Outlook Calendar is an integrated component that lets you plan, organize, and arrange appointments or events like a pro. In other words, it helps you stay on the top of your game by meeting all the deadlines timely. The best part is that it is pretty easy to use and even a beginner can make great use of Outlook calendar. But if you are using it for the first time then you might be wondering about Outlook group calendar vs shared calendar. If this is the case, then read till the end to know how does shared calendar work in Outlook.
Table of Contents
Outlook Group Calendar vs Shared Calendar: Which to Use?
In this article, we have talked about what differentiated Outlook group calendars from shared calendars. This is an effective tool that helps companies promote productivity despite the geographical distances. Moreover, it helps you coordinate among employees like a dream. So, continue reading this article till the end to know more about the same.
What is a Group Calendar in Outlook?
Let us first discuss what is a group calendar in Outlook. Many times, one thing fits all does not work in every situation. Instead, you need to make a clear distinction between personal and professional for better management and effective organization. But this can also make it more complicated to handle everything and still maintain effective coordination. This is where group calendars in Outlook come to your rescue.
If you are someone who needs to view and manage different calendars such as your peers and family members, using a group calendar on Outlook is an ideal solution. As the name suggests, it helps you in accessing and managing a group of calendars and everyone’s schedules all at one place. Moreover, they are also equipped with SharePoint calendars, Internet calendars, and so on. Using a group calendar, all the participants can view and edit events. This may include adding more meetings or removing existing events.
Does Outlook have a Shared Calendar?
Yes, people with Outlook, Exchange, and Office365 get to enjoy the benefits of shared calendars. We have already cleared Outlook group calendar vs shared calendar so let us move on. You can use it to manage your personal as well as professional life like a pro. For instance, a shared calendar will prevent employees from missing deadlines or important meetings. However, it is essential to use caution while sharing a calendar as the other person can take the following actions:
- Delete the existing calendar.
- Share your calendar with other employees.
- Respond to all invitations.
- Create or edit upcoming events.
- Add tasks.
- Receive emails about all the changes happening to your calendar.
However, all of these actions depend entirely on the permissions that you give while sharing the calendar. Also, this sums up your does Outlook have a shared calendar query.
Outlook Group Calendar vs Teams Calendar
Let us now take a look at Outlook group calendar vs Teams calendar to understand which one is more suitable for you.
Features of Outlook Group Calendar
- Using Outlook group calendar, you can create new appointments and events.
- It reminds you of upcoming events, meetings, and appointments.
- You can color categorize different genres to avoid overlapping.
- It also lets you organize meetings and select the people you would like to invite.
- You can view group schedules all at once.
- Outlook group calendar allows you to view multiple calendar side-by-side.
- It helps you link calendars to Microsoft SharePoint sites.
Features of Teams Calendar
- Using Teams calendar, you can join meetings.
- It also lets you view call details.
- You can use Teams calendar to chat with participants.
- It allows you to accept or decline a meeting invitation.
- You can also add a Teams channel to your personal calendar.
How does Shared Calendar Work in Outlook
Now that outlook group calendar vs shared calendar is pretty clear to you, let us move further. If you are planning to create a shared calendar in Outlook, then you need to know how does shared calendar work in Outlook.
1. Launch Outlook app on your Windows laptop.
2. Click on the calendar icon to display all the calendars you have created so far.
3. Next, click on the drop-down icon besides My Calendars.
4. Choose the calendar you wish to share from the drop-down menu.
5. Right click on the calendar and choose the Share option.
6. Now select Share Calendar.
7. Enter the name in To: and click on Send.
Outlook Group Calendar Permissions
If you are wondering how to change Outlook group calendar permissions, then you are at the right place. For this, what you need to do is:
1. Launch Outlook app on your device.
2. Click on the calendar icon on the left side of your screen.
3. Next, right click on a calendar for which you wish to change permissions.
4. Choose Properties from the menu.
5. Next, click on Permissions tab.
Note: If Permissions tab is unavailable then it means that the calendar owner has not given you appropriate permissions to modify anything.
6. To remove an existing user permission, highlight the user and select Remove option. Click OK once you are done.
- 13 Ways to Fix Steam Stuck in Verifying Installation
- How to Make Text Vertical in Word
- Fix Outlook Error 500
- How to Block Emails on Outlook
We hope this article helped you with Outlook Group Calendar vs Shared Calendar. Please share your reviews and suggestions in the comments and let us know what you would like to read next.