Facebook archive feature allows you to temporarily disable the group while keeping all the posts and members intact for anyone to read. Unfortunately, the platform has removed this feature. But don’t worry; there are still ways to take a break from your account. In this article, we will explain alternative ways to archive a Facebook group. So, let’s begin!
How to Archive a Facebook Group
If you are an admin of a page you no longer use, you have the option to either delete or archive it. If you choose to archive a group, new members won’t be able to join, and current members won’t be able to comment or make new posts. To do so, keep reading this helpful guide for step-by-step instructions!
Method 1: Archive a Facebook Group on Android
To archive a Facebook group on an Android device, follow these straightforward steps:
Note: Only the group admin can archive a group on the platform.
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on three horizontal lines from the top right corner.
2. From the All shortcuts section, tap on Groups.
3. Locate and tap on the group you want to pause.
4. Under your group name, tap on the Manage option.
5. Scroll down and tap on the Pause group option.
6. Select any reason why you want to pause this group.
7. Lastly, tap on the Continue button.
Now, your group will be paused.
Method 2: Archive a Facebook Group on PC
To archive a Facebook group on PC, follow these straightforward steps:
1. Open Facebook on your desktop and click on Groups from the left corner of the screen.
2. Under the Groups you manage section, select the group you want to pause.
3. From the right corner, click on the three dots icon.
4. Now, a list of options will appear. Select Pause group.
5. Select the reason why you want to pause this group and click on Continue.
Once done, your group will be paused.
Is Pausing a Facebook Group the Same as Archiving?
Yes, pausing a Facebook group is essentially the same as archiving it. Both the archive and pause features serve to temporarily disable the group and prevent members from creating new posts, as well as liking or commenting on any existing group posts. When a group is paused it will remain searchable, and reversible.
With a paused group, you have the option to set it to automatically resume at a specified time but with the archived group, there were no such options.
What Does Archiving a Facebook Group Do?
Archiving a group is a useful option if you want to pause the group activity temporarily. However, when you archive the group, all members will be notified about this action. While existing members will still be able to visit the group, it will no longer accept new members’ requests, which will be clearly stated at the top of the group page.
Additionally, no one, including group admins, will be able to create new posts, like, or comment on any existing posts unless the group is unarchived.
Though Facebook has removed the archive feature from the platform, you can discontinue the group with the pause feature. We hope this article was helpful for you and you have learned how to archive a Facebook group. If you have any queries or suggestions, then leave a comment in the comments section given below.