Zoom has become a go-to video conferencing app for many businesses, thanks to its rich features and user-friendly interface. However, the mute feature can sometimes be a hindrance during important calls. If you’re wondering how to unmute on Zoom phone calls, this article will provide you with the necessary answers. We’ll also explore how to enable phone dial-in on Zoom. Keep reading to learn more.
How to Unmute on Zoom Phone Call
Zoom is a popular platform for professional meetings and interviews. To participate effectively, it’s essential to know how to unmute yourself during a Zoom phone call. In this article, we’ll address this question and cover other technical features that can help you optimize your Zoom experience. Keep reading to learn more.
To unmute on a Zoom phone call, follow these steps:
1. Open the Zoom app to Sign In to your account.
2. Click on the Join button to enter the meeting.
3. Finally, click on the Unmute button.
Can Zoom Unmute you Without you Knowing?
No. Owing to the Privacy and security reasons of the Zoom platform, none of the participants can unmute you without your knowledge. As the answer to the question of whether can Zoom unmute you without you knowing, the host can unmute you only by using one of the two options. However, this too requires your consent to the terms of the platform.
- Ask All to Unmute option to unmute all participants of the meeting,
- Request permission to unmute participants setting to prompt participants for pre-approval to be unmuted by the host.
How to Unmute Phone on Zoom Call
With the understanding of the answer to the question of whether Zoom can unmute you without you knowing, we can delve into learning the methods to perform this operation. The options to unmute your phone on the ongoing Zoom call are described in the methods below.
Method 1: Use Shortcut Keys
Another option to unmute phone on Zoom call is to use the shortcut keys on your keyboard.
1. As explained earlier, open the Zoom app and join a meeting.
2A. Press the Alt+ A keys to unmute yourself. You can also press the Spacebar to disable the mute option temporarily.
2B. If you are hosting a meeting, press the Alt+ M keys to unmute participants of the meeting.
Method 2: Use Zoom Unmute Button
As an answer to the question of how to unmute phone on Zoom call, you can use the native mute button on the Zoom interface.
1. Open the Zoom app from the search bar.
2. Sign In to your account using the appropriate option.
3. Click on the Join button and use the meeting credentials to join the meeting.
4. Click on the Unmute button at the bottom bar on the ongoing call to unmute yourself.
The mic icon would turn to an enabled mic icon indicating that you are on mute.
Method 3: Use Dialpad
If you are using the Dialpad to attend Zoom meetings, you can find the answer to the question of how to unmute phone on Zoom call. You can simply dial a few numbers to unmute the participants of the meeting as follows.
1. Open the Dialpad on your phone.
2A. Dial in *6 on the pad to toggle to the unmute option for yourself.
2B. If you are hosting a Zoom call, dial 99 in the Dialpad to unmute all participants.
How to Unmute Other Participants
Along with unmuting yourself on the Zoom call, you can also unmute other participants. However, it is only applicable if you are the host of the meeting.
1. Open the Zoom app as said earlier.
2. Click on the New Meeting button on the home page and log in to the meeting.
3. Click on the Participants button on the bottom bar.
4A. Click on the disabled mic icon next to the participant to disable the particular participant.
4B. Click on the Unmute All button at the bottom of the participants list to unmute all participants. Click on the Yes button on the confirmation window.
Also Read: How Do I Access My Zoom Account
Can You Call a Phone Number from Zoom?
Yes. You can call a phone number from the Zoom app and add them to the meeting. If you have the phone number of the person and wish to hold a Zoom call with them, you can refer to this section.
Method 1: Call Phone Number
You can follow the instructions given below to call the person using their phone number from Zoom.
1. Follow the instructions explained earlier to sign in to the Zoom app.
2. Click on the Contacts button.
3A. Use the Number Pad, either the on-screen keyboard or keyboard number pad, to type a phone number and click on the Phone icon at the bottom.
3B. Copy the phone number using the Ctrl+ C keys from a source and paste it to the Dialpad using the Ctrl+ V keys.
3C. Click on the right arrow to search and select a particular contact. You can move to the Starred tab and click on the phone icon next to the contact to call the starred contact.
4. Click on the Caller ID drop-down menu to change the outbound caller ID number and use any desk phone to sync the in-call or use in-call controls.
Method 2: Call Synced Contact
If you have the contacts synced to a Google Office 365 or Exchange account, you can follow the steps given below to call a phone number from Zoom.
Note 1: You have to ensure that the synced contact has a phone number with it.
Note 2: If there is more than one number for a particular synced contact, the first number gets dialed in.
1. Open and sign in to the Zoom app as said earlier.
2. Tap on the Contacts icon on the home page.
3. Move to the My Groups section and tap on the Cloud Contacts option.
4. Open a particular synced contact and tap on the Call option to call the person and you can use the in-call controls.
Method 3: Receive Phone Call
As we are aware of the affirmative answer to the question of whether can you call a phone number from Zoom, we can learn the method to receive the incoming call using the Dialpad.
1. Follow the instructions given earlier to sign in to the Zoom app.
2. You will see the incoming call notification on your phone.
Note: If the status is set to Do not disturb, you will not receive the notification.
3A. Click on the Accept option to answer the call or Decline to route the call to voicemail or disconnect the call.
3B. You can also click on the Close icon or Dismiss options to ignore the call notification or skip the call notification.
4. While you are on the call, you can perform the following options to modify the call notifications and perform the in-call controls.
- Hold & Accept: To put the current call on hold and attend to the incoming call.
- Send to Voicemail: Continue on the current call and send another incoming call to voicemail.
- End & Accept: End the current call and accept the incoming call.
Also Read: Fix Zoom Account Disabled Error
How to Allow Phone Dial-in on Zoom
The account owners and admins can alter mute options using the dial-in number. This helps in easy access to the Zoom meetings and to unmute on Zoom phone call to attend the call at ease. In addition to this, you can send an invite to others via telephone and allow them to use their phone numbers to join the meeting. According to Zoom Support, you can allow phone dial-in on Zoom as explained in this section.
1. Open the Google Chrome app using the search bar.
2. Open the Zoom sign-in page, enter the required information in the fields, and click on the Sign In button.
3. Click on the Account Management tab on the navigation panel.
4. Click on the Account Settings option on the page.
5. Move to the Audio Conferencing tab.
6. Ensure that the Call Me and Invite by Phone setting is selected.
Note: You can toggle on the setting to turn it on. Tap on the Enable button on the confirmation window to enable the setting.
7. Type 1 on the Require Call Me users section and select the Auto option.
Note: You can also select the Always or Never options based on the requirement.
8. In the Call Out Countries/ Regions tab, click on the pen icon.
9. Select the required country in the Select Call Out Countries/ Regions pop-up window and click on the Save button.
How to Join Meeting using Dialpad?
Now that we are aware of how to allow phone dial-in on Zoom, you can follow the steps below to learn the method to join Zoom meeting using Dialpad on your phone.
1. Open the Zoom app and sign in to your account as mentioned earlier.
2. Select the particular country in the Country/ Region drop-down menu.
3. Enter the meeting ID with # in the Dialpad.
Note: For instance, if the meeting ID is 76556892356, type 76556892356# on the Dialpad.
4. Now, enter the participant ID with # in the Dialpad.
5. As said above, enter the passcode with the # character in the Dialpad.
By using any of the options given earlier in the article, you can easily join a meeting and be reminded to use the answers to the question of how to unmute on Zoom phone calls to ensure your audio is heard by other participants.
Additional Information: What is Dialpad Feature on Zoom?
After reading various features of using Dialpad on the Zoom platform, it might be demanding to know some information about this feature. In this section, we will learn about the Dialpad integration with Zoom that is exclusively available for Admin or Owner.
1A. Company administrative access: Navigate to the Admin Settings page, click on the My Company option, and then click on the Integrations option.
1B. Office Administrative access: Navigate to the Admin Settings page, click on the My Office option, and click on the Integrations option.
2. Click on the Zoom option and then select Connect in the drop-down menu.
3. Authenticate the connection in both Zoom and Dialpad and you will be redirected to the Integration Settings page.
The article explains the answer to the question of how to unmute on Zoom phone calls and gives brief information on the dial-in feature. We could keep improving our content if you can spare some time in sharing your queries and suggestions in the comments section.