In the world of social media, platforms such as Facebook consistently introduce features that allow users to improve their online interactions. One such feature is the option to pin a Facebook group, an idea that might spark questions for those aiming to enhance their group experiences. Let’s understand what it means to pin or unpin a Facebook group and how to do so on your Android as well as desktop devices.
Table of Contents
What Does It Mean to Pin a Group on Facebook?
Pinning a group on Facebook means placing a particular group at the top of your list for easier access. When you pin a group, its icon and updates will show prominently at the start of the groups’ list. This makes it convenient to reach the group’s content without scrolling through a long list.
Where Do Pinned Groups Go on Facebook?
Pinned groups on FB show up at the top of the groups’ list. Pinning a group displays it prominently at the start of your list, making it easier to find groups and their content as well as updates.
How to Pin a Group on Facebook on Desktop?
Pinning a group on FB via desktop is easy and fun. Follow these steps carefully to do so and enjoy the complete Facebook experience.
1. Visit the Facebook website and Log in to your account by providing the required credentials.
2. Click on the Groups option from the left pane.
3. Locate the target group that you would like to pin and click on the down arrow icon right beside the group name.
4. Click on the three-dotted icon beside the group name.
5. Click on Pin group to pin the group on your Facebook account.
Now, you will see the pinned group displayed at the top of the pinned groups list.
Also Read: How to Pin Someone Else’s Tweet on Twitter
How to Pin a Group on Facebook on Android?
Now that you’ve learned how to pin a group on Facebook using your desktop, you’ll also discover that pinning a group on Facebook through your Android mobile app is incredibly simple! Carefully read the provided steps to ensure a successful attempt.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Hamburger menu icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Groups.
4. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap on Pinned Groups.
6. Tap on the Pin icon beside the desired group name that you want to pin on your Facebook account.
How to Unpin a Group on Facebook?
Unpinning a Facebook group involves taking it off the top spot in your group list. This way, it won’t be the first group you see when you open the Groups section. Here’s how to do it:
Method 1: On Desktop
Follow the steps mentioned below to unpin a group on Facebook via your desktop.
1. Navigate to the Facebook website and Log in to your account by providing the required credentials.
2. Click on Groups > three-dotted icon next to the desired group name.
3. Click on Unpin group.
Also Read: How to Archive a Facebook Group
Method 2: On Mobile App
To unpin a pinned Facebook group using your mobile app, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the Hamburger menu icon > Groups from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select the Settings gear icon.
4. Tap on Pinned Groups.
5. Tap on the pinned group icon to unpin that group.
Wasn’t that easy? Now you know what it means to pin a group on Facebook and how to pin as well as unpin them easily. Feel free to explore these tips and make your Facebook experience more organized. If you have any more questions or if there’s something else you’d like to learn about, convey them through comments. Until next time, happy pinning!