Snapchat has occupied a unique niche in the social media competition. One of the features that have made it the most popular among teens is its crisp and simple user experience. The trend of short disappearing videos (‘Stories’) was started by Snapchat, which can now be seen on every social media platform. The best part about this application is that even after being equipped with loads of features, it retains its simplicity. Thus, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that Snapchat is quite the trendsetter! Apart from the several features, including the AI filters, map tracking, contextual posts, and group chats, there’s a hidden feature that you might not know of— the snap number. As Snapchat says, “Your Snapchat score is determined by a super-secret special equation that combines the number of Snaps you’ve sent and received, the Stories you’ve posted, and a couple of other factors “. This number usually presents itself under the user IDs of the people that you follow and even on your profile. Still don’t understand anything? Fret not, that’s exactly why we’re here!
If you’re new to the application, you might find the entire interface a little cluttery. But don’t worry, in this guide, you will understand what the Snap numbers mean. So scroll over and continue reading!
What Do The Numbers on Snapchat Mean?
Where does one find the Snapchat scores?
Maybe you’ve seen it already. But have you observed it? Follow the steps below to see your Snapchat score:
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your phone.
2. The Android version is preferred, but it doesn’t matter as the interface is more or less the same in all operating systems.
3. As soon as the app launches, it will be ready to record videos and pictures (‘Snaps’)
4. We don’t require this, so instead, locate your avatar on the top left corner and tap on it.
5. Now, you can see everything related to your profile.
6. If your account is linked with a Bitmoji account, you will see that icon in your display picture. If not, a solid silhouette will be seen in its place.
7. Under the icon, you will find your snap code.
8. Just under the code, you will find the Snapchat score or the numbers we’ve been talking about. Along with this, you can also have a look at your horoscope sign.
What is the Snapchat score?
Snapchat score gives people an idea of how active you are on the application. Your activities include trophies, stories, and the number of friends you’ve added. In simple terms, the developers have used this feature to increase user engagement. If your application usage is more, your Snapchat number will increase. On the other hand, if your Snapchat usage is less, there are chances that the score might also be zero.
Unfortunately, the way that this score is calculated is pretty mysterious. According to Snapchat, this number rises on a variety of factors, some of which include:
- The number of snaps that you’ve shared.
- The number of snaps that you’ve received.
- The frequency with which you post stories.
- And as Snapchat says, “Other Factors.”
There could also be a lot of other unknown features that might contribute to increasing your Snapchat score. These include using filters, geographical features, etc. However, there is nothing we can say for sure apart from the above-mentioned points.
In layman’s terms, we can say that this score is nothing but representative of your Snapchat usage. It has only been presented for nothing else but increasing user engagement.
How can you increase your Snapchat score?
Regular Snapchat users might find this information handy. In case you want to increase your Snapchat score, you will have to consider the main ways that Snapchat includes in its scoring list. These are as follows:
Post Lots of Stories
As mentioned above, Snapchat was the very first application to introduce the concept of stories. Stories on Snapchat can be thought of as mini-documentaries where one records anything and everything that happens in their day-to-day lives. The nature of the stories and snaps is very episodic, i.e., they disappear after a certain time. Therefore, it would be logical to assume that posting stories increases the Snapchat score.
As compared to stories, sending snaps is more of a personal affair. This is the most effective in increasing the score. Therefore a great option would be to add a few friends who are okay with being spammed with snaps from you. In their chatbox as you can send them as many snaps as you want.
However, if you are up for it, there is a funnier alternative. Until now, we’ve learned that sending snaps increases the Snapchat score. But it doesn’t say anywhere that they have to be sent to people on your friend’s list. Try sending snaps to verified accounts, since it doesn’t matter because they are never going to open it. Here’s a cute idea — send a picture of your dog to famous dog accounts like @toastmeetssnap and @jiffpom.
Streaks are such an exceptional and exclusive feature of Snapchat. There is a possibility that they could increase your Snapchat score, but there is some uncertainty surrounding it. Nonetheless, it’s worth giving it a try. Maintaining a streak with just one person is quite tricky and time-consuming. Here’s how you can do it: send and receive snaps with one user every day for at least three days. Once that is done, you will see a fire emoji next to their name in your chats.
To keep this emoji for an extended period, you will have to send and receive at least one snap every day. If you fail to do so, your fire emoji will disappear.
Sharing your username with a new contact may also help to increase your Snapchat score.
What happens when you increase the Snapchat number?
Let us say that you have followed all the steps successfully, and your Snapchat number finally increases. But what is the significance behind all this? And what happens next? There are a few trophies that are digitally provided to the users who increase their Snapchat number! Some of these rewards and trophies are mentioned below:
- Baby icon: When the Snapchat score reaches 10.
- Gold star icon: When the Snapchat score crosses 100.
- Three-stars: When you hit three zeroes — the score crosses 1,000.
- Red fireworks: When your Snapchat score is somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000.
- Rocket: When the Snapchat score goes beyond 100,000.
- Ghost: The final level, the Ghost emoji, will appear once you hit the peak of your Snapchat usage and get a score of over 500,000.
Apart from these emojis, no other awards are to be expected from the application.
How can you view your friends’ Snapchat scores?
To keep the competition alive, you must also know how to see your friends’ Snapchat scores. Follow the given steps:
- Open the chats on your Snapchat application.
- Tap on their profile from the messages/chats.
- You can check their score from this window. It will be below their username, which is at the top.
Besides the Snapchat score, are there any other numbers?
For new users, this might seem like a pretty obvious question.
When you open your chats, you will see some small numbers near the contacts with whom you have exchanged snaps. This is the count of your streaks.
Another very common set of numbers will be visible to you under your story. There will be an eye, which, when pressed, shows the number of viewers of your story.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the number in Snapchat profile?
The number that is mentioned in your Snapchat profile is known as the Snapchat score. It states how much of a Snapchatter you are!
Q2. What does your Snapchat score say about you?
The Snapchat score is a representation of how active you are on Snapchat. Therefore if you send more snaps and share more stories, you will have a higher score.
- How to Get Snapchat Streak Back After Losing It
- What Does the Lock Symbol Mean on Snapchat Stories?
- How to Copy Instagram Captions, Comments, and Bio
- How to Move Files from One Google Drive to Another
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to know the meaning of the numbers on snapchat. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.