We occasionally receive attached files and documents with unusual file extensions in our emails and other messaging apps. However, they frequently fail to open when we try to do so. Sometimes, if you have an EMZ file that you need to work with, your PC might not recognize the file format and won’t let you open it. This article will show you how to open .emz files, which are a sort of image file format. There are also a few applications mentioned in this article for you to open and edit EMZ files easily. Continue reading to learn how to open EMZ files on Windows 10 and go on with your work without any hurdles.
Table of Contents
How to Open EMZ Files on Windows 10
EMZ, Enhanced Metafile, is a compressed graphics file extension. EMZ files are picture files that have been extensively compressed. Windows Enhanced Metafile files are EMF files that are contained within EMZ files. However, certain files that have the EMF file extensions are stored in the Jasspa MicroEmacs Macro format, which is completely unrelated. Some of the features of this file format are mentioned below:
- EMZ files are GZIP compressed EMF files, which are a graphics format used by Microsoft products such as Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
- It’s both effective and convenient to store.
- Small storage files can hold high-resolution photos.
- EMZ is closely connected to other Windows Metafiles, such as WMZ. The EMZ file differs from this one in that it contains an improved metafile, the EMF file, which may be accessed by unzipping the compressed EMZ file.
Now, let us head to the following section, which contains methods to help you open EMZ files.
Method 1: Use Microsoft Office
You can use other Microsoft Office products like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to retrieve the EMZ file.
Note: The following steps are performed on Microsoft Word 2016.
1. Press the Windows key, type Microsoft Word, and click on Open.
2. Click on Blank document.
3. Then, click on the Insert menu.
4. Next, select the Pictures option.
5. Click on This Device.
6. Go to your EMZ file and click on it. Then click Insert to open the EMZ file in Microsoft Word.
The EMZ file will be inserted as an image into the document and will get opened. However, you won’t be able to edit it as it is not editable.
Also Read: How to Open GZ File in Windows 10
Method 2: Use Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is the most capable picture-altering app accessible for professionals. As a result, Adobe Photoshop is the tool of choice for reading practically any image-type file format, including EMZ files, due to its near-universal compatibility.
- With Ease, Photoshop can read EMZ files, and you’ll be able to edit, enhance, and doctor them in any manner you like.
- You may open the file by first starting Adobe Photoshop, then dragging and dropping the EMZ file into Adobe Photoshop.
- Once the file is opened, you will be able to see and edit it. You may also right-click on the EMZ file, hover over the open-with option, and choose Adobe Photoshop from the menu.
- Finally, once you’ve finished viewing and altering it, you may convert it to a new file type using the application. You can, for example, convert the EMZ file to a more accessible format like JPG or BMP.
Method 3: Use Third-party Applications
If you are still having problems when you try to extract or open .emz file, you can convert it to different file formats. You may convert the file to PNG or JPG format using image converter software. And you’ll be able to quickly open them on Windows 10 computer. Some of the applications you can use are XnView MP and File Viewer Plus to open .emz file.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the definition of EMZ?
Ans: Enhanced Metafile-Zipped is the acronym for Enhanced Metafile-Zipped. An EMZ file, commonly known as a Windows Compressed Enhanced Metafile file, is a compressed picture file.
Q2. How are EMZ files created?
Ans: EMF files can be GZIP compressed to create an EMZ file. Also, WMF files can be ZIP compressed to create a WMZ file. A Windows Metafile file may include both bitmap and vector images, akin to the SVG format. Decompressed from an EMZ file, the resultant EMF file is a newer version of Microsoft Windows Metafile file format.
Q3. Is it safe to open EMZ files?
Ans: Because they’re a form of a graphic file, there’s a slim possibility they’ll do any harm. However, this does not exclude you from scanning them with a competent antivirus program.
- Is Incredibles 2 on Netflix?
- How to Open MOBI Files on Android
- How to Edit VCF file on Windows 10
- How to Open JAR Files in Windows 10
We hope that this information was useful in addressing how to open .emz file on Windows 10. Please tell us which technique worked best for you. If you have any queries or recommendations, please utilize the comments area.