How can you delete or remove multiple friends on Facebook at once? Let’s see how to Remove all friends on Facebook in one click with the below-listed guide.
We all have been to the point where we had just created our Facebook accounts, and all we wanted was to add hundreds of friends to the friend list. All we did was accept and send friend requests. But sooner or later, we get that having hundreds of friends means next to nothing. There is no point in adding people to the list whom we do not know, and neither do we talk. Some of the people even get on nerves, and all we want is to get rid of them.
Once we realize all this, we start removing all those people from our friend list. I get that you are at that point, and you want to remove such people from your friend list. What if you have to remove hundreds of people or all of them? Taking everybody down one by one would be a hectic job. So how can you delete all your friends from the friend list?
Well, you can try deactivating your account for a change. But if you do not want to do so and want to unfriend all of the connections, then you will have to consider using web extensions and other third-party tools. Unfortunately, Facebook does not offer the feature to unfriend all or multiple friends at once.
Remove All or Multiple Friends on Facebook at Once
In this article, I am going to tell you the various methods to mass delete friends from Facebook. Let’s get started:
#1. Delete Friends on Facebook Traditionally
Facebook does not allow you to delete multiple or all friends in a single go. The only option for you is to delete or unfriend them one by one. Follow the steps given below to do so:
1. First of all, open the Facebook application or browse to the Facebook website. Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
2. Now go to your profile. Click on your name on the homepage to open your Facebook profile.
3. Once you are on your profile page, click on the Friends button to open up your friend list.
4. Scroll down and search for the friend you want to delete, or you can search directly from the search bar in your friends’ section.
5. Now that you have found the person click on the Friends tab next to the name. The Unfriend option will pop up. Click on it.
6. Click on Confirm to remove that friend.
7. Now repeat the steps 4-6 one by one for all the people that you wish to remove from your Facebook Friend’s list.
This is the only way to remove friends on Facebook. If you want to remove a hundred people from your friend list, you will have to follow the given steps for a hundred times. There is no shortcut; neither is there any other way to remove multiple friends. Although Facebook doesn’t provide a way but that’s what we are here for. We will be discussing about an extension in the next section using which we can remove all your Facebook Friends at once.
Also Read: How to Remove Reels on Facebook App
#2. Remove Multiple Facebook Friends at Once using Chrome Extension
NOTE: I personally do not recommend using such extensions and third-party tools as your social ID and information may be at stake.
If you want to unfriend everyone in one go, you will have to add the Friends Remover Free extension to your Chrome browser. Follow the steps given below:
1. First of all, open your Chrome browser. This extension is not available for Firefox or any other browser. So, if you have not installed Chrome yet, install it.
2. Go to the Chrome Web Store or click https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions. Now, search for the Friends Remover Free extension.
3. Once you have installed the extension on your browser, click on the icon of the extension (Puzzle icon) and click on Friends Remover Free.
4. It will show you two tabs. Click on the first one which will open your friend’s list.
5. Now, the last step is to click on the second button that says – Step 2: Unfriend All.
As soon as you click on it, all your Facebook friends will be removed at once. There are a few more Chrome extensions that perform the same task within a few clicks such as Mass Friends Deleter, Friend Remover Free, All Friends Remover for Facebook™, etc.
- Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load Properly
- What does Instagram Handle Mean?
- How to View Deleted or Old Snaps in Snapchat?
In a nutshell, the above mentioned are two methods to remove friends from Facebook. Also read how to take a break from someone on Facebook.. Also read how to take a break from someone on Facebook.. You can either remove them one-by-one or all at once. Now, it’s up to you which way you go. I’d recommend going with the former. It surely takes more time, but it is safe. Using extensions and third-party tools may cause problems for your social presence and come with a risk of data leak too.