Skype is a platform for messaging and making calls over the Internet. Skype has been the go-to application or service for video calls back in the day, but now, Skype’s popularity has been downhill with time. New apps with new features overshadowed Skype. We understand if you have come to the point of uninstalling Skype or have switched to some other application and simply were looking for how to uninstall Skype on your Android smartphone. You might no longer use the Skype app, so why keep it? To know how to uninstall it, keep reading!
Table of Contents
How to Uninstall Skype on Android
Whatever may be the reason, getting rid of unused apps will free up your phone’s memory and less the usage of device resources, so if you want to know if I can safely uninstall Skype, below we have answered that!
Can I Safely Uninstall Skype?
Yes, you can safely uninstall the Skype app. If the Skype app is no longer required for you, you can uninstall it from your device by following the steps below. Uninstalling Skype will not harm your device or cause any data loss, as long as you have synced your chat history and other important data to your Skype account or another backup location. Before you uninstall Skype, you may want to make sure that you have saved any important chat logs or files that you want to keep. It is safe to uninstall the Skype app from your device.
To uninstall Skype on Android, here is what you need to do:
1. Locate the Skype app, then tap and hold it.
2. Tap on the Uninstall option.
3. Confirm the prompt by tapping on Uninstall again.
What Happens If I Uninstall Skype?
When you uninstall Skype on your device, here is what happens:
- You will no longer be able to use Skype service on your device and will be logged out of your Skype account immediately.
- All the Skype data that was saved on your device is deleted.
- Uninstalling Skype from your device will remove only the application from your device but your Skype account will remain as it is.
To use Skype service again on your device you just need to download it from the Play Store or from the official Skype website.
What Happens If I Delete Skype App?
If you delete the Skype app from your device, you will no longer be able to use the app to make calls, send messages, or participate in video conferences. Any chat history, call logs, and other data associated with your account that is stored locally on the device will be removed. However, your Skype account will still exist, and you can still access it using the Skype website or another device with the Skype app installed. You will not lose any contacts or messages associated with your account. If you decide to reinstall the Skype app on the same device later, you will need to log in to your account again to access your previous chats and contacts.
How to Uninstall Skype on Android?
There can be two different methods of uninstalling Skype on Android devices.
Note: Below mentioned steps were performed on Realme Narzo 10.
Method 1: From Apps Drawer
On Android phones you can easily uninstall an app directly from the app drawer, follow the below mentioned steps for the same.
1. Open the app drawer on your Android device.
2. From the app drawer locate the Skype app.
3. Tap and hold the Skype app until options appear at the top of it.
4. Now, tap on the Uninstall option.
5. Confirm the prompt by tapping on Uninstall again.
Method 2: From Android Settings
You can follow these simple steps to uninstall Skype from the settings.
1. On your Android device open Settings.
2. From Settings scroll down and tap on the App management option.
3. Tap on the App list from the app management section.
4. Scroll down in the app list until you find Skype and tap on it.
5. From the Skype app info, tap on the Uninstall option.
6. A dialog box will appear on the screen, from there tap on OK to uninstall the app from your device.
- 15 Best Live Sports App for Firestick
- How to Get Little Skype Window Back
- How to Turn Off Skype Split Screen
We hope that this article has helped you in knowing how to uninstall Skype on Android devices. Please share your valuable experience reading this article. In case of any queries or suggestions feel free to drop them in the comment section below.