As our homes become smarter, our TVs are also embracing the trend of integrating voice-powered technology such as Google Assistant. This convenience enhances our entertainment, but having a virtual assistant always listening can be uncomfortable. Whether you aim to safeguard your privacy or minimize distractions, let’s explore how to turn off Google Assistant on your Samsung and LG smart TV to disable its continuous monitoring.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Google Assistant on Android TV
Google Assistant listens to voice commands, raising privacy concerns regarding recorded and stored conversations. Disabling it can ease worries about data security and privacy breaches. Also, voice recognition accuracy can be problematic, especially if Google Assistant frequently misunderstands commands.
Hence, if you no longer want G Assistant, you can disable it on your Android TV. Follow the methods listed below to do so:
To disable Google Assistant on your TV, follow these steps:
1. Open Android TV’s main menu and pick Settings.
2. Select Accounts & sign-in.
3. Choose your Google account.
4. Locate and click Google Assistant.
5. Turn off Voice control toggle to disable Google Assistant.
Method 1: Disable OK Google Detection
1. Press the Home button on your remote to access the main menu of the Android TV.
2. Select Settings.
3. Turn off the toggle for the ‘Ok Google’ detection option from the Quick settings section.
Method 2: Deactivate Voice Control for Google Assistant
1. Access the main menu of the Android TV and select Settings.
2. Choose the Accounts & sign-in option.
3. Select the desired Google account on which you want to disable Google Assistant.
4. Then, locate and choose the Google Assistant option.
5. Now, turn off the toggle for the Voice control option to turn off Google Assistant on TV.
Method 3: Turn Off Microphone Access for Google
1. Launch Settings on your Android TV.
2. Then, select the Apps option followed by the See all apps option.
3. Select Show system apps.
4. Choose Google from the list.
5. Then, select the Permissions option.
6. Turn off the toggle for the Microphone option.
7. To confirm the action, select DENY ANYWAY from the popup.
Here’s how to disable Google Assistant on your smart TV.
How to Turn Off Google Assistant on LG TV?
To turn off Google Assistant on your LG television, follow the upcoming steps:
1. Launch Settings on your LG TV and then select All Settings.
2. Select General.
3. Then, select AI service.
4. Select Voice Recognition Settings.
5. Turn off the toggle for the Voice Response option.
Note: Turning this feature off will render your LG TV microphone will not detect your voice since it’s designed for Google Assistance..
How to Turn off Google Assistant on Samsung TV?
To Turn off Google Assistant on Samsung TV,
1. Go to Settings and select General.
2. Select the Accessibility option.
3. Choose the Voice Guide Settings option.
4. Disable the Voice Guide option from the menu.
How to Enable Google Assistant on Smart TV?
By activating Google Assistant on your Smart TV, you no longer need to press the remote multiple times to search for things. To accomplish this, follow the steps provided below.
1. Navigate to the main menu on your Android TV.
2. Choose the Settings option.
3. Turn on the toggle for the ‘Ok Google’ detection option from the Quick settings section.
By following these steps, you can turn on your Google Assistant and enhance your voice experience.
After learning how to turn off Google Assistant on TV, you can strike a balance between the convenience of voice commands and preferences for privacy and uninterrupted entertainment. Feel free to leave your comments or queries in the comment section below. Stay connected and keep exploring for more informative content. Happy navigating!