As a part of managing multiple servers and channels, you must have realized that organization is highly important on Discord. Servers have roles assigned to different users to manage permissions and access specific channels. However, allowing members to pick roles is necessary to delegate responsibilities and enjoy stress-free streaming. Although this can be quite tricky as only admins have the right to do so, this article is here with a workaround to show you how to self assign roles in Discord using the Carl bot.
How to Self Assign Roles in Discord
While server administrators usually handle role assignments, self-assigned roles give chosen members more control and permissions to customize their interactions. Moreover, it enables them to access relevant channels based on their interests or preferences. Here is how to do it using the Carl bot.
Step 1- Create New Roles on Discord Server
1. Open Discord and click on the server name at the top-right corner.
2. Click Server Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the Roles tab from the left, followed by Create Role.
4. Add ROLE NAME and choose a ROLE COLOR.
Note: You can click on the + icon to add as many roles as you want.
5. Once you are done, click on Save Changes.
Step 2- Add Carl Bot to Discord Server
1. Go to the official Carl-bot website and click on Log in with Discord.
2. Enter your login credentials to sign in and follow the on-screen instructions to authenticate your account.
3. Select the server to which you want to add the bot and Continue.
Now the bot will be installed on the Discord server.
4. In Discord, click on the server name and choose Server Settings.
5. Go to Roles.
6. Click and drag the Carl bot role entry above other roles.
7. Click on Save Changes.
Step 3- Set Up Reaction Roles on Carl Bot
1. In the Carl-bot Dashboard, click Manage and select your server.
2. Next, scroll down the options on the left and click on Reaction roles.
3. Click on Create new reaction role.
4. Now, choose your preferred Mode from:
- Post embed: To write a message on the bot and embed it on the Discord channel.
- Use ID mode: To turn any existing message into a reaction role message.
- Use most recent message in channel: To choose the last message on a specific channel as a reaction role message.
Note: We are taking Post embed as an example.
5. Now, make your choice in Please select a channel.
6. Next, write your Discord roles in the Content section.
7. Right-click on the screen and choose Emoji. You can add anything of your choice.
Note: Repeat this process for all roles.
8. Next, click on Add Emoji and select one.
9. Click on the Select option to assign a specific role to this emoji.
Note: Repeat this for all roles.
10. Once you are done, click on Create.
Now, the bot will display all the available roles with their assigned emojis in the server chat. Users can click on any emoji and self-assign roles.
Recommended: How to Add Reaction Roles on Discord Carl Bot
That’s it. Now that you know how to self assign roles in Discord, go ahead and take some weight off your shoulder. If you have queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below.