Followers are important on social media as they see your posts and stories, like or share them, and react to them. Losing your Instagram followers is thus, very frustrating. And the worst part is being unaware of who unfollowed you. Since Instagram does not provide you with any direct option, we have brought you an amazing guide that will help you know who and when someone unfollowed you on Instagram.
How to see who Unfollowed you on Instagram
Does Instagram inform you about Unfollowers?
Although Instagram informs you whenever you receive a follower request or someone follows you. It does not inform you about people who are unfollowing you. This feature comes in handy when you want to remove unwanted people from your Instagram as they won’t get notified about the same. However, you would know someone unfollowed you as your follower count would fall instantaneously.
Method 1: Using Manual Approach
This technique is only helpful if you want to check if a certain person unfollowed you or if you doubt someone who might have unfollowed you.
1. Open Instagram and login into your account.
2. After logging into your account, tap on your “Profile” icon given on the bottom left corner of your screen.
3. Here, tap on the “Followers” option provided with a number counter.
4. Tap on the search bar available on the top of your screen and enter your friend’s username who you think might have unfollowed you.
5. On reaching their profile, tap on the “Following” option to get the list of people they are following.
6. Type your username in the search bar, and if your profile doesn’t appear in the search results, it means the person has unfollowed you.
Method 2: Using a third-party app
Many third-party apps are available on the Play Store or App Store that lets you keep records of your Instagram account. The different third-party apps available include Followers Assistant, Followers & Unfollowers, Unfollowers for Instagram, and Follower Analyzer for tracking your private Instagram profile records.
Note: We have elaborated the steps involved while using “Follower Analyzer” as an example.
1. Launch “Follower Analyzer” and log in with your Instagram credentials.
2. On the next page, you will find three headings viz. Posts, Followers, and Following. The minus or plus sign below these numbers reflects the recent unfollows on your account.
3. Here, you need to tap on the “Followers” option.
4. After loading, you will access your Instagram account with amazing options like Total, Gain, and Lost followers.
5. Tap on “Lost” to get the list of friends who have recently unfollowed you.
6. Additionally, you may also check the accounts that you are following but are not on your follower’s list. To know about that, tap on the “Not-Follow Back” option on the same screen.
What to do after finding out who unfollowed you?
You might be upset if someone from your close friends unfollowed you. However, jumping to a conclusion is not the solution here.
- You can ask your friend about the reason or ask them to follow you back.
- You too must like their uploaded photos and react to their stories to remain engaged with them.
- If someone has unfollowed you, you can opt to unfollow them back.
However, if you are an Instagram influencer or aiming to become one, you should not unfollow anyone. Likewise, if you are promoting your business on Instagram, keep your audience updated with the upcoming sales and products you are offering.
Precautions for using third-party apps
Although, it is really helpful to understand who has recently unfollowed you using third-party apps. You must read their policies before granting any permissions to these apps. If you are using Instagram as your business profile, consider using paid analytics apps available on the Play Store.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do you find out who unfollowed you on Instagram?
You can use third-party apps like Followers Assistant, Followers & Unfollowers, Unfollowers for Instagram, and Follower Analyzer for finding out who unfollowed you on Instagram.
Q2. What is the best unfollow app for Instagram?
The best unfollow app for Instagram is FollowCo.
Q3. How do I check if my followers are following me?
You can check if your followers follow you by manually checking their profiles and searching your name under their following list. Moreover, you may use a third-party app for this purpose, such as Unfollowers for Instagram and Follower Analyzer.
Recommended: How to See Who Views Your Instagram Profile
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to see who unfollowed you on Instagram. Still, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask them in the comment section.