your conversations, searching history, or both. On Snapchat, recent is linked to your activity on the app.
Follow the steps below on how to clear your recent on Snapchat:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Swipe down to the ACCOUNT ACTIONS section and tap on the Clear Conversations option.
5. Next, tap on the X icon next to delete the desired recent conversation.
Also Read: How to Delete Snapchat Data
What does Snapchat Streaks Mean?
Snapchat Streak is a special feature available on the Snapchat app that tracks the number of consecutive days users have sent and received a Snap from each other. When two users send each other a Snap for three consecutive days, they start a streak. The SC Streak continues as long as both users send a Snap to each other within 24 hours.
As the streak progresses, a fire emoji appears next to the friend’s name and the length of the streak is shown on the number next to the fire emoji. When a streak ends, the fire emoji disappears and the length of the streak is reset. Streaks are a fun way to keep in touch with friends and family and also encourage people to send Snaps more often.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do you look at Snapchat history?
Ans. To view your SC history, you can go to the Settings tab > My History. This will display a list of your last 200 snaps, including the date, time, and sender information. You can also view your snap history for individual users by selecting the user’s name and then selecting My History.
Q2. Why did someone disappear from my Snapchat recent?
Ans. Someone may have disappeared from your Snapchat recent if they blocked you, you blocked them, or if there is a bug in the Snapchat app.
Q3. How long do Recents stay on Snapchat?
Ans. Recents on SC are typically stored for up to 24 hours, but this can vary depending on the amount of activity in the conversation. After 24 hours, the conversation will be removed from your recent list.
- How to Get Cartoon Filter on Instagram
- What is the Role of Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Security?
- What is a Snapchat Account Portal?
- How to Clear Your Snapchat Score
The most recent snaps and chats from your friends are displayed in Snapchat’s recent feature. However, if you do not know the person on your list, you must be cautious and take the necessary precautions, such as unfriending or blocking them. So, we hope you have understood what recent means on Snapchat. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.