After the Covid 19 broke out, the world was pushed towards digitalization. In this digitalized world, working from home has become easy through various platforms, such as Zoom. But you might face issues like your profile picture not showing in the meeting on Zoom. If you are facing the same, then you are in the right place. Keep reading till the end to resolve this issue.
How to Fix Zoom Profile Picture Not Showing in Meeting
If your profile picture is not uploaded and selected as your profile picture on Zoom settings, then you will face the Zoom profile picture not showing issue.
If your Zoom profile picture is not showing during a meeting, here are some things you can try:
1. Refresh the meeting page.
2. Restart Zoom app.
3. Make sure the profile picture is uploaded.
Reason for Zoom Profile Picture Not Showing in Meeting Issue
Before we discuss the methods to cure the problem, let’s first know what caused it in the first place. There might be many. For example:
- Profile picture not showing in Zoom might be the cause of a glitch, or it’s just a server issue.
- You might have forgotten to add a profile picture to your Zoom account in the first place.
- You may have turned on an option called Hide Participant’s Profile Picture.
- The app may be outdated, or your device is outdated.
- It is also possible that the cache files are causing a hang.
How to Fix Zoom Profile Picture Not Showing in Meeting
To fix the issue, follow the methods in the same order for more effectiveness.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before reading the methods, you must ensure these things are set up. Then only try out the methods.
- If your profile picture is not set up, then there is no way that it will show in the meeting. So first, you have to check if you have set up the profile picture in your Zoom account.
- The second thing you should do is check if you are logged in. If you access the meeting anonymously, there will be no profile picture. And yes, it is possible to join a meeting without creating an account, according to their official webpage.
1A. Wait for Server Uptime
If the servers are down, then you cannot do anything. In that case, wait and the Zoom team will fix the issue. You can check for the server status from the Zoom Uptime page.
Note: It is impossible to know whether the server is down with 100% surety.
1B. Change Device
The next thing you should try is to change the device you use for accessing the Zoom meeting. If you use a personal computer like a desktop or laptop, try joining the meeting with a mobile. If you are using a mobile, then do the reverse. We are not saying it will solve your problem, but it is worth trying.
You can also try to change your operating system, like if you use a Windows device, then change to macOS if possible. If you use an iOS device, change it to an Android.
1C. Use Stable Internet Connection
As we said earlier, you must use a stable internet connection during video calls. In video calls without strong internet, malfunctions are bound to happen. But what can one do to check the stability? The answer is simple. You can run tools like Speedtest or fast.com and check if the internet connection is stable.
If not, you need to work on resolving the issues with the network. You can read our article on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone and implement the same.
Method 2: Update Zoom App
It is also possible that you cannot see the profile picture as your app is not updated. In that case, the solution is pretty easy, update the app. For your help, we provided a step-by-step guide below,
1. Open Google Play Store and tap on your profile picture.
2. Now, open Manage apps and device.
3. Tap on Update all.
Method 3: Update Device
If your device is not updated, this can also cause a problem you are facing now. So, in that case, it is best to update the device. Here is a detailed article from TechCult, that will help you to update your Android device, 3 Ways to Check for Updates on your Android Phone.
Method 4: Disable Hide Participant’s Profile Picture
Zoom introduced this option for version 5.0 and above. If you are using the newest version of the Zoom app and have enabled this option, this can cause the above-said error. If Hide Participant’s Profile Picture option is creating the problem, then disable it to solve the issue.
1. First, open the Zoom app.
2. Tap on three dots and then tap Meetings under SETTINGS.
3. Turn off the toggle for Show user profile icon next to in–meeting chat messages.
Also Read: How to Remove Zoom Profile Picture
Method 5: Reinstall Zoom App
You can reinstall the Zoom app to fix the Zoom profile picture not showing in the meeting issue. However, we will advise you to try it at the very end, as extra work is involved. But as we said, it works for many cases, though we are not claiming that it will 100% work for your problem, and worth trying.
Note: We used Motorola G71 5G for this tutorial. Some options might not match your phone’s settings.
1. Tap and hold the Zoom app and select the i icon from the pop-up menu.
2. Tap on Uninstall.
3. Open Google Play Store and search for the Zoom app.
4. Tap on Install and wait for the process to finish.
5. Tap Open and fill in all the necessary credentials to log in.
Also Read: Fix Zoom Filters Not Showing on PC
Method 6: Contact Customer Care
If nothing works, then the last thing you can do is contacting customer care. But we recommend you try it only after implying all the methods and doing everything possible. Z
- You can contact them either via their official support page or by submitting a request.
- Also, they have a customer care number to talk via phone. If you don’t like to talk, there is also an option to chat with the team.
- You can also contact them via Twitter, as they are very active on Twitter so you will get your response quickly. Just tag the official Twitter handle of Zoom and wait for their reply. They have over one million followers on Twitter.
- Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Plum
- How to See Who Someone Recently Followed on Instagram
- Fix Zoom Error Code 103033 on Windows 10
- How Do I Access My Zoom Account
After reading this article, we hope your problem, Zoom profile picture not showing in meeting, is solved. If you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comment section. You can also suggest a new topic, and we will try to write a dedicated article. You can also save our website in your bookmark for future reference. Thank you for reading.