Instagram isn’t merely a platform for sharing pictures and videos as it also offers multiple tools for businesses. Many businesses use the platform to showcase their products or ideas. However, if you no longer require a business account on Instagram, this article will provide you with a step-by-step guide to turn it off on your iPhone.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Business Account on Instagram on iPhone
While an Instagram business account provides numerous features for promoting and expanding your brand, there may come a time when you prefer a more personalized approach. Since you’ve decided to disable your business account and explore alternative options, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Move to the profile page of your Business account on Instagram and tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top-right corner.
2. Select Settings from the list and tap on Preferences.
3. Tap on Switch account type.
4. Tap on Switch to Personal Account to make the changes.
5. Finally select Switch to Personal Account to confirm.
Also Read: How to Delete Facebook Business Account
How Do I Know if My Instagram is a Business Account
Usually, people join Instagram to create a private account for personal use, to post and connect with a selected audience. However, if you own a brand, or are a creator, creating a creator or business account is a better option. Based on the options available in Settings, you can identify your profile type as follows:
- Personal profiles will display the option, Switch to professional account.
- Creator profiles will show both the Switch to personal account and Switch to business account options.
- Business profiles will have both options: Switch to personal account and Switch to creator account.
Also Read: How to Change Category on Instagram
What Happens When You Switch to a Professional Account on Instagram?
A business profile on Instagram gives you access to multiple features such as:
- It lets you schedule your Instagram posts and receive notifications when it is time to post.
- A business profile allows you to track performance and analyze how your brand is doing.
- With an account for your brand, you can easily add or share links in your stories that are missing in a private account.
- It also gets you access to Instagram ads and promoted posts to help you grow and reach a larger audience.
- On switching to a business account, you can easily tag your products which allows buyers to shop directly from your Instagram posts.
- It lets you access brand-new features and updates that can help you get ahead of ongoing trends.
Recommended: How To View A Private Instagram Account
We hope with the help of our guide, you are able to turn off your business account on Instagram on iPhone. If you have any queries or suggestions, do let us know in the comments box below.