Skype is an application that enables online voice, video, and instant message communication. One of the earliest breakthroughs with the voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) was Skype. If you’re using Skype on a PC, choosing Compact View from the View menu will add the little window. And many Skype users are looking to learn how to get little Skype window back. So, we are bringing you a helpful guide that will help you understand how to get Skype screen view options and skype split screen. Continue reading until the end to get a little Skype floating window back.
Table of Contents
- How to Get Little Skype Window Back
- What are Skype Screen View Options?
- Why is My Skype Window So Big?
- Why does Skype Floating Window Disappeared?
- How Do I Minimize Skype Window?
- How Do I Reduce the Size of My Skype for Business Window?
- How Do You Get the Floating Window on Skype?
- How Do I Get the Small Screen Back on Skype? How to Get Little Skype Window Back?
- How to Enable Skype Pop-Up Window?
- How to Get Skype Overlay?
How to Get Little Skype Window Back
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to get little Skype window back in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What are Skype Screen View Options?
The Skype client’s home screen can be viewed in various ways. The three big icons at the top can be used to quickly switch between them to see Skype screen view options.
- Contacts View: The default view for using Skype for Business is Contacts View. A search field, four tabs (GROUPS, STATUS, RELATIONSHIPS, and NEW), and your contacts are all displayed on the Contacts view. The default option is GROUPS. Two default groups exist: Other Contacts, which is the rest of your contact list, is the group that shows at the top of the list of groups.
- Conversation View: At this time, the Conversations View is disabled.
- Meetings View: The Meetings view shows the meetings scheduled for today in your Outlook calendar. Meetings held using Skype for Business are shown in blue, while regular meetings are represented in black. By right-clicking a Skype for Business meeting in this view and selecting Join, you can join it.
- Views during Call: During the Skype call, you can switch between multiple views by clicking on the View tab from the top right corner. Those views are Speaker view, Grid view, Large gallery, and Together mode.
Also Read: Why Does TextNow Say Call Rejected?
Why is My Skype Window So Big?
There might be a chance that your video size might be big. There are several sizes available, including Standard (the default), Large, and Huge. And you might have selected a Large or Huge size for your Skype window. Also, you may be using Skype in full-screen mode.
Follow these shortcuts to make your life easier:
- Use Alt + V for the View menu to zoom in, out, or to the actual size on Windows
- Ctrl + Shift to zoom in
- Ctrl + – to zoom out
- Ctrl + O to view the image in full
Why does Skype Floating Window Disappeared?
A Skype floating window is a window that appears above all Windows applications. When a user wishes to display something above all applications, they can utilize this method. If your floating window is not visible anymore, you may have disabled the Show call window when Skype is in the background feature from the Calling settings. Enable the option to get back that floating window.
Also Read: Why Did My Conversation Disappeared on POF?
How Do I Minimize Skype Window?
The software continues to operate after you click the Close (X) button in the upper-right corner of the Skype window so that you can get notifications for incoming calls or messages. The taskbar, which is easily accessed from the bottom of your computer screen, is where Skype is minimized by default when you press the Close button. Instead, you can have the Skype window shrunk to the System Tray.
1. Open the Skype app on your PC/laptop.
Note: Make sure you are signed into your account.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon > Settings option from the top left corner, as shown below.
3. Click on the General tab from the left pane.
4. Turn on the toggle for the Upon closing, keep Skype running option.
5. Now, click on the X icon from the top right corner of the Skype window.
6. Click on the arrow icon from the taskbar to open up the System Tray and see the minimized Skype window icon.
Also Read: How to Stop Skype from Muting Other Sounds on PC
How Do I Reduce the Size of My Skype for Business Window?
Unfortunately, there is no choice or ability to reduce Skype for Business’s minimum window size because it is too big. But the mouse pointer will turn into a hand if you move it to the top of the screen. To get little Skype window back for the Business window, click and drag it downward. Then, drag the smaller window to the right or left of the screen.
Or you can make use of the Skype split screen. To enable the Skype split screen:
Note: Sign in to your Skype account before attempting the following steps.
1. Open Skype for Business and click on the three-dotted icon.
2. From the drop-down menu, click on Enable split view mode.
The screen will be now in a split screen mode.
Note: You can no longer only use the new 320 x 320 pixel size; instead, a smaller version of the Skype for Business window snaps to the side you select. Depending on your screen resolution, you can have up to four windows open at once, and you can adjust their sizes by choosing and dragging the bar in the center of the window.
How Do You Get the Floating Window on Skype?
Let’s see the steps to get the floating window on Skype.
1. Launch the Skype app on your PC and Sign in to your account.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon > Settings from the top left corner.
3. Click on the Calling tab from the left pane.
4. Turn on the toggle for the Show call window when Skype is in the background option.
Also Read: How to Use Skype Chat Text Effects
How Do I Get the Small Screen Back on Skype? How to Get Little Skype Window Back?
You can get the small window back on Skype during the call with the help of the steps mentioned above.
How to Enable Skype Pop-Up Window?
Below are the steps to enable Skype popup window during a call:
1. Open the Skype app on your PC or laptop.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon from the top left corner.
3. Then, click on Settings.
4. Click on the Calling tab from the left pane.
5. Lastly, turn on the toggle for the Show call window when Skype is in the background option.
How to Get Skype Overlay?
Read and follow the steps mentioned above to get the Skype overlay during a call.
- Fix Discord Download Error on Windows 10
- 8 Ways to Fix Safari App Disappeared from iPad or iPhone
- How to Go Full Screen on Windows 10
- How to Disable Fullscreen Optimizations in Windows 10
We hope that you learned about how to get little Skype window back. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.