League of Legends is an online multiplayer game developed by Riot Games where a team of five players battles with another team of five players. A player needs to use many in-game strategies and powers in the game to beat the others; one being Smart Cast. If you don’t know about League of Legends Smart Cast, this article will guide you on how enable and use it. While in the game, if LoL Smart Cast abilities aren’t working, we shall fix it too.
How to Enable and Use League of Legends Smart Cast
The League of Legends Smart Cast is a quicker alternative to cast spells, abilities, or items. It is also known as Quick Cast. It allows the player to assign items, spells, and abilities to a key on the keyboard. So while playing the game, you can use them by just pressing that assigned key on the keyboard. It will allow you to use your powers more quickly and protect you from getting attacked.
To enable smart cast on League of Legends, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Launch the League of Legends game on your PC/laptop.
2. Go to the Game Settings.
3. In the settings, select the Key Bindings option.
4. Click on any of the desired Smart Cast commands listed.
5. Press the desired combination key on the keyboard to assign them to specific Smart Cast command.
6. Click on OK to save the changes.
7. Follow steps 4 to 6 to assign keys to all the Smart Cast commands.
8. In the game, point the mouse cursor to the desired opponent and press the desired Smart Cast key combination to cast the assigned spell.
This is how you enable and use Smartcast on League of Legends.
Why are League of Legends Abilities Not Casting?
Here are the reasons why are LOL abilities not casting:
- It might happen that you are using the wrong keys to cast.
- You have not assigned any key combination to abilities.
- The keyboard you are using is not working properly.
- There might be some internet connectivity issue with your device which is blocking you from casting the abilities.
What is the Difference Between LOL Normal Cast and Smart Cast?
Normal Cast and Smart Cast both are used to cast the special abilities and skills of the character when needed.
- In a Normal Cast, a player needs to select the ability, which then shows you the range where the ability is heading before casting it. Then, if you select it, it will be cast.
- Just to cut off all such intermediaries, Quick Cast or Smart Cast was introduced, which allows a player to cast abilities in just one click, with no need to select the ability and no target. You have to just press the assigned key and it will cast automatically. But before, a player needs to assign them to specific keys to use them.
Smart Cast can sometimes backfire due to inappropriate positioning of the cursor. In the case of the Normal Cast, there are no concerns.
Does Faker Use Smart Cast?
Yes, Faker uses Smart Cast. Faker is one of the most popular e-sport gamers of the League of Legends. Being a professional gamer, he wants to focus on his game and eliminate some time in casting abilities and attacks. For all the abilities, Faker uses Smart Cast over the Normal Cast.
- Q, W, E, and R keys for abilities
- D and F for summoning spells
- For items, he uses `, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 keys
- For Trinket, he uses the 4 key
Recommended: A List Of Roblox Admin Commands
We hope that this article has helped you know what is LOL Smart Cast and how to use the League of Legends Smart Cast. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.