If you’re experiencing accidental voice dictation on your Android phone, it can lead to unwanted text input and frustration. So, you probably want to disable this feature to prevent unintended voice-to-text conversions. In this article, we will guide you on how to turn off Google Voice Typing on your Android phone to regain control over your text input method.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Google Voice Typing on Android
You can turn off this voice typing feature on your Android device through your device settings:
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. The steps to disable voice typing were performed on OnePlus Nord CE 5G, as shown in the illustrations below.
1. On your Android phone, open the Settings app.
2. Swipe down and tap on System settings.
3. Tap on the Keyboard & input method option to access this voice typing option.
4. Select the Google Voice Typing option and turn off the toggle for this option.
Where is Google Voice Typing in Settings?
You can find the voice typing toggle option in the Keyboard settings menu. Remember that the name for this menu may differ for each Android device. So, verify the correct option and then only make the changes. You can follow the steps mentioned above to find it in your Settings menu if you own a OnePlus smartphone.
Why Can’t I Turn Off Google Voice Typing?
If you’re unable to turn off voice typing, it could be due to the following reasons:
- Incorrect access to app settings
- Voice typing is controlled at the system level
- Outdated app or device software
- Insufficient permissions granted to the app or system
- Device-specific limitations or restrictions
These factors can contribute to the inability to disable voice typing on your device.
When you learn how to turn off Google Voice Typing on Android, you can adopt a more efficient and accurate typing approach on your Android smartphone. Share your experiences with this feature, and continue to visit our website for additional informative tutorials.