Emojis play a vital role in exhibiting emotions. The feelings that cannot be expressed through words are better communicated with emojis. Isn’t it? Despite this, they do not hold any importance in the academic world or a context that demands an objective voice. Emojis are a great way of lightening your mood as they are a medium for effectively conveying a comprehensive range of emotions. They are considered fun additions, which makes any communication light-heartened. You can even change the meaning of the component words and their structure with the help of an emoji. For instance, writing something serious and placing a funny emoji will conclude that you are writing it sarcastically. Hence, the other person would assume that you would be writing the sentence with funny intent rather than having a serious intention. This article will help you understand how to type shrug emoji in detail. Also, you will get to learn how to make the shrug emoji or shrug emoticon.
- How to Type the Shrug Emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in One Go
- What is Shrug Emoji?
- How to Make the Shrug Emoji on an iPhone?
- How to Make the Shrug Emoji on any Android Device?
- How to Type the Shrug Emoji on a Windows Laptop or PC?
- How to Type the Shrug Emoji on a Mac?
- How to Create a Shortcut for the Shrug Emoji?
- How About Copy/Paste Option for the Shrug Emoji?
- How to Type the Shrug Emoji Yourself?
- What is the List of Renowned Text Emoticons?
- What are the Japanese Emoticons and Shruggies?
How to Type the Shrug Emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in One Go
The young generation today might not be aware of what emoticons was. Before the introduction of emojis, we had emoticons. The shrug emoticon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ or 짱\_(깂)_/짱 emoted different sentiments, which may indicate a little aggravation, melancholy, apathetic or perplexed state. It implies, one emoticon was there to cover all types of expressions. Similarly, the ones who wish to continue to relish the golden old days of the late 1990s can quickly get to know through this guide; how to type the shrug emoji using the replacement text. The best part is you will not be required to copy and paste or write 11 characters each time once you are able to create a shortcut using the replacement text.
What is Shrug Emoji?
Shrug Emoji is displayed as raised shoulders emoji in conjunction with raised arms and flat hands. It is typed as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The character ‘Person Shrugging’ does not specify a gender. So, you can conclude the shrugging gesture, also called the Shruggie, could be a male or female.
How to Make the Shrug Emoji on an iPhone?
Let’s see how you can make the shrug emoji on an iPhone.
1. Copy the emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯on your iPhone.
2. Then, open Settings.
3. Tap on General.
4. Tap on Keyboard.
5. Tap on Text Replacement.
6. Tap on the + icon from the top right corner.
7. In the Shortcut field, type shrug, and paste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ emoji in the Phrase field.
8. Lastly, tap on Save.
Following this process will trigger the Shrug emoji on your device. You just need to save it and use the shortcut whenever your want.
Also Read: How to Use Microsoft Teams Secret Emoticons
How to Make the Shrug Emoji on any Android Device?
Below are the steps explaining how to make the shrug emoji on any Android device.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
1. Copy this shrug emoticon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯on your Android device.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Tap on Additional settings > Languages & input.
4. Tap on Manage keyboards.
5. Tap on Settings under the Gboard section.
6. Tap on Dictionary > Personal Dictionary.
7. Select the desired language.
8. Tap on the + icon from the top right corner.
9. Paste the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in the Type a Word field and type shrug in the Shortcut field.
10. Tap on the back arrow icon to save the emoticon shortcut for your keyboard.
And voila! The shrug emoticon is ready to use. Just type the shortcut to prompt the shrug emoticon anywhere you want to enter.
How to Type the Shrug Emoji on a Windows Laptop or PC?
You can type the shrug emoji on a Windows laptop or PC with the help of the following steps:
1. Press the Windows + . (period) key on your keyboard simultaneously.
2. Then, click on the Emoticons tab.
3. Scroll down to reach the Acting cute tab and click on the shrug emoticon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ placed at the very end, as shown below.
Also Read: How to Use Emojis on Windows 10
How to Type the Shrug Emoji on a Mac?
Let’s see how you can type the shrug emoji on Mac.
1. Copy the text emoticon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
2. Click on the Apple icon > System Preferences…
3. Click on Keyboard.
4. Click on the Text tab and click the + icon from the bottom.
5. Type shrug in the Replace box
6. Paste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in the With box.
7. Hit Fn + Enter keys and you are good to go.
Following this process on your Mac will allow the Shrug emoji to be displayed.
How to Create a Shortcut for the Shrug Emoji?
It is possible to create a shortcut for this magnificent emoji. Once you create the shortcut, it will automatically produce a shrug emoji, and you will not be required to copy and paste it every time. You can follow the above-mentioned sections to learn how to create a shortcut for the shrug emoji on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac devices.
How About Copy/Paste Option for the Shrug Emoji?
Inevitably, copying and pasting the Shrug emoji is one of the fastest ways of using this emoji. However, it is an ideal option only for one-time users. If you wish to use it often, you will need to come back and copy it again, making it a bit annoying process. One of the most recognizes sources to copy the Shrug emoticon is the CopyShrug platform. However, creating a shortcut for text replacement is a viable option.
How to Type the Shrug Emoji Yourself?
Shrug Emoji comprises nine characters, including two overlines, two slashes, two parentheses, two underscores, and a single Japanese katakana character that creates the smile. Only the Japanese katakana character and the overlines needed to be added via special means. Else every other character is readily available on a majority of the keyboards.
What is the List of Renowned Text Emoticons?
Below is the list of renowned emoticons you can use to make your text conversations much more interesting.
1. Happy Text Emoticons
- ( 。・_・。)人(。・_・。 )
- └(^o^ )Ｘ( ^o^)┘
- ヘ( ^o^)ノ＼(^_^ )
- (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
- ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
2. Angry Text Emoticons
3. The Table Flipping Text Emoticons
- (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻
- ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ)
- ┻━┻ ︵ ＼( °□° )／ ︵ ┻━
- ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
- (ﾉಥ益ಥ）ﾉ ┻━┻
- ┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)
- ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ﾉ︵ ┻━┻
- ┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
- (╯°Д°）╯︵ /(.□ . \)
- ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
4. Animal Text Emoticons
- ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
- =＾● ⋏ ●＾=
5. WTF Text Emoticons
- ( 棨째 뽍 棨째)
- 빇 (. 씃 少 씃.) 빆
What are the Japanese Emoticons and Shruggies?
The Japanese emoticons referred to as Kaomoji can easily be unlocked on all devices. Besides using the Shruggie emoji for showing baffled expressions online, many other Japanese emoticons offer an extensive range of faces allowing the conversations to liven up. Let’s see a few of them:
- How to Switch Email for Parental Control in Google
- 14 Best Call Recording App for Android
- 11 Best Animoji Apps for Android
- How to use Memoji Stickers on WhatsApp for Android
Emoticons are an excellent way of adding joyous reactions to your texts. Undoubtedly, they make your conversation exciting and buoy up, and lift your spirits while adding a fun element naturally. We hope that you learned about how to type shrug emoji. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.