Are you interested in building an organized and engaging Discord community? If so, separating roles can assist you in achieving this goal, making it simpler for members to grasp their positions within the community. Moreover, it aids in easy differentiation. To understand how to separate roles in Discord and how role dividers work, continue reading until the end!
Table of Contents
How to Separate Roles in Discord
The process of role separation goes beyond establishing a hierarchy; it promotes collaboration, moderation, and engagement. Exploring role separation in Discord reveals not just the mechanics of role assignment, but also its significant influence on shaping the culture and effectiveness of your community.
To separate roles in Discord, follow these steps:
1. Open the Discord app on your PC.
2. Choose the desired server and click on your server name.
3. Select Server Settings.
4. Choose the Roles tab.
5. Create a new role and add an underscore to the title.
6. Choose #2F3136 color and click on Save Changes.
You can separate roles in Discord by following any of these two methods:
Method 1: Create Dividers
By assigning different roles within your Discord server, you can enhance the overall organization and management of the server. This approach also simplifies the process of locating specific roles when they are required. Here are the steps to achieve this:
1. Open the Discord app on your PC.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Go to the desired server where you want to separate roles.
3. Click on the Server name from the top.
4. From the list of options, click on Server Settings.
5. Click on the Roles tab.
6. Now, enter the desired name of the divider and click on the Create Role option.
7. Set up the permission and add an underscore before and after the title role.
8. Now, from ROLE COLOR, choose the #2F3136 color to make the role invisible.
9. Once done, click on Save Changes from the bottom of the screen to separate roles in Discord.
Method 2: Separate Role Members from Other Members
To distinguish role members from online members, you can follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Roles tab in the Server Settings.
2. Now, select the desired role that you want to separate from other members.
3. Click on the Edit icon located next to the selected role.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and toggle on the Display role members separately from the online members option.
5. Lastly, click on the Save Changes option.
How to Organize Roles in Discord Member List?
If you have a large Discord server, arranging or separating roles can improve communication and simplify coordination with specific groups of members. To organize roles for Discord members, follow Method 2 from the heading above.
How to Make Role Dividers in Discord?
To create a role divider on Discord, follow these steps:
1. Access the Roles tab in the Server Settings menu by following the instructions provided earlier in the How to Separate Roles in Discord heading.
2. Now, click on the Create Role tab.
3. In the ROLE NAME field, enter the name of the role you are creating.
Note: Add a descriptive name as this will be the category under which other roles will fall.
4. Click on the Role Color option.
5. Select a custom color and set it to #2F3136 to make the role invisible.
6. From the top of the screen, click on the Permissions option.
7. Give the necessary permissions the creator role will have.
8. Click on the Save Changes option to complete creating the role. Once creating the role is completed you will be redirected to the Server Roles page.
9. Now, From the Display tab, type 7 dash symbols (-) at the beginning and at the end of the created role name.
10. Click on the Save Changes option.
11. Move the created role divider to the top.
12. Now, create another role divider by following the same steps.
13. Move your created role divider above the roles in your server.
How to Reorder Roles in Discord?
As you have separated roles in Discord, you can now learn how to rearrange the roles in your server by following these steps:
1. Launch the Discord app on your phone.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon next to your server.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Swipe all the way down to the USER MANAGEMENT section and tap on the Roles option.
5. Tap on the Reorder option.
6. Now, long-tap on the desired role you want to move and place it up or down the order.
7. Once done, tap on the SAVE option from the top right corner.
Also Read: How to Make Someone Moderator on Discord
We expect this article was helpful for you and that you have learned how to separate roles in Discord using role dividers. By using these methods, you can improve your server’s organization, communication, and engagement. If you have any queries or suggestions, drop them in the comments section below. Also, don’t miss out on future articles by regularly exploring our website. Until next time!