Snapchat has become of the most transformative platforms for sharing a piece of your life online. It is one of the most used social media platforms available out there. And why shouldn’t it be? Snapchat pioneered the idea of sharing temporary posts. Lots of people are hooked on this application 24×7. If you’re one of them, you must have certainly come across snap streaks. Snap streaks appear in the form of a fire emoji when you exchange snaps with a user frequently. These are often very difficult to maintain since you have to exchange at least one snap with them, every 24 hours. But the difficulty hasn’t stopped the users from trying their best. In this post, you will learn a few tips to make a list on Snapchat for streaks.
How to Make a List on Snapchat for Streaks
Reasons to make a list on Snapchat for streaks
There are ample reasons why you should make a list on Snapchat if you’re interested in maintaining streaks with a lot of people at the same time. Here are a few of them:
- Maintaining a list comes in handy when you’re trying to manage streaks with more than eight people at a time.
- It makes sending snaps easier since all these users are clubbed together at the top or bottom of the list.
- It is better to make a list to avoid sending snaps to random people by mistake.
- Making a list also helps remind you of sending daily snaps. This is crucial if you wish to earn a higher streak score.
If you can relate to any of the reasons mentioned above, make sure to read this article for some good hacks and other related information.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get started!
Make a list on Snapchat for Streaks
Making a list on Snapchat for streaks is not as difficult as you might think. All you have to know is the name of the user that you’d like to maintain the streaks with. Once you have these users in mind, follow the given steps to make a list:
1. Swipe down the camera icon and open the “My Friends” list.
2. Tap on the “My Friends” icon. An entire list of your friends on Snapchat will now be displayed.
3. When you tap on the name of a user, a pop-up will appear.
4. Look for the Edit icon and tap on it then select “Edit Name”. You can now edit the name of this user.
5. There are several ways in which you can rename users for clubbing them together. The best way to do this is by using an emoji before their names.
6. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the users you would like to maintain the streak. Once you have renamed about 8+ users, scroll at the bottom of your list. You will see that all these users are clubbed together.
7. You can also use a character to rename these users. However, this is not very effective because you might get confused about the actual names. The good thing about using a character is that all of these will appear at the top of the list instead of at the bottom, as in the case of emojis.
Once you are done renaming, you have completed the major part of the process. The advantage of renaming Snapchat users is that these names will remain on the application itself, and it won’t have any effect on your contact list at all.
How to send Snaps to these users for Streaks?
Now that you have renamed all these contacts, let us take a look at how you can regularly send your snaps to them to maintain streaks.
1. Record your snap as usual. This can be a photo or a video.
2. Once you’re done editing it, tap on the “Send” icon at the bottom. You will now be shown a list of your friends on Snapchat. If you had used emojis to rename your friends, scroll down to the bottom of the list. You will find all the previously renamed users here.
3. Now select individual users and send them your snap.
Wasn’t that easy?
Can you use the Best Friends feature to send Snaps?
The best friends feature is for those users with whom you interact the most. Yes, it can be used to send snaps to maintain streaks, but it will only work with eight users at a time. In order to maintain a high streak score with only eight users, you can utilize this feature as well. But in case the number of users is more than 8, using the Best Friends feature would be futile.
Can you use a Select All option to send snaps?
If you have been using Snapchat from the beginning, you must have seen and/or used the “Select all” option. However, this option has been discontinued and is not available in recent updates. Therefore, you have to take the longer route of selecting users individually when it comes to sending snaps.
Can you use third-party applications to send snaps?
Using third-party applications to reduce the burden of selecting users individually is too much of a risk to take. This is because of the following reasons:
- Third-party applications are notoriously known for stealing users’ information.
- They do not take permissions; instead have hidden regulations. You might end up leaking your information to third-party authorities without being aware of it.
- Apps like Snapchat have also banned users when they found out about their possible connections with third-party usage. Third-party apps may send additional advertisements along with your snaps, which are distasteful and unsolicited.
Therefore, using third-party applications is not a secure option to consider. To make a list on Snapchat for streaks and sending your snaps to users individually, can be time-consuming, yet seems to be the safest method to maintain your streaks.
Maintaining streaks with your close friends on Snapchat is one of the best ways in which the application invites user engagement. From the user’s point of view, it helps make regular Snapchatting enjoyable. Making a good list not only saves time but also the effort of selecting users from a lengthy friend list manually. This way, you can focus on sending snaps instead of worrying about selecting the right users to send those to.
If you found this article to be helpful, don’t forget to tell us in the comments below!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q1. How many Snaps do you need for a Streak?
The number of snaps that you need for a streak doesn’t matter. What matters is that you should be sending them regularly, at least once every 24 hours.
Q2. What is the longest Snapchat Streak in history?
According to records, the longest streak in the history of Snapchat is 1430 days.
Q3. Can you make streaks with a group on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, making streaks with a group is not permitted on Snapchat. In case you would like to maintain a streak, you would have to send the snaps individually to each user. You can rename them in such a way that they appear together in your contact list. This can be done by beginning the name with an emoji or a particular character.
- How to Increase Your Snapchat Score
- Does Snapchat Have a Friend Limit? What is Friend Limit on Snapchat?
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat
- How To Fix Snapchat Could Not Refresh Problem
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to make a list on Snapchat for streaks. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.