As a Discord server administrator, you may look to improve your community management skills. For that, it’s important to learn about Yet Another General Purpose Discord Bot (YAGPDB) reaction roles. These roles enable server members to assign themselves specific roles or access particular channels by reacting to a message. So, let’s explore how to create YAGPDB reaction roles and self-assign roles on Discord to streamline moderation.
How to Create YAGPDB Reaction Roles on Discord
YAGPDB stands for Yet Another General Purpose Discord Bot. It is a multi-purpose Discord bot that offers a wide range of features to enhance server management. It is highly customizable and can be configured to automate various tasks, including moderating, role assignment, and even creating reaction roles. It is widely used and appreciated by Discord server owners for its ease of use and powerful functionality.
By following these steps, you can set up reaction roles and enhance user interaction on your Discord server.
1. Navigate to the YAGPDB Control Panel page and click on Control Panel from the top right corner.
2. Then, click on Add to server.
3. Click on Select Server and choose the desired server where you want to add the bot.
4. Click on the Tools & Utilities option from the left pane.
5. Then, click on Role Commands.
6. Enter the desired name for your role command and click on Create new role command.
7. Name your group and click on Create new group.
8. Now, open the Discord app on your PC to create reaction roles.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
9. Open the server with YAGPDB > desired text channel.
10. Type the following command and press the Enter key.
rolemenu create [group name]
11. Then, react to the message sent by YAGPDB with the assigned emoji in the message itself.
12. Repeat these steps to set up all the reaction roles you want in your Discord server.
Also Read: How to Add Color Roles in Discord Mobile
How to Self Assign Roles on Discord using YAGPDB?
To self-assign roles on Discord, you can follow the steps mentioned above.
How to Auto Assign Roles in Discord using YAGPDB?
Auto-assigning roles can save time and effort by automatically assigning roles to users based on specific criteria. Here’s how to set it up:
1. Visit the YAGPDB Control Panel page and select Control Panel.
2. Then, click on Add to server > Select Server.
3. Click on the desired server where you want to add the bot.
4. Select Autorole under Tools & Utilities section
5. Choose the desired role you want to auto-assign in the Automatically assign members this role.
6. Turn on the toggle for the Only assign the role when they join and click on Save.
After setting up the auto-assign roles, save the configuration. When users meet the specified criteria, YAGPDB will automatically assign them the respective roles.
Note: You can create and assign roles when a user completes Discord’s Membership Screening, the channel verification process. However, it will not work if the role is assigned when they join.
Also Read: How to Add Emojis to Discord Channel Names
What are the Role Commands Provided by YAGPDB?
Here are some of the role commands provided by YAGPDB:
- -rolemenu create: Set up a role menu. Specify a message with -m to use an existing message instead of having the bot make one
- -rolemenu listgroups: Lists all role groups
- -rolemenu remove: Removes a rolemenu from a message. The message won’t be deleted and the bot will not do anything with reactions to that message
- -rolemenu resetreactions: Removes all reactions on the specified menu message and re-adds them
- -rolemenu update: Updates a rolemenu, toggling the provided flags and adding missing options, as well as updating the order
- -rolemenu editoption: Allows you to reassign the emoji of an option
After learning how to create YAGPDB reaction roles on Discord, you can successfully set up self-assign and auto-assign roles on your server. Leave your doubts or suggestions in the comments section below, and we’ll see you in our next guide!